Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Where to progress, what to take on?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  8:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Thank you all for the recent helps and encouragements! I'm back again with more questions.

I feel the desire to progress strongly. But I don't know what exactly to take on. My current routine is (sorry again):

10min SBP with Sambhavi and Mulabanda, in Siddhasana;
20 Min DM with Ai Am (not in Siddhasana)

Every item in this routine is very stablized.
I've recently tried 1st alternative mantra enhancement (Shree I Am Namah). And that's too much purification and a bit too much energy.
Then I tried samyama again (have tried twice before). Again it felt like a bit too much.

Even though the next logical step is Yoni Mudra, somehow I'm afraid of adding more energy practice to it. Any suggestions? Advices? What I should take on next?

Phil

Edited by - Pheel on Sep 28 2010 10:42:20 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  08:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How long have you been practicing the 10min SBP with Sambhavi and Mulabanda, in Siddhasana and 20 Min DM with "i am"?

I would suggest keeping this practice going for a while and being completely stable in it before adding anything else.

You could add some asanas to the start of your practices though. That may help.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  1:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

I would suggest keeping this practice going for a while and being completely stable in it before adding anything else.

I'd also suggest continuing a while longer on the current routine. After a while, I'd try again with either Samyama or mantra enhancement.

I've also experienced the "false starts" with Samyama/mantra enhancement you mentioned, Phil. I just kept trying every 2 months or so, and eventually they took (separately, not at the same time ).

I think you're in a good place
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  2:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic and Shanti, Thank you both for the input!

Shanti, I added SBP 7.5 months ago, Sambhavi and Mulabanda abt 6months ago, Siddhasana abt 3months ago. I usually add 10-15 mins asanas before my routine (not exactly with Yogani's asanas kit)and am taking asanas course. It does enliven my sessions.

But I guess I am a bit too rash in taking on new things, I probably need to stick with this routine for a couple more months:)

By the way, the cartoonish figures on the asanas starter kit are cute:) hahaha! I like them a lot!

Edited by - Pheel on Sep 29 2010 3:55:30 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000