New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DansInEveryWay

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  12:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
one word permeates if i sit still for long enough: "grati-opene-silencelove." okay, four words. it's like wakeupneo said, looking for the way to put it, i fall silent.

my heart is still glowing. love to you all.
dan
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  12:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone who led and participated in the retreat,

I am so happy to read of the amazing experience you had in the first AYP retreat. This is giving me a lot of encouragement to put in more efforts to organise the first such retreat in India in 2011. I hope I can borrow ideas from the organisers/leaders of this event.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  11:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DansInEveryWay
"grati-opene-silencelove."

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  1:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
Just wanted to give an update..

Three weeks later, I'm still riding the "high" wave.

What is so astonishing to me is this - I've been at this (spiritual transformation) in one or other form for years. Even after practising AYP methods for a year or so (the "full plate"), I did not think I had made much progress. Reading about people's experiences on the forum drove me to frustration at times. So much so that I stopped visiting the forum for a while.

When I landed at the airport in PA, I had not had the time in the weeks leading up to it to think about the retreat. For a change, there were no expectations. Perhaps the thought was that I would leave feeling unfulfilled, like I had on other occasions.

But, was I in for a MAJOR surprise! At the retreat, I didn't have energy surges or such experiences (I did have a profound vision of my ishta during the Saturday evening session). What I did a LOT was cry -this began on Saturday at lunch and continued into the following week. Have not the faintest idea what this was all about. Being the devotional type, I loved the kirtan sessions. And even though I had no prior knowledge of Insight Dialogue and didn't *feel* any openings during the ID sessions, I know now that they did happen (BTW, that book/teaching is exactly what I needed - thank you Katrine). When I left PA (with a raging sore throat, which I was told was purification), I thought it would be back to normal as soon as I landed home.

But was I in for a bigger shock! It seems I have forgotten what "normal" is. The first two weeks, I went about my days in an altered state of mind - like I was here, but not really. I felt (very pleasantly) withdrawn from everyone, did not feel like talking much (a big shocker to those who know me ), and immersed in the bliss of expanded silence enveloping me on all sides and from within. A minty feeling appeared in my heart area and stayed constant for days, now migrating up or down my spine at random. I couldn't wait for my practice sessions twice a day - between practice sessions, I made it through, just waiting to get back to my meditation seat. I had two profound experiences of a buzzing/vibration in my spine that was ecstatic, once in the middle of the night after a daylong fast and the other at the temple on Diwali day. Last week, I finally began to feel more "connected" with people. Throughout this time, I've had a surreal sense of witnessing - everything happening on a movie screen.

Since the retreat, I've had loss of motivation to pursue various things, but I know this will pass. I've begun to question (without actually making an effort) the importance of so many things I do. This too might pass..

Mostly, I'm completely flabbergasted that all this could've happened after ONE retreat - how is this even possible? Especially because I was so "under-sensitive" before this. I feel more "open" (for lack of a better description), like surrendering happened at some level in that meditation room at Mensch Hill without being conscious of it.. because everyone was so accepting and loving. Perhaps it is because of that surrendering that everything else followed. Whatever the cause, I can say that that retreat has made the most difference on my path. Clearly, the combination of activities at the retreat was "just right" for me.

While I don't know how long this will last - the silence, the bliss, the "minty" spine, I will live in it while it is happening . AT LAST!!

kami

Edited by - kami on Nov 17 2010 1:19:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  10:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami,

I'm getting minty again just reading about your minty-ness...

That weekend was honestly the most powerful experience I've ever had...no joke...ever

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  07:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami

quote:
Mostly, I'm completely flabbergasted that all this could've happened after ONE retreat - how is this even possible? Especially because I was so "insensitive" before this. I feel more "open" (for lack of a better description), like surrendering happened in that meditation room at Mensch Hill without being conscious of it.. because everyone was so accepting and loving. Perhaps it is because of that surrendering that everything else followed. Whatever the cause, I can say that that retreat has made the most difference on my path. The combination of activities at the retreat was "just right" for me, I think.

While I don't know how long this will last - the silence, the bliss, the "minty" spine, I will live in it while it is happening . AT LAST!!

Thank you so much for sharing this Kami.

You are always with your Self - that's the beauty of it

Your sharing......I keep seeing this long journey of the seed in Mother Earth......so much growth happens without us being aware of it. And then one day.....the sprout sticks it's head out of the soil and meets the sun, the rain, the air firsthand.

That can never go back you know......I am so happy for you Kami
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  1:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing Kami. really inspiring :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000