AYP Helpers
 Amazon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  7:33:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
One thing everyone can do is to review the AYP and the Wilder books on amazon. That will help sales and just takes a couple of minutes.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2005 :  11:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yoda:

I wanted to say thank you for your wonderful Amazon reviews of the AYP books, and for encouraging others to do reviews also.

There is a new AYP book coming out in a few weeks called "Deep Meditation - Pathway to Personal Freedom," which is aimed much more at a mass audience than the first two books. There will be a series of concise primer books on individual practices like this to provide more doorways for the general public into the broad body of AYP knowledge. I hope to have four more of these instruction books out in 2006. And a few more in 2007.

You know, like you, I was a voracious reader when I first stumbled onto the spiritual path over 30 years ago. It did not take long to see that there was an acute shortage of written instructions on spiritual practices. As time went on, I also realized that the traditions, while each being strong in their area, were not offering a full range of practices covering every aspect of human spiritual transformation. So, besides there being a need for documenting practices, it became obvious that an integration of practices across the board was needed. Well, I first had to do the integration for myself, which took over 20 years of crossing boundaries and doing personal research – being my own guina pig. It worked.
(The Secrets of Wilder is a record of the sequence of discoveries, though much compressed in time, recast in events, and raised to the level of an epic "hero's journey," in the spirit of Joseph Campbell's work.)

A few years ago, I realized it would be a shame if all the research went into the well with me, and that it was time to write it down. So AYP was born. It has turned out to be a wonderful expansion on my own path –- an outpouring of divine love in service to others -- and I have been very happy to see many finding benefits in the writings.

As you know, I do not consider AYP to be the last word on yoga. I strongly encourage others to carry the exploration further in an open source way, so we can see yoga evolve into a real applied science in the mainstream of society. It is much needed. Then we will have done the right thing for present and future generations.

Wishing you all the best as you continue on your path. The next two decades ought to be at least as interesting for you as the first two.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2005 :  12:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There will be a series of concise primer books on individual practices like this to provide more doorways for the general public into the broad body of AYP knowledge.

I think one book on Tantra would bring lot of people

The reason many people fail in spirituality is that they try but make no attempt - Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2005 :  12:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near:

Yes, I agree about a tantra book ... From the last page of "Deep Meditation," which includes the schedule for 2006:

-----------------------
"...In the order published, his books include:

Advanced Yoga Practices – Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living
A large user-friendly textbook providing 240 detailed lessons on the AYP integrated system of advanced yoga practices.

The Secrets of Wilder – A Novel
The story of young Americans discovering and utilizing actual secret practices leading to human spiritual transformation.

The AYP Enlightenment Series
Easy-to-read instruction books on yoga practices, including:

--Deep Meditation – Pathway to Personal Freedom

--Spinal Breathing Pranayama – Journey to Inner Space
(Due out spring 2006)

--Tantra – Discovering the Power of Pre-Orgasmic Sex
(Due out spring 2006)

--Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas – Secrets of Inner Ecstasy
(Due out second half 2006)

--Samyama – Manifesting the Power of Inner Silence
(Due out second half 2006)

Additional AYP Enlightenment Series books are planned..."
-------------------

It will continue to be busy here!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

roberto128

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2005 :  7:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit roberto128's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one for the books....I ordered 2 AYP's from Amazon as gifts one was fine the other had an AYP cover and back but inside was volume 1 of the Four Ancient Books of Wales by William Skene.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2005 :  10:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Roberto:

Sorry to hear that. Let me know if you do not receive an immediate exchange on that from Amazon at no cost to you. If you don't, I will make sure you are sent the right book. It was obviously a printing error. Hopefully not a whole batch. I will alert the printer...

Thanks for reporting it.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

roberto128

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2005 :  11:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit roberto128's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani:
It would be a good idea to alert the printer. Amazon sends a replacement immediately so there is never a problem there. I was thinking to keep it (a sign from the cosmos) and reorder another, but after reading a few pages, i don't think i have the time this trip to wade through, and decipher the hidden meanings. Verrrrry slooooow read.
Rob

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2005 :  11:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Roberto:

I don't imagine there is much similarity between the ancient secrets of Wales and the ancient secrets of yoga, or, for that matter, the Secrets of Wilder. But who knows?

Anyway, they ought to go find their own cover.

The printer has been notified. Do let me know if there is any problem straightening this out on your end. I want it to be right for you, in every respect...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000