Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Inner light and iam meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  5:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
They say in taoism that the inside of an average adult if they close their eyes and feel/look inside that it's dark in there. With practice, gradually the inside of the body starts to look and feel like it is filled with brilliant light.

I'm definitely getting the sense that the iam mantra is the ultimate light generator on a cellular level. Sort of feels/looks like hundreds of tiny points of light. For me, mostly in my lower core of the trunk seems to be where the lights have the highest concentration.

If I'm in a bad mood, and I look inside--the lights are off. Nobody home? If I then sit down and iam for a bit, the lights turn back on and I feel much better.

I'm sure everyone experiences the effects of the iam mantra in very different ways and I doubt that the perception of inner light is a big deal compared to the underlying bliss field generated, but I'm curious if this sort of thing is common.

-Yoda

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  03:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yoda (love your name BTW),

Recently, during rest after meditation, I sometimes see an inner light. It seems to come from above, possibly the crown. Rather than many points of light, it seems like one large light emanating from the top of my head (I just see the rays, not the source). It feels like it comes from God.

If it's any comfort to you, I seem to get this light when AYP is going really well, and I am feeling some progress. I think it's a sign of progress, just another thing to be unattached to...
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  09:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cosmic_troll,

Maybe the star described in AYP Lesson 92 could be of a similar nature to the light that you experience.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2006 :  04:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link to this lesson, weaver. It does sound similar to the white light Yogani writes about...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000