Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What do You See?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  08:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a question - What do you / What can you / "see" when your third eye is open?

Yogani talks of seeing the end of the spinal nerve (the star) and introvertion of the senses. I'm not altogether sure what the latter involves. I am looking for "guide-lines" to understand if my third eye is opened or not. I've realised I may not know the symptons and looking for "the star"

Adi

India
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  02:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think what you see cannot be described but felt or experienced
Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  04:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

I have a question - What do you / What can you / "see" when your third eye is open?

Yogani talks of seeing the end of the spinal nerve (the star) and introvertion of the senses. I'm not altogether sure what the latter involves. I am looking for "guide-lines" to understand if my third eye is opened or not. I've realised I may not know the symptons and looking for "the star"

Hi SeySorciere..the third eye is agnya..over there,the left/right (yin-yang) channels cross..along with the middle sushuma.
The third eye is opening in the gross level is having visions of light,star..etc..and visions of deities...as on the subtler level,you can see the past and future(..as image,not thought)of anybody.
On the advanced levels the thoughts stop,the mind stops,the breathing stops..only pure joy remains,and you pass on sahasrara,which includes all the chakras.
Third eye is the key to magik,projections..and also liberation from the past/future ki channels(left and right)
Do not concern yourself with ,,seeing,, anything..because if you do,you're still on the gross levels,and not there.
Silence,peace...is the symptom ..along with yawning and a feeling of extreme tiredness when the left/right channels burn on agnya,supported by sushuma...in meditation.
If the tiredness occur,and yawning ..then know you're on the right path,and don't be scared...rest a bit..then do meditation right after you wake up.(I added this because someone asked about yawning in some post..hope I got the point..is beginner level)
On the religion sense,the third eye is what Jesus said..forgive everyone and let go..(as let go of the stuff from left/right past/future thoughts in meditation) and love everybody as yourself(as their true self is also you..the sushuma nadhi is not personal,is one with everything)
Hope that helps..kisses
love,danny:)
ps..I had big problems with seeing the future,and getting angry with people without their knowing why I did it..and not being able to explain..till I understood more about it.The powers one develops are unbeliaveble..and best used for healing and comforting others.On the other token..if you are nice(since you see their future)...you'll loose your patience and you tend to admonish them,since you'll feel their present/future suffering..and they have no idea of it....(and by doing that..you'll get banned also from forums)..The key is sahasrara..but that's other topic...kisses:)

Edited by - Smileyogi on Apr 23 2010 07:10:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  03:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your kind response - it helps gain perspective Smileyogi

I have stopped trying to figure out what I should be "seeing" and just cruising with my daily meditation sessions. Que sera, sera (what will be will be)

Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  07:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great response Smileyogi. So, if I understood you correctly, an active agnya chakra means a lot of heavy duty purification is going on. Is that correct?
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorciere,

My brow region has been opening over the last few months. I've had no visions associated with it. It began with an occasional "tapping" or "pulsing" at the brow. Later I experienced what felt like a seam opening up from the tip of my nose up to my brow, as if my face were literally splitting open. Cool, soothing energy was associated with this. Later still, I experienced various levels of "melting" when it feels like blocks of ice are cracking open and the little pieces that have cracked off are melting and sliding down my face. It is associated with a warm feeling and a minor painful "breaking off" feeling (like a pin prick), following by a cool, soothing ecstasy as it melts away. And this would happen in my whole upper facial region. And in general, I have felt this "cool breeze" feeling in my brow at times throughout the day and meditation. Like a nice cool breeze on a hot day. Then there is the unmistakable "root to brow" connection that has begun over the same time period, like a column of ecstatic energy. At first, the root area lights up and the energy travels up to light up the brow. Later, the brow area would be active, and move to the root.

That's how I experience it so far :) You are wise to just cruise with it. It does what it does whenever it does it.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  03:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH

Hi SeySorciere,

Later I experienced what felt like a seam opening up from the tip of my nose up to my brow,

This I have experienced too. No visions either, but sometimes I think I see spirits from the corner of my eye e.g. there is a small bridge over a stream I cross everyday on my way to work. There is a lady, chin resting on her hand like deep in thoughts, who sits on a rock in the stream. She is not there if I look directly at her.

The column of ecstatic energy from root always go straight to my crown opening and not to my third eye.

Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  05:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Great response Smileyogi. So, if I understood you correctly, an active agnya chakra means a lot of heavy duty purification is going on. Is that correct?

Right..but be aware that concentrating on the upper chakras will draw ki there..and if the lower chakras are not clear enough,you'll get headaches,or visions,or whatever on the agnya level,since the channels split over there on the left/right brain hemispheres,and touch the optic/auditive nerves...depending on your karmik setup.
The key to agnya is totally let go(forgive any thought or manifestation,and that includes forgiving yourself for having those)
That's why the buddhists mostly stay on the nabhi(belly) area.Because ki will just push up little by little.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  12:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In general I believe there are two different things going on in the third eye region.

One is clairvoyance, important for magick

The other is the "star", important to dissolve the physical body into light (my current theory)

Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  02:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH

Hi SeySorciere,

My brow region has been opening over the last few months. I've had no visions associated with it.

Visions are a factor of your subconscious makeup,and that is connected with the collective subconscious in the culture you're born..in other words,if you are a muslim,you'll never see Jesus.You'll see exactly what your subconscious projects.I you don't see,that's very good...but if you do,don't confuse the messenger with the message.Actually..some advanced beings love to help during the dreams,but they will adopt certain form you could understand,using your very projections.

quote:
It began with an occasional "tapping" or "pulsing" at the brow. Later I experienced what felt like a seam opening up from the tip of my nose up to my brow, as if my face were literally splitting open. Cool, soothing energy was associated with this. Later still, I experienced various levels of "melting" when it feels like blocks of ice are cracking open and the little pieces that have cracked off are melting and sliding down my face. It is associated with a warm feeling and a minor painful "breaking off" feeling (like a pin prick), following by a cool, soothing ecstasy as it melts away. And this would happen in my whole upper facial region. And in general, I have felt this "cool breeze" feeling in my brow at times throughout the day and meditation. Like a nice cool breeze on a hot day.

right..the cool breeze is the aftermath of kundalini burning the junk over there..it's the pre-samadhi stage.If you stay with attention on it,and (careful..) let go of thoughts NOT AS blocking but allowing,and seeing,and let go..that cool breeze will expend.Have you felt that in your hands too?...because is the major part in the sahaja yoga(in which I consider myself an expert)
ps..due to my deep respect for the members,I am not projecting subtle bodies of the people here,(or check their chakras levels..trust me)unless there is some actual need for healing aspects...all I get is from your words.

Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  9:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Danny,

No cool breeze in the hands so far. Brow, face, and in the last week or so, crown.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine_83

USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  10:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just registered to the forum but I have been following the AYP forums for a while. I am interested in what kind of practices did you do in order to open the third eye? I know it is a little bit off the topic but I am just curios.

Are you also working on lower chakras in order to balance yourselves. As Smileyogi mentions, too much focus on the upper chakras will bring a lot of ki there which may result in unpleasant experiences. Are you also working with some meridians? Wow I have many questions.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  12:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sunshine83,

I've done the AYP practices as described in the lessons. I can sense chakras and nadis and meridians as the energy flows. It can certainly be felt. I regard the chakras, meridians, and energy experiences within the context of a never ending stream of scenery alongside the road of increasing awareness (as advised in the lessons). It's nice to look out the window or even stop for a while to admire the beauty of it, but then I get back in the car and keep going with my eyes on the road. And the road is the practices. Deep meditation and spinal breathing for me. I was doing samyama and mulabandha/sambhavi for a while, but have recently backed off following some painful energy at the crown. The spinal breathing between root and brow opens the spinal nerve in general. As this super highway of the nervous system opens, the energy balances itself naturally. I'm finding it more and more silly to think I can manipulate the energy myself. It is so much more than me. It does what it does, like it always has, and I gradually become more aware of it using these practices.

That was a long answer to say "I did the AYP lessons" in whatever context they made sense to me at the time. It has been about 6 months now. Welcome to the forums!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine_83

USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  11:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH,

Thank you for your reply! I will go back and read the recommended lessons. I am also practicing meditation but I am doing mainly observation of the thoughts and feelings. Actually I think I should learn how to direct the energy. I would not use the word manipulate but why not working with the energy and not only observing it. Anyway this seems to be a new topic for the forum.

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  02:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunshine_83

I just registered to the forum but I have been following the AYP forums for a while. I am interested in what kind of practices did you do in order to open the third eye? I know it is a little bit off the topic but I am just curios.

Are you also working on lower chakras in order to balance yourselves. As Smileyogi mentions, too much focus on the upper chakras will bring a lot of ki there which may result in unpleasant experiences. Are you also working with some meridians? Wow I have many questions.

Right,Sunshine...the reason is the ki pressing up on agnya chakra..that is the narrow gate Jesus spoke about,where you must squeeze all your past/future thoughts,and let them go...because on agnya the moon ki channel..the past(left side) and the sun ki channel..the future(right side of body) intersect.
You let go by watching them,not blocking them...and forgive them(like Jesus on the cross)and enter samadhi of bliss and emptiness.
Then you pass on sahasrara,which IS NOT a chakra,but more like includes ALL the chakras in the body..all are projected there,on your scalp..so that's why concentrating on sahasrara directly with no transmission from some advanced being will not work..it will be like trying to purify all the chakras in one shot..see what I mean..Sunshine?
But I feel beauty in you,and I think you know what I mean..here..I have a song for you..kisses:)
love,danny
http://kriptodanny.blogspot.com/200...gainfor.html
Please see the beauty of this video...EVEN though it talks about ,,walking on sunshine,,...you must remember that YOU are the sunshine.
Thus spokenth the mahayogi.
Kisses..
Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads
Go to Top of Page

sunshine_83

USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  10:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Smileyogi, thank you for your deep answer. I understand what you mean!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000