Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 I got snipped today!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  5:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Well I went ahaed and did. I had my Vasectomy this morning at 11. It was intereseting joking with the lovely nurse while I am lying on a table draped with cloth with only my "parts" exposed. she said taht I was the most relaxed patient she had seen in a long time. While it was going on though I wanted it to be over done. I feel liek my cool started to fade and I felt faint. After it was over and I was dressed and on teh way home I felt elated! i was supposed to have someone drive me home but my ride had to go to work so i drove myself the hour home.
i did feel a deep release of some sort in my butt and also the base of my neck. felt liek a grip released some. Too soon to tell how it will effect yoga but at the moment I feel clear eyed and good.
Cooincidentally teh finalization notice of my divorce arrived at the moment that I was getting snipped. It woudl seem strange except that little synchronicities like that are very commonplace in my surreal life. Feeling pretty good so far anyway.

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  9:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, Victor! How are you feeling the day after? I went with a dear friend of mine when he had a vasectomy, and although I almost fainted, he had no problem with the operation. The next day was quite painful, tho. Hope you're doing well.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  10:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel really good today, Meg!
Once I got the wadded coton out of my shorts and took a look I could barely see the incision spot. I put a band aid on it and felt pretty good.
Took the day off from work and puttered around teh house and around town. I did both of my usual AYP sitting practices as well as headstand, shoulderstand, upavistha Konasana and supta visrasana. The odd thing is that the postures felt *better* than usual and teh sitting practice was really enjoyable with lots of good energy flow. Also been having unexpected moments of spontaneous joy. I wonder if its possible to have a therapeutic vasectomy?
The only explanation that I can come up with has to do with a hernia operation that I had at about 7 years old. Its possible that the operation might have tangled up one of my vas because I could feel a very definite release when the doctor did the cut *only on the left side* and I have had mysterious left side problems my whole life. I beleive in synchronicities as they are so frequent in my life so who knows?
Anyway, it feels really good today so, so far so good!
Go to Top of Page

noche

Colombia
16 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  10:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit noche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so, after all this time, would you recomend it?

in lakĀ“ech
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wel Noche, its hard to say. I don't feel that it has hurt me to be snipped. my sexual drives and cycles are not changed very much though I don't seem to feel as much craving for release as I used to. The drain when I do ejaculate is the same though. Otherwise my body feels balanced and good, no complaints. It is still a little soon to tell about sexual activity because I have not been sexually active since the vasectomy as the person taht I am interested in lives far away. I do have soem regret about not being able to have children again but it is not a bad regretm just something that i think on sometimes. All in all can't give you a strong answer but will see with time.
I do have to say however that if i was involved in an active monogamous sexual relationship I would be very grateful to not worry about contraceptives and accidents!
Go to Top of Page

noche

Colombia
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  9:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit noche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think that this decission destroys further spiritual development in this life. is like cutting the electric plug from your computer, and still wantong it to do thy work... but please, correct me if wrong. i hope to be wrong is just a felling.how have yoe feel allthis time?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  9:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Saying something destroys spiritual development is kind of....laughable to me. The strongest thing, in my experience, is changing your mindset to something more compassionate and peaceful. That is stronger than any advanced yoga practice.

We don't need our reproductive system for that.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  01:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well, i would have to strongly disagree noche. now its been almost a year and I can say that energetically the vasectomy felt basically neutral. There are some changes but as long as the ability to reproduce is not the measure of spiritual development I would have to say that the effects have been minor for the most part and yoga practice and meditation is doing just fine. I do seem to have a slightly less urgent sex drive and a bit less sex distraction in general but everything works fine and overall I feel very good.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  03:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by noche

i think that this decission destroys further spiritual development in this life. is like cutting the electric plug from your computer, and still wantong it to do thy work... but please, correct me if wrong. i hope to be wrong is just a felling.how have yoe feel allthis time?

Hi noche,

I had a vasectomy back in 1999.
So that would mean that I haven't developed further on the spiritual path
since then. Well, you don't know me personally and therefore can't
compare what I was back then and what I am now.
You can only take my word on this: I have developed and I intend
to develop further

L&L
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2006 :  02:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgang

Hi noche,

I had a vasectomy back in 1999.
So that would mean that I haven't developed further on the spiritual path
since then. Well, you don't know me personally and therefore can't
compare what I was back then and what I am now.
You can only take my word on this: I have developed and I intend
to develop further

L&L
Wolfgang
[/quote]

Hi All,

Had mine in 1998.

Far as I can tell, hasn't slowed me down even the tiniest bit.

Reading the Wikipedia entry for "Vasectomy", at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasectomy should help shed some light as to why, exactly, this is the case.

Essentially, as many of us involved with AYP know at least a little about (either "academically", or via personal experience), our neurophysiology becomes spiritualized / more highly evolved, as we advance yogically.

Sexual essence (seemingly largely connected with the endocrine system - glandular / hormonal secretions and related biological processes) is clearly a key part of this yogic evolution, and it is therefore important to note:

Vasectomy does not decrease the production of any related hormones or substances, nor does it change any processes (with one minor exception, mentioned below).

Basically, all that a vasectomy accomplishes, is to close off the route that the sperm take to exit the body, via the penis. "Said sperm", having (literally) no place to go, are reabsorbed into the body, automatically.

So, in that sense, having a vasectomy may actually offer a bit of an advantage, yogically (emphasis on "a bit" - the sperm itself does not necessarily contain the majority of "sexual essence", and if a man continues to ejaculate regularly, he will likely find a similar energetic depletion, whether or not he has had a vasectomy - which has been my experience.)

In recent months, I have started to feel a drawing up of sexual energy into other areas of my body - primarily my tongue and head; if I have a non-ejaculatory orgasm (almost always the case these days), and consciously draw the energy up (ditto) - I literally get a physical secretion in my mouth, and a sense of tangible energy enhancement, overall.

And, again, having a vasectomy certainly hasn't seemed to detract from that process. Granted, I have nothing to compare it to --- but in general, the "conversion of sexual energy" seems to be occurring more quickly and more powerfully than I could have hoped for - so no complaints, and no regrets, here.

Hope that's helpful!

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

PS - And, needless to say, being less concerned about helping to create an unintended pregnancy has made a vas deferens in my sex life!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000