Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Bliss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  04:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I realise I have only been practicing DM for one month, but I did practice DM 4 years ago for several months and experienced bliss and ecstacy. When I restarted one month ago I experienced it again, but only briefly, and now I do not experience any bliss or ecstasy.

I have repeated all the early lessons and believe I am doing it correctly.

Also, my feet fall asleep and pillows and change of positions do not help.

Any suggestions on experiencing the bliss and ways to keep my feet from falling asleep?

Thanks,
nirmal

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  04:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nirmal and wellcome,

DM is a journey,a path full of many different scenaries.Sometimes the scenary is good,ecstatic,blissful...sometimes it is bad,painful....(and maybe is necessary to self pace)...
The best advice is a sentence that i learnt here in ayp and it says this: "do it like brushing your teeth".
The important thing are the results over the long term.Our progress over the long term.
That ecstasi and bliss comes here sometimes also,but it is not permanent.
What we are doing here is cleaning a nervous system full of obstructions.Many lifetimes of acummulated obstructions (and of spiritualñ practices also)...of course,this is a way of understanding it.Its not necesssary to believe in reencarnation.
Little by little,over the months and years of practice,that bliss and ecstasi becomes more permanent.I havent arrive there yet,but thats what happens.One day it becaomes 7 days per week 24 hour per day.Permanent.
Nirmal,give it a chance.Try it for a few months,or a month,with persistence,and see the advance after.This ayp system is really powerful when you take it seriously.
So,find your own pace and start with the practices.Just give it a chance.If you are longing for that bliss and joy,you can make it your ishta,and it will be the wings in your journey.

Al the best broth@r!

Edited by - miguel on Jun 28 2009 07:48:16 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000