Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  6:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've noticed that since upping my meditation practice a bit my dreams at night have gotten a tad worse. It seems to be some kind of wierd trade off: I.E. as my days have gotten better my dreams seem to have compensated for it in the opposite way. Is this a temp phenom? Or maybe it's just me? Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Larry

Edited by - AYPforum on May 22 2011 6:49:30 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  6:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  7:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums Larry,
Yes it should be temporary. You will read about all kinds of strange things happening to people, and they wonder what's going on. In Yogani's writings, he calls this "scenery"; just things we see along the enlightenment path.
No need to put any importance on them, just watch. Each person experiences things a little differently.
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  8:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All things are temporary, the importance we attach to things equals the importance it has. If we let go of the importance to the things we experience then they cease to have importance and thus we become free. We are the dreamers and we can choose the dream we have and how important or not it is to us.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  9:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice. This stuff is so logical it's almost strange. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  02:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Imaher,it's temporary.I've been through the same!when I started DM,my dreams were violent and scary.Especially if I slept after practice directly.Seems purification is taking place.No more annoying dreams over here even if I sleep straight away
Keep Practicing...good things are happening
Love;
Delara

Edited by - Delara on May 23 2011 06:08:35 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000