New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  10:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

I am at lesson #62,with learning to open the third eye. I have been practicing this for about 2 or 3 weeks.

This may sound dumb, but how do I know when the third eye is opened? Greater intuition? I have been self pacing to wait until this occurs
before assuming the lessons.

thanks,
nirmal

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  10:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal
...how do I know when the third eye is opened? Greater intuition?

Hi nirmal,

This morning I stumbled upon your question about opening the third eye.

You mentioned lesson #62. I (re)read Lesson 62 where Yogani addresses the question, "How long is one spinal breathing cycle supposed to be?"
http://www.aypsite.org/62.html

It is a fine lesson, but I do not see a direct connection with your question above, "How do I know when the third eye is opened?"

The third eye opening question is addressed directly in Lesson 56 - Sambhavi – Opening the third eye.
http://www.aypsite.org/56.html
So I (re)read that lesson too. Yogani says a lot of inspiring things in those lessons.

It has been six months since you asked your "third eye" question. If you would be willing to share a bit, I would like to hear a little about how has it been going for you in relation to the practices of twice daily Spinal Breathing Pranayama and Deep Meditation? Have you been able to get into a stable routine? And then, in relation to your practices, would you say something about what you may have noticed along the way as it might relate to specifically "third eye opening?"

be

Edited by - bewell on Dec 30 2010 10:38:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  3:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Be, wrong lesson! I suppose I was talking about sambhavi. And, yes, I am firmly established in my practices now for quite some time. As for the third eye opening. It is rather sluggish.

Ayn suggestions?

LPL,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

psychicexplorer

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  8:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit psychicexplorer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sorry Be, wrong lesson! I suppose I was talking about sambhavi. And, yes, I am firmly established in my practices now for quite some time. As for the third eye opening. It is rather sluggish.

Ayn suggestions?

LPL,
nirmal

By the way (not that you are) don't try and force the third eye opening, trust me... you Can go crazy, literally.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  02:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It´s me again. I´m still working on opening the third eye, though patiently. I have crossed the lesson yoni mudra kumbhaka (purging the third eye), and have felt some pressure at the point between the eyebeows, which I guess is a very good sign, but seems like a long way to go to actually opening the third eye all the way.

Any comments?

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  11:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience, it felt like vibrations starting at the back of the head (brain stem), the spread all over the brain, finishing above the eyes. It was more like charging up the whole brain before getting there.

Peace & Love, Jeff

Edited by - jeff on Feb 18 2011 11:14:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  7:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
As for the third eye opening. It is rather sluggish.

Nirmal

"Sluggish," you say. Sounds like your talking to an auto mechanic about something going on under the hood of your car From what master mechanic Yogani says, there is no need to understand what is going on "under the hood." His writings have given me the impression that when you do the AYP practices, including SBP, the so called "third eye" will so called "open up" in due time. The conceptualization is just a pointer. The experience might not be what you think. It might be mainly something more like improved "intuition" moment to moment.

Love and Peace,

Be
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  09:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there,

I believe I am making progress in the third eye. I have become a little more aggressive during SB, meaning taking deeper, fuller breaths, and tilting my head just a little towards my chest, as in jalandhara,but not that far.I drop it only a little, so that my eyes can look up toward the third eye. This seems to be easier for me to gaze toward the point between the eyebrows wlile furrowing them.
I have experienced white flashes and lately the color brilliantly white has covered my field of "vision."
I´ve also experienced pressure in varying in sensitivities and sometimes to the point of slight pain, but no pain? If you can understand? So, I guess I am making baby steps!

lpl,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  06:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,

Thanks for sharing your experience. About gazing "toward the point between the eyebrows wlile furrowing them." I too have played around recently with tilting my head down.

On a perhaps related note, I have also noticed a single furrow between my eyebrows that is becoming more obvious recently when I look in the mirror. I began thinking of it as an automatic yoga. Then two days ago, I was in a deep open-hearted conversation with a new friend, and noticed that he had the same furrow. I asked him about it and he said it had just started recently for him too. The two of us ended up having a deep conversation about intuition and third eye opening.

He commented that we have to be careful about who you share these sorts of experiences with and to illustrate, he shared this story:

A crazy man stripped off all his clothes, climbed up a tree and sat on a limb. Pretty soon the village wise man came by and, seeing the crazy man, he stripped off all his clothes too, and climbed the same tree, and sat on a limb right beside the crazy man. They sat there for a while and then the crazy man looked at the wise man and said: "You and I do a lot of the same things! Why is it that the people think I am crazy and that you are wise?" The wise man paused for a moment, then looking into the crazy man's eyes, he said, "I know who to tell and who not to tell."

It is wonderful to have a place like this forum, a safe place to tell.

Be

Edited by - bewell on Feb 25 2011 06:15:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  01:36:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Be and all,

Love that story! Maybe along that same line, I noted yesterday while meditating and practicing sambhavi I had the most pecular sensation of my third eye elongating forward from my forehead. The only way I can describe it, and what it reminded me of when it was happening, was when the fabled Pinocchio´s Nose Grew (every time he told a lie).Just like that. Like it Grew.

Any comments?

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  03:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nirmal

In another meditation tradition I once dipped into (Sant Mat) I learned to intentionally focus attention out in front of the forehead about a foot. Even though it is not an AYP, I confess, I sometimes still use that attention focus technique. It seems your attention is naturally growing in that direction.

This is not the approach used in AYP Sambhavi where is taught like this: "We are not looking through our eyes with our attention. Our attention is going up and down in the spinal nerve." http://www.aypsite.org/56.html

Love, Peace, and Light,

Be

Edited by - bewell on Mar 07 2011 03:53:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  09:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Be,

Thats great that you pointed that out, but I was not intentionally focusing on the third eye. I was practicing sambhavi when I had this sensation as described above.

Love, peace and light,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  04:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You know, now that I think about it, I may have been doing partial automatic yoni mudra kumbhaka; hence the breath retention and attention was on the third eye, as you pointed out, Be. I was not aware of these two things until you pointed it out to me. Thanks!

lpl,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  12:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

Maybe someone else is somewhere where (or not) I´m at or who can tell me how you´re doing with opening the third eye? I would love some feedback.

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  09:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone,

I´ve noticed lately when I do yoni kumbhaka or sometimes outside of practices I experience a gentle nudging over my third eye and sometimes also generalized over my forhead. It´s like fingers are gently pressing on these places. I am very happy about this!

Anyone else?

peace,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  4:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,

There can be lots of different experiences that happen during the time that the third eye is opening. It takes many years to open, so there is plenty of time for all these things to happen.

These experiences can include:

1. Electrical sensations at the forehead.
2. Sensations of energy swirling at the forehead.
3. Flashing lights seen at the forehead usually with the eyes closed. These are often white but can be other colours.
4. The feeling that the forehead is being pulled back towards the centre of the head.
5. Sensations of ecstasy at the forehead.
6. A mark appearing on the forehead which is usually a grove, or a forked trident (the mark of Siva).
7. The eyes begin to shine.
8. Electrical sensations at the back of the head.
9. Visions of the inside of the sushumna nadi and the gateway to heaven at the end of it.
10. Increased intuition.

The last of these is the most important. All the others are transitory.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  12:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi!

I am so glad to have a response! Thank you for your wisdom! Yes, I have experienced the flash of white lights and sensations at the forehead. Isn´t it also possible, maybe not likely, to have spontaneous opening of the third eye? Why does it take so long to open? Years? I have been practicing methods outside of AYP practices to open the third eye also.

peace,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  3:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,

Yes, it is possible to experience the spontaneous opening of the third eye, but even then, it will take years to fully open. The reason it takes so long, is because the third eye is not fully open until all of the subtle nervous system is fully purified, and that takes a long time.

Last week my 5 year old daughter described what it feels like when the third eye is opening. She said it was like little fishes of blood swimming around inside your forehead.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  01:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi
Last week my 5 year old daughter described what it feels like when the third eye is opening. She said it was like little fishes of blood swimming around inside your forehead.

My son (4.7 now) told me something similar last week. That its like a flock of little snakes rushing with speed towards a bright light.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  02:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok then it is all about fishes and snakes...lol..
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  04:51:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
O.K., now all I have to do is make myself 5 years old and look for fish and snakes dancing in blood toward a bright light! That should be a breeze!

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  05:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

ok then it is all about fishes and snakes...lol..

It is until we start growing and understanding such subtle processes with a mature/developed mind.

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  08:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Manigma,

Rrrrrright!

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  10:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

Well, I certainly have learned a lesson! Atleast for me I cannot have or use other practices outside AYP, because those other types mentioned
actually caused a stalemate, and impeded my progress.

So, now I can happily say that I am sticking with AYP only now,and back on track!

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  12:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

My son (4.7 now) told me something similar last week. That its like a flock of little snakes rushing with speed towards a bright light.

Manigma,

Is a Rishi incarnated in your daughter's body?

It may only be 'scenery' but that is true sign, no question.

-Kev
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  01:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my own experience in ajna chakra is more like ants walking
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000