Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 When I met my guru
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shubh

India
7 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  11:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends,

I am starting this thread as I wanted to share my experience with my Guru (how I met him and some experiences there after). Would love to hear from you about yours.

It was through a friend that I came to know about Swami Subhadranand Ji. Was a co-incidence that a friend wanted my help to convince a common friend to meet her Guruji and get some medical problems treated. That discussion lead to talks about the 5 elements, yoga and kundalini and also about her Guru. I talked with the gentleman over phone and requested him to meet me. He is in northern part of India and I am working at the southern end. A flight of roughly 3 Hrs and 1 Hr journey on the road got me to his city. Till then I was wondering how crazy could a person be so as to travel such a distance without even knowing whether it was worth it. Every passing moment was a torture when thinking about the time and money spent to meet someone I had not heard about before.

I met Guru ji the first time on Gurupurnima. Had prepared a list of doubts to discuss with him including a question "what should a deciple do if the guru is fake" . I had thought of exploring the option of deeksha (if I thought it was a good idea post meeting him). I was in for a surprise when I met him. Was expecting to see someone clothed in some religious attire, basking in the attention of a lot of people with an attempt to create environment of holiness around him through words or gestures or using other means like incense sticks, lighting of lamps or candles etc.

He was different. There were definitely people there to seek his help, however, there were no pretensions at his end. He was clothed in simple attire of Kurta Pyjama and seemed to exude a message – this is what I look like, take it or leave it. I was perplexed at that time as he didn’t fit the description that would be used to describe any guru these days. However, in retrospect, why should he fit such a description? Such environment is required where a guru would need additional assistance to affect followers. He doesn’t need any.

I had jotted down a lot of questions to ask Guru ji and I did just that when finally I had an opportunity to talk with him separately. Post discussion, which had questions and answers from both sides, Guru ji decided to make me a disciple and gave me the deeksha late afternoon. This was through taking of an oath followed by 10 minutes of meditation sometimes during which he momentarily touched my forehead (between the eyebrows).

I was expecting something grander like blinding light or instant mystical experience but didn’t feel anything. Was asked to do meditation for some time in front of him and did not get any grand experience. When asked, he told me and another disciple that the guru has to moderate the arising of kundalini to ensure the body is able to cope up with the rising energy. Unbridled rise would momentarily provide a phenomenal experience, however would damage the body the recovery of which would take a lot of time. Experience would come to us based on the level of readiness of body as long as we meditate regularly and have patience.Guruji instructed to meditate at least two times a day without fail for one hour each. Any non compliance to the frequency should be followed by fasting the next day to introduce discipline.

Same day, late night, felt a burning sensation at the lower end of the spinal cord. It remained there for some time. I dismissed it then to know later it was the kundalini which had got activated and would prepare my body to bear its stronger version which would activate the chakras also.

A few minutes in my first meditation session the next day I felt something below the lower ribcage pull at my breadth. Realized I was not breathing and whatever was left inside was being pulled at with a throbbing motion. Was in two minds i.e. to continue or to come out. Feelings of self preservation took over and I came out of the meditation using the steps that were taught by guruji. Called up guruji and told him about the two things i.e. burning sensation as well as the pulling of breadth. He laughed and said “that’s it? You are scared just now? There are lot more things that would happen due to it. Don’t worry, have patience and go through all of it. There can be a lot of other experiences in which the body would react in different ways and it is part of the kundalini awakening. Body would adapt. Go with the flow and do not resist what happens automatically. Opposition to it can be counter productive ”. Besides this he also told me to be prepared as at times the body would get into uncomfortable state but would recover. That’s the way body adapts to the energy of kundaline as well as the kundalini acting on the body as well as the karmas of the person. His last lines were "A guru is not one who makes disciples but gurus". I hung up the phone, humbled and with food for thought.

After this there were multiple sessions in which stomach would contract automatically. Contraction went along with the back bending forward half way to accommodate the contraction. Also felt strain in eyes especially the weaker of the two eyes. Called guruji to discuss the experience. Was told that this was normal and shouldn’t be the cause of worry. The strain on eyes would stop over period of time.

Couple of sessions later one day once the contractions spread from stomach to chest, from where it spread to back muscles to shoulder muscles and went up to the neck. Once the contractions moved from stomach to chest I briefly had a feeling that I would suffocate. However that feeling passed soon enough. There were contractions in the evening session also however these were limited to stomach only. In the evening session momentarily felt awareness in the entire spine starting from lower point all the way to the head. This was a momentary event and I almost missed it. By the time I was about to go to sleep felt that the spinal chord was burning from the lower tip to the mid of the spine (behind solar plexus). The burning sensation remained for quite some time. Slept through it and could feel a little of it when I woke up next morning.

This was followed by sessions in which a lot of different types of bandhs were coming into play automatically. This was started by Moola Bandh followed bhy Uddayan Bandh and later Jalandhar Bandh. Out of these Jalandhar Bandh was the most common occurrence. The concentration improved over time and the bandhs have also changed. All for the preparation of the body.

In two month of having got the deeksha I had gone through the above body preparatory activities as well as more like the stretching of back to make spinal chord flexible, various forms of neck activities, ujjayee, kapalbhati and more. Remarkably I never had an idea that my body would be doing all these things on its own, as it sees fit within its limitations. Nor I ever thought I would be getting into yoga. Last two weeks of second month I had observed that the physical movements/ stretching in the body have decreased and emphasis is more around movement of neck and tongue in various ways as well as inhaling, storing and releasing breadth at different times.

After experiencing Moola Bandh, Uddayan Bandh and Jalandhar Bandh together in the third month, fourth month onwards I have started experiencing movement of prana in the spine as well as better concentration. There is also a presence of prana accumulation at the moolathar chakra which can be felt as slight burning sensation.

Around 6 months after having met him there was this brief period wherein I got very impatient and was wondering why I am not making a lot of progress in raising the kundalini and it taking a lot of time for body to get prepared (I know - how stupid of me to be so impatient with the above already happening ). He arranged to answer the question through a dream customized for me. Next morning was pleasantly surprised to find out that he was calling me and on greeting him over the phone hist first question was "so what happened last night". Enough to get me zapped. Never looked back since then and have been practicing regularly.

It is getting close to a year now. I have had many more things to experience since then. These would continue with the combined grace of both God and Guruji. However I believe the above is a sufficient summary of my experiences to give you a better idea.

Anything that you could share would be great.

Take care

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  04:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shubh for sharing about your guru.

I am keen to meet your guruji and have sent you an email via AYP mail. Please read it.
Go to Top of Page

shubh

India
7 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  10:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Rajeev,

Hi There, I had discussed with Guruji and sent the response in reply to your mail

@ Babu,

Thanks friend. It has been remarkable till now. Never had I thought at the beginning of last year that I would be involved in something like this. Did read on and off about stuff around yoga / kundalini etc. However one thing I do realize is that for some strange reason around a month even before I came to know about him I took leave from office for around 5 days just to sit at home and meditate. I couldnt understand what prompted me into it however I wanted to do it just for the heck of it. Today when I look back I realise as has been stated in lot of posts in various ayp blogs when you yearn to get into it the guru appears (inner or external) seems more like my inner guru woke up and phoned the external one for help.

He definitely went through a lot as I understand (under his guru) which helped him devise his own ways. As different gurus have different ways to teach, his own guru's method was to give a nudge in the right direction and let the person learn on ones own. I am happy that is not the case here
Go to Top of Page

Babu

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  7:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have heard that there are those who had no set person established in their mind, as a guru, but somewhat learnt, saw, experienced what they needed to, without a singly defined person. ONE or TWO, I see this appears to be the case. I dont know of course, but just abit of gossip. This being on your own bit, well when the fear of not knowing, of knowing all these fearful possibilities and yet again not knowing, then going through that, and not thinking one;s way out of that, well Im going with, you are on your own. But HEY, I dont know much, read some books, and I am an opinionated BABU BEAR.
Go to Top of Page

shubh

India
7 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  11:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. There are certain things that a person would need to go through on ones own. Answers there can only be provided by your inner self while the external guru guides. This ways a person would always find himself alone to a some extend and would need to find ways himslef. your progress definitely gets quickened dramatically because of guru's guidance / interventions but it would eventually depend on how prepared you are to take what is given and capable to use it properly.
Go to Top of Page

shubh

India
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  05:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK - so I overheated (as I would term it ) . Some days back had been given a kriya with strict instructions not to over do it. However I couldnt resist doing it a bit more due to the new experiences. And then the world was in pain. It started as some pressure in the head which lingered on for a couple of days. This was followed by left half of my head getting severe pain (especially behind the eye). Visited eye doctor to get it checked. As my left eye is weaker than the right one I have had a couple of eye number changes some years back which had the same symptom of sharp pain behind the eye.
When the results turned out negative I discussed with the BIG Doctor (my guru). On hearing the symptom and the result of the visit to doctor he asked some questions and declared it was due to my over doing the kriya due to which the weaker part of the body was facing the pressure. He provided a mantra with instructions to use it and I was asked to share the result in 1 Hour. Informed him sheepishly after half hour that the pain was gone. Was recommended to work on the mantra every time I get the pain as it would come back over next 2-3 days from time to time. He was gracious enough to not pull me up on not doing as told. Only told me that patience is a virtue. Now that the pain is gone I am back to the same frequency as was instructed. Patience Patience ......
Go to Top of Page

senthil

India
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  06:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit senthil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shubh,

can you pls provide more details about Swami Subhadranand Ji. I could not find anything about him in Google.

where is he located, does he travel to South India, does he give remote initiation, etc?

thanks for sharing !

Edited by - senthil on Jun 10 2011 06:28:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

shubh

India
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  04:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Senthil,

He is based out of north India. Doesnt travel to the south else I would have had more opportunities to meet him. I got to know him through a friend. I do know basis my experience that he can do stuff over the phone or webcam. However what I cannot say is about the initiation as he has been hardening his stance over the years due to reasons known to him. However I also believe that if it is meant to be it would happen so you can try. However as he is of the old school when it comes to initiation (one has to be present in front of the GURU- reason why I had to fly to north India to meet him) not sure if he will do the same. However I think it is for the best as face to face gives a more personal touch.

You can contact me over mail and I can sent you his phone numbers for you to reach him directly. If you need me to talk to him for you then you can furnish the details over mail and I can do so for you.

Go to Top of Page

MooNiNite

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  04:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey i was wondering if you could go into detail on this kriya practice your talking about? i cant seem to find it on this website
Go to Top of Page

shubh

India
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  06:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, have deliberately not elaborated on the kriya as I am bound by an oath not divulge this. Would not want to get into assuming the reasons for the secrecy as there can be many. At times only instructions are forthcoming and not full explainations and then I try to satisfy my curiosity by "in due course of time....". Sorry
Go to Top of Page

shubh

India
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  07:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Senthil,

A very delayed reponse but ... Now his information is available on the web. Can be found at the following links

www.gurusfeet.com/guru/swami-subhadranand-ji
www.facebook.com/gurusfeet/p...5399132169204

Regards
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  03:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Subh,

Thanks a lot for providing the details about the this guru.

Finally he agreed to give me Deeksha through webcam I was thinking he wouldnt accept that as he usually wants people to come and meet him directly.

Anyways after talking to me he was convinced so he was ready to deeksha.

After deeksha i just feel my meditation is going deeper and I can sit longer like 1 to 2hrs and infact I felt like it was just 15minutes but when I came out of meditation it was 2hrs.

The best thing about him is he is available when one has some doubts and gives his best.

I hope i could meet him when I go to india..

love n light

Viji

Btw I too feel the movement in my spine and base of spine when I am sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

onkarkumar31

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2017 :  01:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit onkarkumar31's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shubh,

Thank you for sharing your experience . I am feeling blissful to read your story .I am also looking for a Shaktipat initiation experience, which I am planning very soon and let you all know if something happens
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000