New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  9:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hahaha....we Canadians run on our own clock....we don't care what the rest of the world is doing....

Can't confirm or deny that we are(n't) observing DST this year, can just say that we march to the tick of our own clock

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  8:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hi All,

Just want to let everyone know that USA will observe DST (Daylight Savings Time)on Sunday March 14 (the weekend after this weekend).

Please look at the list to see if and when your country will observe DST : Daylight Saving Time Around the World 2010

Europe will change time on March 28 Sunday.

It says Canada will not be observing DST this year. Can someone confirm? The time calculator says DST for March 12th, but the list of countries following DST says Canada will not follow DST.

So people who do follow DST, but not till later, remember, you will join in 1 hr earlier when you join the Global Group West.

If Canada dose not follow DST this year then people from there will will join in 1 hr earlier till Nov 7th.

I will post the correct times here on March 8th so we have a better idea of what time to join the group and begin our mantra meditation.

Just a quick reminder, this Sunday US will start observing DST so please do keep the time difference in mind.
quote:
It says Canada will not be observing DST this year. Can someone confirm? The time calculator says DST for March 12th, but the list of countries following DST says Canada will not follow DST.

No one got back to me with any useful info () about DST in Canada. The Time Converter site (above) is still giving me 2 sets of info... so hopefully people from Canada know what time they are on on Sunday.

Thanks All for joining us and making this group meditation a success.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  11:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti

Just FYI, Canada DID observe DST this year. At least here in Alberta....don't know if this is province specific or not, but here in Cowtown we changed our clocks.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  3:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perfect!!! That is what I was looking for Carson. Thanks so much.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  09:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
The countries that changed to DST time today, join us at the normal meditation time again from today.
Go to Top of Page

singram61

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  11:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I live in Philadelphia PA/USA. Does this 11:15am on saturday still go on?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  08:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by singram61

I live in Philadelphia PA/USA. Does this 11:15am on Saturday still go on?

Yes, the Global group meditation still meets at 11.15 am on Saturday and Sunday.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5232

And FYI, there is a retreat in New Jersey in December. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8704

Also, if you'd be interested in starting a group of you own or meet up with other AYP practitioners let me know, I know of someone else who is interested in joining a group. He lives in the King Of Prussia area.
Go to Top of Page

singram61

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  8:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can be the host. I live 5 minutes from 95 right at exit 1--PA/DE border. I love AYP. It has helped me immensely.
singram61@verizon.net

You wrote:
Also, if you'd be interested in starting a group of you own or meet up with other AYP practitioners let me know, I know of someone else who is interested in joining a group. He lives in the King Of Prussia area.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  11:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by singram61

I can be the host. I live 5 minutes from 95 right at exit 1--PA/DE border. I love AYP. It has helped me immensely.
singram61@verizon.net

You wrote:

Hi singram61:

If you are interested, I will be happy to add you as a "planning contact" on the AYP website local contacts page. If so, let me know your town/city and name/handle you'd like to use on the list.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  09:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have a meditation group at Mumbai? I am based at Mumbai and would like to attend.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  09:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rajeev,
Unfortunately, we do not have a group that meets up in Mumbai. But you are welcome to start one. If you would like to start one I can add you to the Contact Page

We do have a global group East that meets every Saturday and Sunday morning at 11.45 am Indian Standard Time

Maybe you can join in that group.

Also there is some talk going on about a retreat in Chennai, http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8412, maybe you would be interested in that.

Hope some of this helps.

Wish you all the best!!!!

Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  3:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If no one minds, I would like to jump into the pool starting this Sunday!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  7:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We would love to have you with us WoodDragon.

I am sure you have already read up on this, but we start mantra meditation at 11.15 am ET., both Saturday and Sunday.

We also have a samyama list, http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1565 . We send healing to the people up for that weekend and also to the entire "samyama list".
Go to Top of Page

vantojo

Argentina
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  1:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello...how do the weekly meditation groups on Saturday and Sunday operate?

I am used to webinars and online meetings...is there any electronic communication that ties the group together?

Or...?

How do you connect with the group...just psychically?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Radhika

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  4:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I want to join in the weekly group meditation so add my name in.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  10:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radhika

I want to join in the weekly group meditation so add my name in.

Hi Radhika,
We don't really have a list for this.
But it will be wonderful to have you join us.
Here is the topic that explains how our long distance meditation group works:

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2022 :  6:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, I am guessing that the long distance meditation group in the East and West is still an active tradition? I fits my schedule for two sittings on the weekends, so I'm jumping in anyhow.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000