Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 amaroli
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  2:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hey,

had my first attempt at amaroli today and the initial disgust over i feel full of energy and bright as a button :)

i feel it was my intuition that drew me to amaroli and i am also considering other bodily purification procedures.

I recently had a Kundalini awakening so i'll probably try the nasal rinse.

how do you find the amaroli and shatkarmas?

Joe

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  5:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  5:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JosephUK,

Wonderful that you feel the awesome energy with amaroli.

Since you say, you just started amaroli, I would give it a few weeks before you add anything new, including jala neti.

Amamroli is a powerful practice, and it may help to get stable in it a bit before adding anything new, this way if overloads happen you know what practice added what... and can self pace accordingly.

Wish you all the best.

Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  3:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Shanti,
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  8:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't comment on amaroli, but I have been practicing Jala Neti on a nearly daily basis for quite a while now. I can honestly say that no other single practice has had as much positive influence on my health. I haven't gotten sick a single time since I began it. I really can't recommend it highly enough. I also find it to be very energetically stimulating; Though perhaps less so now than at first.

Edited by - Clear White Light on Dec 01 2010 12:27:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

dave

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  07:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Neti is an amazing wellness practice. My son was age 3 when he started getting sinus infections with 105 degree fevers 3-4 times a year after two years of this. We started him on netti and he hasn't had one since (He's about to turn 8 now).

Not sure if i've felt any real energy changes, beyond being healthier, feeling better and getting sick less.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  08:48:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Joseph,

I agree with Shanti you try one at a time which would be good otherwise it would be clunky and kind of messy!

Its great you have started Amaroli I did it around 3 yrs before when I had eczema and at that time I tried amaroli and it did help me.

Now along with some herbs for eczema which I applied its no more in sight phew i suffered for two years with it..finalyy happy to get rid of it.

Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  04:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If diet has been proper then amaroli is not disgusting at all, on the contrary, the taste is similar to green tea

Don't really practice shatkarmas at the moment. Tried basti before, didn't feel it made much of a difference for my practice. As for jala neti, I do khechari instead and I think the effects are similar?
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  11:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron

If diet has been proper then amaroli is not disgusting at all, on the contrary, the taste is similar to green tea

Don't really practice shatkarmas at the moment. Tried basti before, didn't feel it made much of a difference for my practice. As for jala neti, I do khechari instead and I think the effects are similar?

Kechari and Jala Neti do have similar effects in terms of energetic stimulation (although kechari is obviously superior for this). However, Jali Neti also serves the purpose of keeping the nostrils and sinus cavities clean and unobstructed, which leads to better health and more comfortable breathing during pranayana and meditation. Those aspects of the practice shouldn't be overlooked.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  01:10:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But the sinus cavities and the nostrils can be cleaned with the tongue too.
Go to Top of Page

limcnabb

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  1:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit limcnabb's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste to all!
I have been doing Amaroli for 3 years, I feel good, healthy, never get sick even cold, nothing, is not beautiful!! so you dont recomend me to try Jala Neti? can anybody tell?
Thanks
-Lis
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  04:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jala Neti is good, I've done it, I was just pointing out that there is an alternative to it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000