Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Siddhasana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nayarb

Colombia
4 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  3:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I have a few questions regarding Siddhasana. It was stated in the lessons that the Perineum is between the Anus and the scrotum. Does this mean halfway between, nearer the scrotum etc?

Once I locate this spot, sometimes called the P spot, is this area sensative to the touch or should I feel any sensation there at all?

During Siddhasana, I sit on a small rubber ball as my joints are a little stiff but I don't feel any sensation at all, is this correct? Is it just the fact that pressure applied to the Perineum activates the sexual energy?

Many thanks for your help,
Nayarb

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  4:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To locate the spot, just experiment with the most comfortable I have a good wriggle on my heel to get comfortable, after a while you will know where the right place is.

I didn't and don't have any sensitivity there. When I started I did get a bit a bit of arousal, but that was after about 10 minutes of sitting in it. After a few sessions it calmed down. Now I don't get much from it. Sometimes I get a very strong heart beat there. You don't want to be aroused through your sessions anyway, as they are very bad for concentration. Once you get the ecstatic conductivity going it all makes sense and it is much better, more refined. The mudras and bandhas all link together. I have to sit in siddhasana, it just doesn't feel right without it.

Just stick with it, it will be activating your sexual energy to go up.

Are you stable wih mulabandha and sambhavi?

Edited by - woosa on May 02 2010 4:30:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nayarb

Colombia
4 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  10:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Wooza,
Thanks for the reply, my mulabandha and sambhavi are going well, although I need to re apply the mulabandha every so often. I have not got to the stage where I can hold it naturally or without thinking, I suppose that comes with practice?

I enjoy my daily practices, it means a lot to me. I look forward to the rewards thereof.

Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  01:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Halfway between is a fine starting spot, but eventually, just do whatever feels right.

I've only tried siddhasana a few times to test the waters. And each time it's been too much energy for me to be comfortable. Not everybody has immediate energetic effects from practices. It could have a delayed effect. I agree that once ecstatic conductivity is present, you should be able to feel at least something. Do you feel ecstatic conductivity from spinal breathing and mulabandha/sambhavi?

The pressure on the perineum is a direct pressure on the spinal nerve. It's that pressure that is the key for the energy, and so it is fine to sit on a rubber ball (rolled up sock is the best for me).

For mulabandha, it's fine for it to come and go whenever it feels appropriate.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000