AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Self-Inquiry -- A Practice Between our Meditations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

rabar

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  2:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit rabar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, friends!
I've been busy elsewhere, but catching up here and so happy to experience all the good energies and thoughts!
I have a simple practice I do when taking our dog Riqui for walks. If I'm facing the sun, then I move into a bhakti relationship with the Source, 'walking into the light,' so to speak. If I walk with the sun to my left, I relate to him as 'Mitra,' a Sanskrit name for the sun that means 'Friend.' If I walk away from the sun, I move into the silent mind and merge with the Source who then enjoys the experience of inhabiting me while I move into my doggie's body temporarily. With the sun on my right, I enjoy Her as a female companion (actually I identify her as my darling partner). So within the span of a brief walk, I get to practice I-Thou, I-He, I-I and I-She. Sort of like Wilber's 'All Quadrants' approach! Speaking of Wilber, I highly recommend the dialogue between Wilber and Andrew Cohen in the current issue of "What Is Enlightenment?" magazine titled "The Birth of An Integral Spirituality" (Integral Spirituality is the title of Wilber's about-to-be published new book). If you can't find the issue on the newstands, drop me a line and I'll see if I can point you to a summary. "What is Enlightenment?" does tend to post their old issues on line once they're no longer current.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000