New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  3:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogesh

Isn't repression just another way of describing neurobiological blockages?
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  3:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gatito

Hi Yogesh

Isn't repression just another way of describing neurobiological blockages?

I guess, I was leaning more towards some of the practices being repressive.

Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  3:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now I'm really intrigued......

Can I draw you out...............????
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  4:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogesh,

AYP is, just what it says on the box... "Advanced Yoga". Many of the practices are powerful and need to be handled with caution. That's what advanced yoga is like. With careful management, and folowing the principles of self-pacing and grounding, it isn't difficult. Where people come to this forum with problems, they always fall into one of two categories. Either they have been doing some other practice, and are experiencing energy problems and have come here for help, or they have not implemented the practices of self-pacing and grounding properly in their AYP practice. Nearly always, they are steered in the right direction and are able to continue on the path to freedom without any further problems.

Advanced Yoga is not for everyone, it is for those that are ready. But everyone can make themselves ready if they want to, and are willing to take the time and put in the hours. Personally I practised yoga for 20 years before I did one advanced practice. Not everyone needs to spend 20 years preparing themselves to be ready for these practices, as everyone has their own timeline. Recognising that everyone has their own timeline is the important thing. Blaming the practices when the student isn't ready, or isn't willing to listen, isn't going to help anybody.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  4:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I disagree with you, and don't want to go into a lot of detail frankly on the open forum.

Or actually I should say that I 'cannot' go into a lot of detail here because it would not be allowed frankly as it would be deemed as critical.

Edited by - yogesh on Feb 11 2012 5:01:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  4:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Now I'm really intrigued......

Can I draw you out...............????

If you want to discuss via email that's fine, I don't want to go into detail here.
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  4:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogesh

By all means, let's continue the discussion via email.

Perhaps you would contact me, as you have no contact details.

Thanks in anticipation.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  6:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogesh

I guess, I was leaning more towards some of the practices being repressive.

If you feel they are repressive then don't do them. That's what self pacing is all about.. Making a decision to cut back to zero if needs be, for as long as it takes. It's recommended and is implicit in the instructions on AYP.

AYP is considered a powerful practice and can lead to symptoms of overload, if you have those symptoms then self pace. If the symptoms cannot be resolved then stop doing the practices.

It's difficult to make that much clearer. It's clearly written in every lesson. Less is more, cut back, stop, do something to ground yourself. There are enough warnings posted to scare off the casual investigator.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  7:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl
There are enough warnings posted to scare off the casual investigator.

But not enough to scare off the madmen enthusiasts who like pushing the edge of the envelope towards what's humanly possible within the inner dimensions! Stay away from those ones...they tend to make some ruffles in the fabricated dollhouses of well-mannered society...

"Do I dare disturb the universe?"
--T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  7:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
karl,

thank you for your concern, however, my answer has come from going back to a perspective which frankly I could no longer repress

Edited by - yogesh on Feb 11 2012 7:49:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  8:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What concerns me about this is not what Yogesh posted - but the reactions to what he posted.

Don't we want to encourage him to explore his concerns and to attempt help him with whatever difficulties he may be experiencing?
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  8:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly; We can't help without knowing what he's talking about.
Sorry; I reacted harshly, Yogesh perhaps because I felt left out.
I felt you were insinuating and hiding something. Oh, maybe that's what you meant by repressed?

What are your overload experiences Yogesh?

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 11 2012 10:40:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  04:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

What concerns me about this is not what Yogesh posted - but the reactions to what he posted.

Don't we want to encourage him to explore his concerns and to attempt help him with whatever difficulties he may be experiencing?

I totally agree.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  2:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This thread seems to have taken on a new direction. I just want to clarify that the original post about no longer being able to do practices anymore isn't just about AYP. In this case, no practices of any kind can be done without accelerating purification beyond a tolerable rate. It doesn't matter what kind of meditation it is or breathing exercise or pranayama. They all act equally for the most part to cause an overload within a few minutes.
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  3:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Anthem, I understand that - my own concern is that there seemed to be a leaping to the defense of AYP rather than a discussion about whatever issue has really raised itself here.

One of the criteria for evaluating the health of an individual or an organisation is its reaction to feedback.

The strength and rapidity of the defense mounted indicates oversensitivity (to me ) and therefore cause for concern (to me ).

Science involves the investigation of data. Data exclusion leads to faulty conclusions.
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  4:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I believe the answers were defensive due to an attack-type statement:

Yogesh wrote:
" My conclusion after seeing so many people here having a hard time with 'overload' and experiencing 1st hand myself is that there is a fair amount of repression that is affecting people, I don't agree that it is simply people experiencing purification and unstressing."

It is in the form of judging people without data to back it up. So the normal reaction was judging Yogesh without sufficient data.
So I agree neither one was good - and where's the data?

From this perspective, there was no attack and therefore no need for defense.

As for the data - it's screaming at me from this thread.

With Love

kitten
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  4:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm talking about Yogesh's information - we were going to help him with his overload problem, or at least discuss it. Someone was saying we are circumventing that problem, so I am returning to it.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Christi,

I disagree with you, and don't want to go into a lot of detail frankly on the open forum.

Or actually I should say that I 'cannot' go into a lot of detail here because it would not be allowed frankly as it would be deemed as critical.

Hi Yogesh,

You don't have to discuss anything that you don't want to on an open forum. Feel free to email me any time if you are having problems with your own practice.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I'm talking about Yogesh's information - we were going to help him with his overload problem, or at least discuss it. Someone was saying we are circumventing that problem, so I am returning to it.

That does indeed seem to form part of the apparent issue.

However, I'm not here to speak for Yogesh; only for myself.

Nevertheless, I'm really glad that it seems that the hand is open and extended.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

quote:

Hi Christi,

Hi Yogesh,

You don't have to discuss anything that you don't want to on an open forum. Feel free to email me any time if you are having problems with your own practice.

Christi

Thanks, but I'm good

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogesh,

Glad to hear it.

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthem, I look forward to hearing more about it as it unfolds, and appreciate the feedback you've given so far.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  2:45:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The storm is over so to say, feels like a fresh spring day.
Started again with breath meditation (http://www.aypsite.org/367.html)
Will see how it goes, maybe I will start with the iam mantra when it feels right.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  8:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
An update- a year later and it is still clear that meditation and regular yoga practices are no longer what is needed. Just a few minutes creates imbalance beyond a tolerable level. Enjoying the additional free time that this has opened up for other things in life.

Other practices come along from time to time, some new, some old, they are used for a while when needed. Life experience is the primary teacher, as it always has been though it hasn't always been apparent. What is needed is delivered, there is lots active listening to hear what is being made apparent. There is no map, but the way is clear and really there is no path, all of this just enables attention to stay here engaged in the world for longer and longer periods of a day.

Physically relaxing into the flow of life, being true to the heart and enjoying each moment = the lessons of the day.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  01:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx for the update dear Anthem11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000