New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  12:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear all,

I would like to share with you my first out-of-body experience and loved to hear your comments

Last Friday evenng, I went to listen to a talk given by a German Lady who is marketing a seminar called "A Path To Light"; as the cost to follow this seminar is pretty high, I thought I would hear a talk about it first. She started with a meditation session of 45 mins. It was guided meditation centred on the heart; my first experience of such. Having a good depth of abiding inner silence, I immediately slipped into deep silence as soon as I closed my eyes and could concentrate purely on her voice and instructions in an easy and relaxed manner. She started with asking you to feel your heart fill with Love; then scanned your body with the Love, then move the Love outwards towards your neighbour. We were about 10 persons sitting in a circle. Towards the end of the session, she said - Now see how far you can extend your Love

With the first breath, I pulsated my Love energy in concentric circles (I must say, it was just energy and not really an outpour of divine Love, which I have experienced a couple of times before) to cover the room. Second breath, I pulsated and covered beyond the mountains outside. Third breath, the island. Then I instinctively gathered energy from the others, intending to cover the world. I released and I hear a loud crack, like an electric spark, and the next thing I know, I am spinning into space. I am just a light or I am following a light. I look back and I see my body collapse on my chair, sobbing (but I can't see the room nor the others, just me on the chair, very far away). I hesitate between going forward and going back, slowing down. Then I hear her voice asking if I'm ok and she closes my crown chakra with her hands and I am back in my body.

It was my first out-of-body experience. It happened in seconds - wish I had had more time to explore and orient myself. Hmm.. maybe next time.

I felt deep peace for the rest of the evening

Awesome !

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  03:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Great experience.

The drop is falling back into the ocean.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  8:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Seysorciere,

Honestly I'm not a big fan of getting these experience under the palm of another person. But as long as you feel great afterward, then it's probably a very positive experience.

Ps, Tama mentions a tip from his qigong teacher: you will come back if you touch your body when you are out of it. For your reference in case you travel out by yourself next time:)

Edited by - Pheel on Mar 08 2010 8:09:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  8:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sey,

Wow, i am happy for you! One of my favorite things in Life itself!...AND probably something i need to let go of, as well!

Ah well......

Smiles
Rael
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  12:26:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Philaboston - thanks for the tip ! I don't think the Lady's purpose was to enable astral traveling. She was just doing a regular, meditation session. I do want to try again on my own (although I doubt the same method will work twice! Just one of those things that happpen once and you can't reproduce)

Thanks all

SeySorciere

Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  10:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey!

It can definitely be reproduced, but possibly not as easily and spontaneously in the same situation. Just reading about it and getting excited about it can cause it to happen!

Happy Flying!

Rael
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  11:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice experience SeySorciere. I am getting interested in out-of-body experiences myself, after reading/hearing accounts of near death experiences and other types of experiences where people see their own body and the room/people/situation clearly. A quite straightforward way to knowing for sure one is not one's body hein? :)

So, following from that, Rael - what book(s) could you recommend to get you inspired? I like stories of people who were not actively pursuing that experience but happened to them anyway (like near death experiences), not so much "technical" manuals. Thanks much!

P.S.: Not that my main aim in life and Yoga in general is to fly around outside my body, it is just a particular interest I have at the moment - like a hobby or a science project. Why not?!
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  1:37:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you should definately read the books by Robert Monroe, probably in the order written. Reading his first book prompted my first out of body experience.

Journeys Out of the Body (1971) ISBN 0-385-00861-9
Far Journeys (1985) ISBN 0-385-23182-2
Ultimate Journey (1994) ISBN 0-385-47208-0
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  1:49:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've gotten to the age where I view astral stuff as a distraction and time waster...but for you younger guys, your mileage may vary ;)

That being said, Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics is about as good as it gets :)

http://www.amazon.com/Astral-Dynami...60520&sr=8-2
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  2:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@YogaIsLife

do your AYP practice and push a little bit the part of SBP and of YMK. After the session, lay down in corpse position in your bed. Cover the body and let it be comfortable. Stop moving physically and relax into the body for an indefinite timing (till it happens).

If a good degree of witnessing is already present and mother kundalini is a bit more active, after about 20-60 minutes not doing anything you can switch over to astral consiousness. It happened for me many hundred times and gave some good insights.

But you will find out very fast, that the astral sphere is highly appealing and attracting and in fact just another sphere. Much more responsive to your wishes, much more fluid, much more time/space games. If you can resist and stay in your bed even though you are astrally consious, it can deepen to more refined spheres till you land in pure bliss being.

With a male body, my penis is always errect when the switch happens and the energy flows from there up the spine and back and does his own game. Sometimes if the sexual energy gets too high I have to do a very strong mula bandha to not ejaculate which happend a lot in the early happenings (without a single physical movement)some years ago. Don't know how this is for a female body.

I'm not sure, but it feels like the body is not breathing while this happens. It is reproducable and the formula is always like that:

Good amount of witness + a lot of kunda action + laying down doing nothing, like going to sleep, complete let go.

Downsides, it eats a lot of time and brings a lot of instability. And you are most probably here to live with a physical dominant reality. Do your research, but not in trade off with stable twice daily practice. One can see how IAM works fore example and why SBP is one of the best pranayams. So yeah, one can do AYP practice while being in the astral body too. But it is not very easy because of the immense responsiveness.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  2:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for all the feedback

Yes, I know it is just "fun and games" but, like Holy said, can give good insights. At least I am curious. It does not lead to liberation, of that I am sure. Only one thing does, and it is not astral projecting that will do it :D

Anyway, as a scientist , and realising that it is possible, what I would really like to experience is a confirmation, like hearing some one else's conversation in another room, or somethign like that. People with near death experiences had that often. Pretty intriguing, and gives you the clear sense that you are not confined to the body.

Thanks tomllee and wigswest for the book refs. For the moment I got Graham Dack "The Out of Body Experience" from the Library. Should be good.

What did you guys learn from being "out there"?
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  4:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife
What did you guys learn from being "out there"?

You will have questions about ethics, like "should I ask for someone's permission before I 'spy on them'".

The colors are never identical to the colors on the earth plane. So if you see someone wearing a green shirt through astral vision, it might actually be red or blue in every day life.

Also, stay away from high voltage power lines. They will pull you in like a high powered magnet, trapping you there like flypaper.

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  9:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yoga

One fun way is to read Carlos Castaneda, starting with "The Teachings of Don Juan". Those used to pop me out and "Journeys out of the Body" and "Far Journeys" by the modern master, Robert Monroe! "Projection of the Astral Body" by Muldoon and Carrington" (great accounts and methods too!). "Otherwhere" by a student of Monroe.

Immerse yourself in this and Lucid Dreaming material: Lucid Dreaming books by LaBerge. "Creative Dreaming" also great....chapter on "Learning from Senoi Dreamers", fast and easy method and results! Rest of book great dream education and handbook. Patricia Garfield!

Let me know if you want more.

I'd love to hear how you do!

The easiest way is to get Monroe's Gateway Experience at a discount on Amazon. Wave 1 alone, can get you detaching from the body. He also published one that is just focused specifically on Astral release.

Hugs

Rael!

Nice experience SeySorciere. I am getting interested in out-of-body experiences myself, after reading/hearing accounts of near death experiences and other types of experiences where people see their own body and the room/people/situation clearly. A quite straightforward way to knowing for sure one is not one's body hein? :)

So, following from that, Rael - what book(s) could you recommend to get you inspired? I like stories of people who were not actively pursuing that experience but happened to them anyway (like near death experiences), not so much "technical" manuals. Thanks much!

P.S.: Not that my main aim in life and Yoga in general is to fly around outside my body, it is just a particular interest I have at the moment - like a hobby or a science project. Why not?!
[/quote]

Edited by - Rael on Mar 09 2010 9:30:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  11:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! More to read. Thanks guys. I definitely want to learn more. I will start with Holy's "easy" method.
Oh and do I need to worry about lower beings? I will not bring "someone" back with me when I get back into the body?? - I may have watched too many horror movies and completely misinformed but I thought I'd ask.

Edited by - SeySorciere on Mar 09 2010 11:25:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  03:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice
Also, stay away from high voltage power lines. They will pull you in like a high powered magnet, trapping you there like flypaper.

hahaha.. India is a good place for OBE/astral travel then. Here the power goes out every few hours. So if one gets trapped in the lines he need not worry too long.

Is there a possibility that while you are traveling outside your body, another spirit can take over your body or get attached to it?

How do we deal with that?

How far have you traveled? Another country, planet or NASA space station orbiting the earth? I am just curious.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  5:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Lower beings" will come and go. I had a lot of other beings encounter, but also a lot of human encounter, also with my family members in other rooms while they were more physically aware. My mum often noticed me being present, others did not so much.

After some time, you get to know directly, that you are untouched by everything. Whatever happens, nothing really happens to you.

I only remember one incident where some thing wanted to enter my body at night. I could domminate it back then. Another guy once sent some dark creation to take over (the astral body?) and there some intervention happened and brought me out of it. So if you don't believe in god and never had any direct experiences of omnipresent intelligence, astral experiences can bring you to a psychologist for sure. But if witnessing is present you don't have to worry.

If it happens at daylight, the vision is much more perfect, sharp and colours are highly vivid. If it happens at night, everything is like in a mud, vision is blurred etc.

I never left earth because of the immense fear that arose when leaving the orbit. At other times, I was in the middle of our solar system and then thoughts came together with fear, then a prayer and oneness-bliss made the transition very smooth back to the body. Many crazy things happen.

Once I was lost in another timespace reality and tried to find back to "my" body as the usual "intent and be back" did not work. Then after subjectively thousands of years of travelling through unending timespces "I" somehow managed to come back to the physical body and reality. This really "killed me" in some way. Psychological recovery from this took about 1-2 days. You get to know directly that this physical life you are in is really nothing. But also you have the oportunity to make the best of (enjoying) it.

Encounter with "higher beings" also happened here and there. The brighter the light, the clearer the vision, the more stable the happening, the higher the chance to have some "more special" encounter. In the end, as Yogani says, comes and goes.

Best insights happened during pranayama and meditation tests while being in the astral body. Concentration - meditation - samadhi happens with much less distraction and much much faster.

E.g. looking at the sun in whatever time/space you may be is very beautiful. If you look stadily, this goes over to meditation and a sort of sun-samadhi.

DM kills the astral scenery and brings you back to the physical body while at the same time being astrally aware. Then other astral things happen, IAM brings you back again and the process of karma-dissolving through DM becomes clearly visible. These were some the helpful insights.

Looking up at ajna kills the astral scenery too. But it is hard to resist the temptation to fly around and do whatever you like. Every wish comes true within seconds.

There is a lot of stuff, infinite distraction. One tip would be, don't subscribe agreements or anything like had. Some beings can offer you some kind of powers, better being who you are and letting everything else go.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:

hahaha.. India is a good place for OBE/astral travel then. Here the power goes out every few hours. So if one gets trapped in the lines he need not worry too long.

Is there a possibility that while you are traveling outside your body, another spirit can take over your body or get attached to it?

How do we deal with that?

How far have you traveled? Another country, planet or NASA space station orbiting the earth? I am just curious.

Hi Manigma,
When I would get trapped in power lines I would just freak out and would snap back into my body.

I've never had experiences of something trying to take over my body, not that I can recall. I have, however, flown down into a horrible plane where it is a sea of standing people in a hot dark red pit and if you fly too close to them, they grab you and hold you down. The harder you struggle to get free, more of them grab you and try to hold you down. Again, the only way I got out was to freak out and pop back in the body.

I've been many places. Eventually, like I was saying, the ethics of "spying" on people got to me. I really didn't want to invade anyone's privacy nor make them uncomfortable. A long time ago when I was projecting quite frequently, one evening I 'visited' a female classmate and watched her as she did homework on her bed. The next day in class I told her what she had been doing the night before, and even described what she was wearing. It totally freaked her out and she never spoke to me again! Perhaps she didn't believe my story and thought I was stalking her or something.. :(

I believe everyone astral travels unknowingly when they go to sleep. Some dreams are actually astral projections, it's just that we don't remember them or realize that that is what is happening at the time.

Also, like Holy is indicating, you don't really need to leave your body to turn on astral sight. If you get deep enough in meditation where you've entered the conscious sleep state, your astral faculties become accessible. You can also just make up a little astral body and send that anywhere you'd like to gather and send back impressions. You can even just stretch out a finger and send it somewhere.

Actually, I don't even have to do that. Sometimes I just think of someone and I get visual feedback instantaneously. Like just now, for example, after an unintentional lightening flash, I can see that you have a large bicycle with rounded handle bars at your place.. :)

I also believe that anyone who experiences unity consciousness has the ability to know any event that is taking place in reality without gimmicks or crutches. I think that as you progress along the path, these events will occur more frequently until at last you achieve stability.

:)
TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Mar 11 2010 03:14:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  04:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
When I would get trapped in power lines I would just freak out and would snap back into my body.

Yes, freak out. That makes sense. Whenever I have an unpleasant dream and I realise that I am dreaming, I struggle to get out from it. Similar to freaking out. And snap! out of the dream, back on the bed.

I don't mind anyone spying on me. In fact I know that I am being spied most of the time. I am used to it.

I have had interactions with these people in the past... many of them were foreigners. Its like hacking into one of the millions of online connected computers around the world.

Its fun but you soon realise this thing can't take you much far spiritually. Its a waste of precious time and energy.

I don't know at what time you got the flash about the Bicycle at my place. I do have several round handled ones outside my work place.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  05:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy
Some beings can offer you some kind of powers, better being who you are and letting everything else go.

You need to be really Holy to do that.

I know some people don't realise this soon and end sucked up.

Wonderful experiences. Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  04:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had an out of body experience when I was about 14. Picked up my Mums Carlos Castenada book which had a technique. You were supposed to ground a limb in a bowl of water first.

So, thinking it was just another load of spiritualist rubbish I experimented and forgot about the bowl of water. The upshot is that I had the sensation of being out of my body for a brief moment and it scared me, I definitely didn't like it, never tried it.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  1:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The upshot is that I had the sensation of being out of my body for a brief moment and it scared me, I definitely didn't like it, never tried it.

I also didn't like it. Why is that? The sensation of not feeling my body is scaring for me and I don't really understand why. Lots of people seem to love it!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  06:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
The upshot is that I had the sensation of being out of my body for a brief moment and it scared me, I definitely didn't like it, never tried it.

I also didn't like it. Why is that? The sensation of not feeling my body is scaring for me and I don't really understand why. Lots of people seem to love it!

I really felt completely isolated and even if it wasn't real, it cetainly seemed like it. It seemed like I couldn't get back. When you are young then that kind of experience and spontinaity is a lot to take in.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  3:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I understand very well Karl. To feel isolated, that describes it pretty well. I used to feel the same. Then I realised that it is the unknown that we fear. It's ignorance that breeds fear. If we stay calm, and try to remain objective, open and even with a kind of childish curiosity we will see that there is very little to fear but fear itself. Then it also helps a lot to read or talk with someone else who had similar experinces and maybe knows more about how it works. Like I said, it is lack of knowledge that creates fear...
Thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

joumy

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  10:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit joumy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can anyone share what it feels like when you come back into your body?

I think that I have had a spontaneous experiences recently but when I woke up, I still doubted whether or not I was dreaming. I remember waking up and looking at my alarm clock, it was 6:52 am, I got out of bed and walked across the room, and then suddenly I was waking up again in my bed and the time was 6:53! What made me think that it was not a dream is that the room looked exactly the same but it was kind of out of focus or hazy. And waking up was strange, it seemed like there was delay in between waking up and getting my eyes to open, and my heart was racing as if I had "jumped" into the bed.

I've heard people mention that when they get back, their feet kick. I've been awaken a few times because my feet kicked in my sleep, but that's usually when I have dreams where I was falling and about to hit the ground...

So that's why I'm curious to know what others have felt when they got back, it would help me differentiate if it's a dream or not!

Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  10:44:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I think that I have had a spontaneous experiences recently but when I woke up, I still doubted whether or not I was dreaming. I remember waking up and looking at my alarm clock, it was 6:52 am, I got out of bed and walked across the room, and then suddenly I was waking up again in my bed and the time was 6:53!

Hi journy, awesome!

Well, I am not experienced with this (maybe others are) but what you describe is totally similar to all the experiences I read about. Sorry I can't be of more help but that is it.

A question: do you meditate? What practices do you engage in?
Go to Top of Page

joumy

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  10:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit joumy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yoga,

I do meditate although not as regularly as I should! :-)
I recently found this site and I am looking forward to trying the deep meditation technique among other things. I think I could greatly benefit from having a daily routine!
Before that, I tried crystal meditation and about 2 months ago learned a meditation technique called Vipassana.

:-)
J
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000