Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 cycles of purification
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  01:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
As I read through some AYP enlightenment series, I wanted to mention I love this idea, cycles of purification. For long periods it seems like not much is happening, then big obstructions crack at their foundations and crumble every once in a while over a matter of a few minutes. I notice the change as ecstatic energy gushes through the new opening. And I think, how can I do that again? What was I doing recently that caused this? How can I reproduce those few minutes? The longer I have done AYP, the more I am realizing that the timing of these big releases is pretty much random. It has more to do with the cycles of purification than anything I can externally control. The big obstruction passes, and exposes a new layer of obstructions which the purification begins to slowly eat away at ... until one day, another big release.

Understanding this has been very liberating. When there is a big release like this, I used to drop everything and try to micromanage it. I would try to hold onto it, or "pass the test" and enter the momentary gateway into my one true chance at enlightenment. Today it happened in league bowling, and I just kept going, knowing it for what it was. The ecstatic explosions were happening in the background of my regular activity and no big deal. Just part of the cycle.

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  07:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  08:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome!!!! (x 2)
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  12:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well said! My experience too.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  8:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there is any way to speed up the cycles, other than not resisting everything happening to you,
and increasing bhakti.
I think cycles are the way it is supposed to happen.
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  2:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kundalini Rocks :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000