Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 The Science of Kriya Yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  05:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My sister received excellent grades in college. The college gave her a Silver medal and book 'Autobiography of a Yogi'. (She was expecting a Blackberry).

So the book remained unopened for a few months and I borrowed it yesterday.

I had heard about the book a lot and went through first few chapters. Its the first time I read about Kriya yoga and those great sages like Lahiri Mahasaya and Babaji.

Then I stumbled across this page today:

http://www.kriya-yoga.org/what-is-k...f-kriya.html

The body of the average man is like a fifty-watt lamp, which cannot accommodate the billion watts of power roused by an excessive practice of Kriya. Through gradual and regular increase of the simple and “foolproof” methods of Kriya, man’s body becomes astrally transformed day by day, and is finally fitted to express the infinite potentials of cosmic energy-the first materially active expression of Spirit.

"The yogi is greater than body-disciplining ascetics, greater even than the followers of the path of wisdom (Jnana Yoga), or of the path of action (Karma Yoga); be thou, O disciple Arjuna, a yogi!"

Lethal stuff!

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  03:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
great book indeed...when i read it also it was the first time i heard of Lahiri Mahasaya and Babaji
all the methods are perfectly valid...no monopoly...no path better than the other...interperting a Gita verse in a way that promotes a yoga school is not very nice...unfortunately many yoga schools
do that
the translation also is not very accurate...
The Yogi (the one who unifies the individual consciouness with the universal consciouness ) is thought to be superior to the ascetics (living in a cave thinking it enough to just leave the world behind although they carry their turbulent mind with them) )and even superior to men of knowledge (ie book worms or lip vedanta); he is also superior to men of action (karma yoga); therefore, be thou a Yogi, O Arjuna!
all these have not yet transcended ignorance and merged in the Self.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  08:29:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found the explanation of human body and the translation very real, positive and encouraging.

"The yogi is greater than body-disciplining ascetics, greater even than the followers of the path of wisdom (Jnana Yoga), or of the path of action (Karma Yoga); be thou, O disciple Arjuna, a yogi!"

Such words when said by the master to his disheartened disciple are invaluable... a rarity.

Be thou, O disciple Arjuna, a yogi!

That is so cool!

Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  11:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma
http://www.kriya-yoga.org/what-is-k...f-kriya.html

The body of the average man is like a fifty-watt lamp, which cannot accommodate the billion watts of power roused by an excessive practice of Kriya.

Do you happen to know if the book discusses electromagnetic approach of human body in particular the fact yogi violates second law of thermodynamics: produces more OUTPUT energy than INPUT energy from this plane of existence ?

I've been studying and developing artificial shaktipat devices related to the sciences of Zero Point Energy equivalent to tap energy from vacuum or void.

As a radio-communication engineer, i've noticed many kundalini-symptoms can be explained by electrical modelling especially if we consider grounding issues of body versus electrical grounding issues.

Maybe just view this video on my channel to get the spirit of my question http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LNtbl2Spmk

Thank you in advance, Albert
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  07:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by selfonlypath
..the fact yogi violates second law of thermodynamics: produces more OUTPUT energy than INPUT energy from this plane of existence ?

Very interesting.

Well there is a chapter where Paramahansa Yogananda meets J C Bose:

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Autob...gi/Chapter_8

I hope it has something helpful to you.

You can also go through this chapter:
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Autob...i/Chapter_26

Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  01:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blessings to you manigma for indicating the work of Jagadish Chandra Bose on radio-communications where just by reading this webpage, I get strong shakti rushes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagadish_Chandra_Bose

It seems J C Bose was aware of what we call now UWB (Ultra Wide Band) but do you happen to know what type of yoga did he practiced ?

I do know that Nikola Tesla was in contact with a famous Swami Vivekananda in Chicago but do you also happen to know what type of yoga was instructed by Swami Vivekananda ?

P.S. I'm writing a book on Zero Point Energy and here is part of it related to mysticism of radiocommunications

MYSTICISM OF RADIO COMMUNICATIONS
You see, energy healer, distant healer, non-touch healers (i.e. shamans) is really a radio-communication or wireless stuff. Humans are full of scalar waves transponders (i.e. chakras) except some humans knows how to shuttle all this energy by themselves via specific connection between consciouness & zero point energy wells.

I've been working radio-communication since age 14 on so many projects so the way I see things lately is really simple: there are matter-matter transformations in nature and there are wireless-matter transformations on nature so whatever the label or the property of these wireless waves, it is there in special electromagnetism but also gravity and time maybe consciousness. I've personal experience on yoga, tantra, shaman meditation and bio-energy healing that shows it is also a wireless phenomae except there seem to bio-wave interaction: biology and electromagnetism are coming together. In fact, human body might just be a very complex radio modem with ultra-wide band transponders, oscilators,...

There are specific ways of making self-oscilators which for sure need to be non-linear but very difficult to design & tune. Please note that yogi knows how to tap in Aether in bi-directional mode.

Suppose science or industry becomes able to design electro-magneto- gravity devices, there is a good chance such devices can alter locally time-space hence affect their human operator or humans being around such radiating devices. This is why understanding from scientific point of view how does a shaman or yogi behaves might shed light because such person naturally awaken through themselves secure Flight Management Systems through space-time, gravity modification being one aspect but not all the story. You might be aware that Dalai Lama has been invited in some quantum physics labs where he was able to provide some keys of understanding of specific experiments not explained by science. Please note that I've a foot in high level science & engineering so I apply strict intellectual analysis rule when dealing with para-normal phenomaes which i've personnaly experienced, in particular wireless or radio-communications affecting bio-circuit.

The foundation of Zero Point Energy or Overunity is wireless, radio because it is about tapping energy wireless from void. That is an incredible advantage to a be a trantrika or shaman or yogi because we do it naturally everyday. Then just a matter to mimic an electronic machine which of course has to follow radio-comm rules but non-standard radio comm design.

Edited by - selfonlypath on Apr 09 2011 06:43:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  09:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really have no idea if J C Bose practiced yoga. You can learn a great deal about Swami Vivekananda on web.

But your writings reminded me of Ramanujan.

In the 1888 a person named Ramanujan was born in a poor Brahmin family in South India. He became a very famous mathematician. He could not study much, but still his genius in mathematics was unique. Ramanujan was not even a matriculate and had no training or guidance from anyone.

The genius and capabilities of Ramanujan were such that they could not be due to mental powers, because the intellect moves very slowly, thinking takes time, but Ramanujan didn't take any time in responding mathematic questions. No sooner was the problem written down on the blackboard or put to him verbally than Ramanujan began to reply, without any time gap for thinking. It was very difficult for great mathematicians to understand how it happened. A problem which would take about six hours for an eminent mathematician to solve -- and then too he was not sure about being right -- Ramanujan solved instantaneously, unerringly.

It proved that Ramanujan was not replying through the medium of the mind. He was not very learned, he had actually failed in matriculation; there was no other sign of intellectual ability, but in connection with mathematics he was superhuman. Something happened that was beyond the human mind.

Whenever he began to look into any mathematical problem something began to happen in the middle space between his two eyebrows. Both his eyeballs turned upwards, centering on that middle space. In Yoga, that space is described as the Third Eye spot. It is called the third eye because if that eye becomes activated it is possible to see events and scenes of some different world in their entirety. It is like looking out of your house through a small hole in the door, and suddenly, when the door opens, you see the whole sky. There is a space between the two eyebrows where there is a small aperture which sometimes opens -- as in the case of Ramanujan. His eyes rose to his third eye while solving a problem. Neither Hardy could understand this phenomenon nor would other Western mathematicians ever understand it in the future.

Hidden Mysteries
http://www.balbro.com/hm/hm3.htm

But its good to know that someone is trying to understand such phenomenon and explain them.

All the best!

Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  12:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

I really have no idea if J C Bose practiced yoga.

On a side note, it is really fascinating to discover J C Bose already was aware of the importance of Free Open Source spirit, not patenting his radio-communications circuits. Indeed, most Zero Point Energy experimentators & researchers do follow the same spirit nowadays since industry lobbies (medical, energy) are kind of suppressing or blocking any device technology able to tap energy from aether because it cannot be billed as done from the grid.

This involves a new paradigm shift about the business model where anybody can become self-supplying super-close from mystic path (the guru is in you) explaining why you can break the second law of thermodynamics, Maxwell's demon device,... The self-sustaining (energy, healing) possibility is clearly a deep mirror of tantra where one find inside our human vessel consciously self-inner power instead of suffering by gathering samasaric external power.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagadish_Chandra_Bose where again Swami Vivekananda shows up as well as Nikola Tesla a key figure on Zero Point Energy sciences

Although Bose filed for a patent for one of his inventions due to peer pressure, his reluctance to any form of patenting was well known.

Bose planned to “perfect his coherer” but never thought of patenting it.

Bose was not interested in patenting his invention. In his Friday Evening Discourse at the Royal Institution, London, he made public his construction of the coherer. Thus The Electric Engineer expressed "surprise that no secret was at anytime made as to its construction, so that it has been open to all the world to adopt it for practical and possibly moneymaking purposes."[7] Bose declined an offer from a wireless apparatus manufacturer for signing a remunerative agreement. It might be interesting to note here that although Sir J. C. Bose did not see the merit of patenting, Swami Vivekananda disagreed. However, prior to his trip to USA, Swami Vivekananda visited Prof. J. C. Bose and tried to convince him to patent this invention of his. Since he knew that it wouldl be futile to try convince him do such an act, he instead made copies of this ground breaking and carried it with him to USA. Besides, delivering his world famous talk at the conference on World Religions, Swami Vivekananda asked one of his disciples, Sara Chapman Bull, to file a patent application for "detector for electrical disturbances" in the absence of Sir J. C. Bose. The application was filed on 30 September 1901 and it was granted as US 755840 on 29 March 1904. This act of Swami Vivekananda has finally garnered an Indian scientist with the recognition for being one of the founding fathers of wireless communication. Prof. J. C. Bose never visited USA.
Speaking in New Delhi in August 2006, at a seminar titled Owning the Future: Ideas and Their Role in the Digital Age, Dr. V S Ramamurthy, the Chairman of the Board of Governors of IIT Delhi, stressed the attitude of Bose towards patents:
"His reluctance to any form of patenting is well known. It was contained in his letter to (Indian Nobel laureate) Rabindranath Tagore dated 17 May 1901 from London. It was not that Sir Jagadish was unaware of patents and its advantages. He was the first Indian to get a US Patent (No: 755840) in 1904. And Sir Jagadish was not alone in his avowed reluctance to patenting. Roentgen, Pierre Curie and others also chose the path of no patenting on moral grounds." However, it is necessary to mention that Roentgen is not the original inventor of X-rays. It was Nikolai Tesla's invention. Tesla had patented this technology prior to Roentgen inventing it. Roentgen had eventually met Tesla and had long conversations with him regarding Tesla's inventions, and might have realized that he could never patent his invention as it was prior art at that point.
Bose also recorded his attitude towards patents in his inaugural lecture at the foundation of the Bose Institute on 30 November 1917.

Edited by - selfonlypath on Apr 10 2011 05:37:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  10:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.kriyayoga.is/masters/image002.png <--- my favorite guy =)
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  03:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

http://www.kriyayoga.is/masters/image002.png <--- my favorite guy =)

LOL!

Lahiri Mahasaya at its best.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000