New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  1:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ecdyonurus,

I really enjoyed reading your response too.

quote:
My knowledge of the philosophy called Kashmir Shaivism is shallow, but if we allow ourself to keep it very schematic we could consider that „Shiva“ and „Shakti“ of that philosophy are called „inner silence“ and „ecstatic conductivity“ in AYP, well, I can understand why you wrote that Kashmir Shaivism can be combined with AYP practices.

Likewise, I have just started dipping my toes, so my knowledge on Kashmir Shaivism is limited. Similar to AYP, Kashmir Shaivisim/ Tantra considers mind to be illuminated and divine. Creation is the dance between the Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine and the celebration of merging flesh with spirit.

quote:
Anyway, although I don’t know much about eastern philosophy and yoga systems, my feeling is that AYP is largely based on a tantric approach, despite the fact that Yogani seems to root his writings mainly in the Yoga sutras of Patanjali. I wrote „seems to root“ because this could be my distorted understanding of Yogani’s writings, of course

I really can’t speak for Yogani. I believe he has a lesson on this.

quote:
Concerning Roche’s book, I also find it brilliant and inspiring, and like you I also look at it as his personal - and very inspiring - interpretation oft he Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, not as a translation like a scholar would do.

Yes.I prefer to read interpretation by people who have walked this path like Roche and Yogani rather than a scholar. In the East, the Brahmins (priests) are well versed in the Vedas and recite them. But the big question is- Are they living that reality?My guess is- probably not the majority of them even though they are able to verbatim the Vedas.

quote:
But what I don’t understand is how you can combine this book with the AYP approach to meditation practice, because if I understood things well, the way the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra approaches meditation practice is very different from the AYP approach:
- The Vijnana Bhairava Tantra considers that each practitioner is different, and therefore each practitioner has to find his/her own meditation practice among the 112 radically different methods contained in the book. Roche’s approach goes even further, including meditation techniques that sound very „freestyle“.
- AYP adopted a single mantra meditation technique with a basic mantra for every practitioner and a very limited set of enhancements oft he basic mantra. The variable elements in the AYP approach to meditation are that each practitioner has to find the right duration of his/her meditation session and the right mantra enhancement (or just stay with the basic mantra).

What is your point of view on that aspect?

As I have mentioned before, I’m not even half way through the book so I cannot comment much.

I use the Radiance sutras as a source of inspiration and use AYP techniques. The energy that Roche writes about is the same energy that is felt after practicing AYP over four years. So, they complement each other and honestly the practices described overlap. As we know, Truth is simple and it’s the same. No matter who or how we describe it.

AYP offers the basic mantra, mantra enhancement and breath meditation. This is plenty for a dedicated practitioner to choose from and advance. I once heard that a man reached Self Realization by repeating rotten pumpkin all day (I don’t recommend this to anyone.) Faith, Patience, Dedication (Bhakti) is the main ingredients to walk this path.

quote:
By the way, I envy you for being able to read Devanagari…

Haha..Don’t be too envious. I’m not a scholar. I can understand simple words and may be read some sentences.

quote:
It’s snowing here, and I love the snowflake dance – it is vibrant and peaceful at the same time.

Sublime. I just took up dance along with my Asana practice so I can relate. I can’t find words to describe how the higher energies rejoice in being able to feel themselves in the body.

You know, I really like how you think. If I remember correctly, you are an engineer and I’m married to one. By nature, I’m laid back and don’t care too much for the little details as long as I’m enjoying the ride. It can be good and bad. Like everything, I believe it’s balance that creates harmony.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 10 2017 6:33:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000