Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 beyond me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  6:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
if something I am holding is beyond me, and it appears troubling to me in certain situations,
how does one let go.? am I holding on?
is it all of the sudden
or progressivly with something like ayp and 2x daily meditation?

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  7:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As Bruce Lee said in Enter the Dragon

"It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. *smack* Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all the heavenly glory"

Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  7:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
please dear woosa-

I am concentrating too muchon yourmiddle finger..huh? or is bruce lee smacking someone in some movie

no really please under all seriousness...what do you mean?

do you think I am concentrating? do you think this is only my concentration?
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  8:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How I think it relates is you think you need to let go, you are holding on etc.

The more you try and not do this. The more you will be.

Have you tried Self Enquiry?

Who is holding on?

Who is trying to let go?

That is why I think that quote helps. You are concentrating too much on the hows and the ifs. And missing the heavenly glory. Just appreciate the situation for what it is.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  11:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sagebrush

if something I am holding is beyond me, and it appears troubling to me in certain situations,
how does one let go.? am I holding on?
is it all of the sudden

Why are you trying to hold something which is beyond you?

Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  6:24:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I didn't write that--I just took it on.

and I have bitten off more than I can chew.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  6:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello sagebrush

quote:

is it all of the sudden

In my experience, 2x daily meditation does help one to let go.

If there is a "how" to letting go, it is to see what you're holding onto and being willing to let go. Then just relax and let go.

If you're not able to see it (or unwilling to let go), then AYP deep meditation definitely does help. And yes, it's progressive. Or it may happen in "chunks" periodically.

If I may ask, what appears troubling to you?

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  11:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cosmic-

I think my problem is I like you.

No problem right now, I am on a break from work and my mind has been occupied with labor work.

I will say that I noticed experienced something so amazing last evening before falling asleep.

I was physically tire and we at our house has some relatives for a visit for a couple of hours.....so when they left I was ready for bed.

As I was falling asleep I could on two occasions really feel myself let go...the first time it happend naturally and I notice --wow-even as I was drifting off I was holding on just to tension...and then I let myself relax again deeply. I won't go looking for it, but I think consciously, becoming aware of continuing to let go of tension is so relaxing, at anytime...and to also see where it seems to be tightest..often I notice it in my stomach or abdomin...and many minutes go by and then I go..omg....is this anxiety or what? and then relax.

other than this..cosmic...without going into alot of sagabrush...
I will sign off-

you can share with me any of your problems though.

sagebrush

oh- and the 2x meditation would be very helful..I have a terrible time with an erratic daily life...but I do think that I will continue to read here and get help with some direction, often times I am busy mummering around about things regarding ayp without really trying anything..but notice I have yet to leave.It is like mumbo jumbo and I mean no direspect to followers or the educators.

and my latest habit is switching to drinking more water/lemon and that is taking some doing.

good day!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  11:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sagebrush

quote:

I think my problem is I like you.

Aww. Thank you, that's very sweet of you

I'm happy about your experience letting go. Becoming aware of it like you did will make letting go easier. You'll start to notice the tension more and then relax, and the relaxing will eventually become habit. Wonderful to hear your experience

quote:

oh- and the 2x meditation would be very helful..I have a terrible time with an erratic daily life...

When you're ready to try it, you know where to find the lessons. Even starting small (like 5-10 minutes of DM, 5 minutes rest) can make a big difference.

Have a wonderful day! Lots of love.

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  9:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was ready to try it again today...

all done against what I know is a better route, ie, not eating first, not jumping up with a timmer. But hey. I managed to sit for some 10 minutes. For me just letting the thoughts stir like mad, and then it slows itself down and gets more quiet and less like me trying to control the thoughts.

I am not necessarily looking for encouragement from anyone, but I am here because I think of support and will take it if available.

Also drank my water...

I have spent alot of time considering my toxic profession and that I want to be a healthier person. When I look around the world where I live I see so much trash in the creeks, rivers, and streams and I think that this is what I must appear like here at this forum...like debris.

anyway uncovering this. I don't think I am debris.but I have to start from a point of not alot of yoga(next to nil) and a really challenging anxiety/emotional mind.

I think that at times it is unerving, threatening and embarassing..that there is unbound awareness.

I am rambling. I found another forum(career-related) and I think that will be helpful in not dragging so much noise here.... because I want to share somewhere, and this has not really seemed like the place overall.
so thanks for reading.

Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  6:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The only escape possible is one person, on their own, alone, slipping off by themselves, into the black."
-Jed McKenna

I think this statement from this person is understandable, however it seems little and self centered. I hope that when I gain wisdom in this lifetime,without efforting to change the world to suit me, I would share in the benficence of ALL.

wake up everyday and think consciousness is spit makes for a sour life.

Tell me otherwise?
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  7:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is no good someone telling you what you should experience. It is best to find out for yourself.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  11:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am 41 years of age...oh I know I was never born..yadda yadda

and so far I have experienced plenty to determine that consciousness is not spit for me....grant it some of what comes out of my mouth is spit, but not all of it>!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000