Out of Body Experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  05:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I think I could greatly benefit from having a daily routine!

I'd say so

Anyway, all the best, and keep us posted!
Go to Top of Page

Rishi

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  9:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings,

I continue to be fascinated by the wide range of topics that I keep on discovering in this forum. Thanks to all for the postings !

Jourmy , my recent out of the body experiences are quite similar to yours. I get up, usually in the middle of the night sitting on the edge of the bed. There is a light feeling and the room looks darker than usual. I notice in these occasions that I cannot feel my legs touching the floor – which usually snaps me back.

My first out of the body experience happed when I was eighteen after I started experimenting with paranormal. They continued for a few years and stopped after I stopped my experiments. The highlight of those experiences was the feeling of naked terror I felt when I realized that weird feeling of consciousness without a body form. When I could eventually fight the feeling of terror I could see the objects in my room (posters, pictures and all) – and on one occasion my sleeping form lying on the bed.

The experiences started again a few years ago. This time the feeling of terror was not there – I don’t try to resist these experiences. Neither do I look forward to these experiences. But hearing Tibetan Ice’s experiences I am wondering if I should reconsider the looking forward part

Author Richard Bach of Jonathan Livingstone Seagull fame – which BTW I would recommend to everyone, talks about astral projection in his book Bridge Across Forever where he and his soulmate float among the clouds through voluntary astral projections. He mentions about a “silver chord” that attaches the astral body with the physical body. This perhaps answers your question about another spirit taking over the body, Manigma.

I do agree that my spiritual quest can be better focused exploring the same realm through deep meditation.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  05:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After reading the Robert Monroe "Out-of-the body Journeys" about two weeks ago, I've been "practicing" regularly. I am a little confuse on the technique to get into higher vibrations; the book says breath in and out thru' your mouth rapidly - I am not sure for how long, plus this has a tendency of just making me dizzy and giving me a head-ache. I usually find myself vibrating with a higher frequency after my daily SB & YMK &DM session; but that I feel is due to retention of breath rather than over-breathing. So I go it that way instead of the Monroe recommended way. I succeeded once.
After my evening meditation session I did not rest but layed down, corpse pose, in bed. I was on the brink of falling asleep or did fell asleep for a moment but the next thing I know I am hanging on for dear life to the edge of the matress, a strong current tugging at me. Infront of me, just visible in the dark, my room as is, the window, my bed, my body on the bed. I glance over my shoulder and where the east-facing bedroom wall should have, I see a field /meadow with hills and a forest bathed in day-light. I felt that if I let go I would snap straight into that place. I got scared and scrambled back into my body. I have not been able to get out again. Still trying.
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  02:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

@YogaIsLife

do your AYP practice and push a little bit the part of SBP and of YMK. After the session, lay down in corpse position in your bed. Cover the body and let it be comfortable. Stop moving physically and relax into the body for an indefinite timing (till it happens).

If a good degree of witnessing is already present and mother kundalini is a bit more active, after about 20-60 minutes not doing anything you can switch over to astral consiousness. It happened for me many hundred times and gave some good insights.

But you will find out very fast, that the astral sphere is highly appealing and attracting and in fact just another sphere. Much more responsive to your wishes, much more fluid, much more time/space games. If you can resist and stay in your bed even though you are astrally consious, it can deepen to more refined spheres till you land in pure bliss being.

With a male body, my penis is always errect when the switch happens and the energy flows from there up the spine and back and does his own game. Sometimes if the sexual energy gets too high I have to do a very strong mula bandha to not ejaculate which happend a lot in the early happenings (without a single physical movement)some years ago. Don't know how this is for a female body.

I'm not sure, but it feels like the body is not breathing while this happens. It is reproducable and the formula is always like that:

Good amount of witness + a lot of kunda action + laying down doing nothing, like going to sleep, complete let go.

Downsides, it eats a lot of time and brings a lot of instability. And you are most probably here to live with a physical dominant reality. Do your research, but not in trade off with stable twice daily practice. One can see how IAM works fore example and why SBP is one of the best pranayams. So yeah, one can do AYP practice while being in the astral body too. But it is not very easy because of the immense responsiveness.

The physiology of this, is very close to what you say.

In fact, the entire brain mechanism of samahdi depends upon an overstimulation
of part of the brain, and an understimulation of the parts of the brain which
cause localization of the sense of self in flesh. In fact, samahdi is not some
great indicator of holiness, it is a mundane skill to be learned. Only when
the energy completely overwhelms is samadhi involuntary. Of course WHERE your
samahdi leads you (through which aperature) is another matter entirely.

I am not demeaning the experience, I am explaining it.

When you lay down in the corpse pose, with all that kundalini activity,
you are in fact entering the first stages of sleep.

Contrary to popular belief, in sleep one module turns off at a time, not
all of them at once or even in close temporal proximity.

In fact it's your intent, that turns off the localization modules in the human
brain, while retaining the witness mode; the kundalini, if it is healthy,
flows in the proper direction and entrains the awareness towards an aperature.

I hope I explained this succinctly. Somtimes I get sloppy when I type
at full speed without thinking in words.

Regards,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

anita

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  08:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had some out of body experiences while doing trance work at the Monroe Institute in Virginia. Very interesting to see where really deep meditation/trance work can take you. It was years ago but I think the Monroe Institute (founded by Robert Monroe, whose books someone else mentioned) still does the seminars, they are very good. They have a website. You are more than your body.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  03:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all,
I have just spotted this thread again and thought I'd give feedback after a year since I first posted. I pursued OBEs and astral travel actively and have had some success. I LOVE IT! My first reaction whenever I'm "out" is over-excitement... which often zaps me right back into my body. I feel like a dog who has been released after being tied down a couple of days. I go wild - swirling, shooting off into space and back down at lightning speed, laughing in pure delight. I usually end up lost this way. After I've calmed down enough to try and state a destination, I no longer know where I am. I have experienced very conscious exit and re-entry, slow and controlled, marveling at my new body.
I am frustrated, however, that I still can't do it at will and it takes so long.. over an hour, of lying still and/or some rope-climbing (Robert Bruce Method)

Voila !

Seysorciere
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  05:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere
My first reaction whenever I'm "out" is over-excitement... which often zaps me right back into my body.

Yes, a dream ends the same way too. Over-excitement, over-fear or over-suspicion would immediately bring us out from the dream and we find ourselves safe on our beds.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2019 :  01:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, 9 years down the line. How do you get out of your body when you are no longer in your body? It’s a question that puzzled me for years. After about two years 2010 - 2011 of exploring OBEs and astral journeys , I lost interest in the whole thing. In later years , when once in a while, I would wish to “get out of my body” , I found I no longer knew how. I was no longer in my body but my body in me. So how to I access the astral? I still did at times but with no control, no Will, No sense of journeying, just sudden awareness of a different realm .
More years went by and I came to see that the astral too is within me. But still, how do I access specific places? Times?
Then, last night I had an experience. I have been “keeping an eye” on a young nephew who has just discovered the “fun” of marijuana and journeying. Except he doesn’t seem to be having fun... lower world entities and such resulting in psychotic episodes. So he was “somewhere” riding an eagle, when I popped out beside him, traveling at great speed. He happily called out to me, then grabbed and pull me into the eagle with him. I felt my sight adjust to the eagle’s sight. For a moment all three were one. Then something within me felt that this was not right and I pull out and sat up. I don’t expect everyone to believe this story and think I was dreaming.

My point, you pop into places. Which is logical... don’t know why I didn’t see it before. That does not mean I now know how to do it at Will or how choose a specific location.

The wonders of our mind !

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2019 :  06:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your update SeySorciere! Just yesterday I was thinking about the subject and today this thread pops up
Go to Top of Page

CAA

Belize
15 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2019 :  11:31:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These OBE's started happening to me a few years ago at night ( i wasn't looking for it to happen they just started) and lasted of and on for 6-8 months.. Its been a year since its happened. I guess if i tried to make them happen i could but i don't try really, although i find them very fascinating! Maybe as mediation progresses it will be like Tibetan ice and Holy speak of? Sounds fun!
Go to Top of Page

CAA

Belize
15 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2019 :  11:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also for those interested, the Frank Kepple resource is available online, just google his name. His experience with this subject is amazing to read about lots of his personal experiences and assistance for those who need help.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2019 :  2:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had been interested in this stuff awhile ago and was particularly interested in "proving" it was real to myself. I had my daughter place a random magazine on a random page on top of the bookshelf well above eye level. If I was able to leave my body and document what page the magazine was open to I would have definitive proof this is real. Unfortunately I have not been able to achieve this and found it was disrupting my sleep too much or taking too much time otherwise. Anyone do any experiments that "proved" they had left their body? After reading a number of the books can anyone recommend just one book to read that works most closely with the AYP practices?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000