New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  5:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if anyone knows Buddha Boy, he has realized the rainbow body (light/ethereal body) and i think there were several witnesses including his elder brother, there is also a video on youtube where the brother gives a description of it, i would be more than willing to dig it out and find it again. from my understanding the light body is composed of ether/5th element and can be used by any person who is good or evil. it is an elemental body and has a DIRECT impact on the physical body. Buddha Boy said himself that the human body is composed and interacts with the 5 elements. Ether can a have a direct impact on the physical body as yogis have been known to emit light from their flesh at various points of the body or the whole thing. it is nothing more than a siddhi where one gains mastery over ethereal light, and like i said, it can be used by a good person or bad.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  12:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The rainbow body is absolutely NOTHING like that.

LOLLL

I suggest you forget about the Buddha boy, and read "Approaching the Great Perfection"

You will learn the technical points of Dzogchen view (which Osel confuses as Essence Dzogchen lol), which will be applicable and practical to daily life.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 17 2009 1:30:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  1:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
u can keep thinking that, but dzogchen practice Yoga of the pure lights which is yoga of the 5 elements. it can be manipulated by anyone. in the vedas there are accounts of the battles of gods vs asuras/demons and the demons are described to have much more powerful siddhis than just an ethereal light body. im very aware of what the rainbow body is "The corporeal body of the realised Dzogchenpa which is now hallowed, returns to the pure primordial energetic essence-quality of the Five Pure Lights of the five elemental processes "

why would i forgot about buddha boy when he has been known to have alreday displayed several siddhis and settle for READING A BOOK?? buddha boy meditates 23&24 hrs a day, and i can put money on it that he has more time and expereince under his belt than whoever wrote that book. u are asking me to favor a book writer over an actual tibetan buddhist practioner who is a siddha?

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on Aug 17 2009 1:51:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  03:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Michael,

quote:
if anyone knows Buddha Boy, he has realized the rainbow body (light/ethereal body) and i think there were several witnesses including his elder brother, there is also a video on youtube where the brother gives a description of it, i would be more than willing to dig it out and find it again.

Please do.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  07:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks michaelangelo for references to Buddha Boy. What a beautiful being. A silent sage like this comes along only once in a generation, and reminds us all of the incomparable power of silence and renunciation.

I am reminded of Ramana Maharshi's 'audacious beauty', as a Catholic nun in a silent order once described it, on seeing his picture for the first time.

chinna

Edited by - chinna on Aug 18 2009 07:40:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alwayson, Contact David at Drikung Dzogchen Community Vermont. Purchase the Nyingthig Yashi transmission of the late Kunzang Dechen Lingpa Rinpoche. See disk Four of Five of the first set of DVDs.

I'm sorry, but I can't engage these debates any longer. I have to respect the wishes of the Dharma Protectors, and I have to be conscious not to allow the blessings to leak out.

Until you receive transmission from a qualified lineage holder, you may want to consider withholding your jabs on different teachings or views. The Dharma Protectors are very serious. You want to be careful.

The Nyingthig Yashi transmission is not cheap, but it's worth it. Trust me. There are many very valuable teachings there that you definitely want, secret practices never before disclosed.

Pray to Guru Rinpoche for blessings. Pray to Ekajati for protection. Have strong faith. Be humble. Love everyone. Don't neglect bodhichitta. This formula alone will benefit you a billion times more than all the books and techniques in the world.

Also: see this thread with advice from your idol Namdrol...
http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/in...ic=49423&hl=

I wish you all the blessings...

Ösel Rigpa Dorje

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 18 2009 11:25:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
michaelangelo7, Do you know to which lineage Ram Bahadur belongs? I have a sense that it is Nyingmapa, but I can't find the reference. I know he did tantric practices at one point, based on his comments about communicating with Kali and whatnot.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are advanced, especially with all this talk of a rainbow body being a great achievement, why are you asking which lineage buddha boy comes from? Don't you know by intuition?
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  11:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

If you are advanced, especially with all this talk of a rainbow body being a great achievement, why are you asking which lineage buddha boy comes from? Don't you know by intuition?

I'm not advanced. I don't have a Rainbow Body. My intuition says he's a Nyingmapa.
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  3:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
he practices vajrayana at the moment but trained at a sakya tradition school. he also practices Osel or yoga of the clear light based on the description of his light body.

heres the vid watch from 2:55-3:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQoxWQLSnCg

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on Aug 18 2009 3:47:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  4:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by michaelangelo7

he practices vajrayana at the moment but trained at a sakya tradition school. he also practices Osel or yoga of the clear light based on the description of his light body.

heres the vid watch from 2:55-3:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQoxWQLSnCg

I see. He was trained as a Sakya. Ösel Yoga is not a common term, and I think kind of embraces the whole Vajrayana path. But I think that means he practices tantra, not dzogchen. He works with the channels and winds.

That's perfect, because Alwayson is a devout Sakya.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  4:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just don't follow your sutra Mahamudra or dare to compare it to Longchenpa, whose main texts you don't understand, because they were never translated.

I bet you never heard of Longchenpa's ten knot thogal theory...

I follow the Mahasiddha teachings of the other three schools and the Buddha.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 18 2009 5:09:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  6:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the point of my posts is to make people realize that enlightenment and the rainbow body are not connected. enlightenment is just a generic term. the highest realization or epiphany a person should come to is that it does not matter what physical experiences u can get caught up in or what astral/ethereal/pranic expereinces u can be absorbed in, its about what u used your physical body and astral body for. is it for love/white path or for selfishness/black path? anyone can use/abuse the astral or pranic body and have many siddhis such as the rainbow/light body, but what is most important is that u persisted as love and used the siddhis u gain for healing and helping others, not harming or using them for fame/reputation/selfish gains.

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on Aug 18 2009 7:14:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  7:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While I agree you can use any siddhi for evil, you CANNOT use the rainbow body for evil because it is not merely a siddhi.

If you obtain the rainbow body, it means you properly gained full Buddhahood as a result of the wish to help inifinite sentient beings.

You have full omniscience, and full ability to teach the Dharma.

But above all, you have dissolved the body back into the natural state of the wisdom lights.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 18 2009 8:40:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  8:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

I just don't follow your sutra Mahamudra or dare to compare it to Longchenpa, whose main texts you don't understand, because they were never translated.

I bet you never heard of Longchenpa's ten knot thogal theory...

I follow the Mahasiddha teachings of the other three schools and the Buddha.

Now Now... Be nice. You're still the smartest guy in the room. Work on being the lovingest.

FYI, 1. Sutra Mahamudra, 2. Tantra Mahamudra, 3. Co-Emergent Mahamudra. All the Kagyu Lineages hold #3 very dear. #3 is the Nyingthig of the Kagyu Lamas.

I never said I understood the Nyingthig Yashi. I said I heard the transmission. The Lama said there is a section devoted to the essential practice. You don't have to believe me. See it for yourself.

All I can say is good for you, man. You totally get Togal. That's fantastic. Good luck with that.

PS You're right. I don't know Longchenpa's ten knot Togal theory. Theories don't interest me. Togal doesn't really interest me. I really don't see why it interests you. You can't apply it unless you go into retreat. For the busy professional in modern life, the blessings of White A with Bindu is much more efficient. Guru Yoga is the quickest way to get blessings, and with blessings the kadag and lundhrub comes automatic.

Do you know why lineage blessings arise?

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 18 2009 9:12:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  9:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

While I agree you can use any siddhi for evil, you CANNOT use the rainbow body for evil because it is not merely a siddhi.

If you obtain the rainbow body, it means you properly gained full Buddhahood as a result of the wish to help inifinite sentient beings.

You have full omniscience, and full ability to teach the Dharma.

But above all, you have dissolved the body back into the natural state of the wisdom lights.

How well said! Except I would switch a couple things.

You have dissolved the body back into the natural state of the wisdom lights.

But above all, if you obtain the rainbow body, it means you properly gained full Buddhahood as a result of the wish to help inifinite sentient beings [here I would add] and infinite loving-kindness and compassion. You have full omniscience, and full ability to teach the Dharma.

You're missing the element of bodhichitta, which is the substance of all the buddhas. You're totally missing that, and confusing it with mystical special effects of wisdom lights. Then, replacing that with the desire for powerful Omniscience.

I hope you meet the lineage blessings.

Ösel Rigpa Dorje

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 18 2009 9:20:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How did I omit bodicitta?

"If you obtain the rainbow body, it means you properly gained full Buddhahood as a result of the wish to help inifinite sentient beings."

That IS bodhichitta. That is compassion.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 18 2009 10:25:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  10:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

How did I omit bodicitta?

"If you obtain the rainbow body, it means you properly gained full Buddhahood as a result of the wish to help inifinite sentient beings."

That IS bodhichitta. That is compassion.

Bodhichitta is more than a wish. One has to feel the love.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 19 2009 01:00:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  1:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So Osel, was your intuition correct?
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  1:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

So Osel, was your intuition correct?

Hmmm... [putting the envelope to my forehead]... I, the great Karnak, foresee, Gumpi's a grouch...

If he's a Sakya, then, because he went into the forest so young, he probably didn't learn any "high methods," which are generally taught after one has finished their general education. Generally, Sakyas can practice all kinds of "high methods," tantra, lamdra, mahamudra and dzogpa chenpo are all under their roof. So it's also possible, because he's special that the lamas dished out all the teachings they could find. Hard to say.

I could be right, could be wrong...

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 19 2009 1:48:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  3:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe Buddha Boy is a tulku, which means he already learned everything through past lives, and he manually reincarnated into this one with full knowledge of all techniques and practices.

Or he is a regular guy who meditates under a tree.

Either way, from the viewpoint of Buddhism, one should look at one's OWN mind, for that is the Dharmakaya. Thus focusing on one's own life is the way. It is pointless to focus on others, as these people only exist as deluded thoughtforms in your own mind anyway.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 19 2009 3:47:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  3:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Maybe Buddha Boy is a tulku, which means he already learned everything through past lives, and he manually reincarnated into this one with full knowledge of all techniques and practices.

Either way, from the viewpoint of Buddhism, one should look at one's OWN mind, for that is the Dharmakaya. Thus focusing on one's own life is the way. It is pointless to focus on others, as these people only exist as deluded thoughtforms in your own mind anyway.

What you say is true, except that one should look at others not a deluded thoughtforms, but with pure vision. One should see all beings as the Guru.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  3:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Konchok Ösel Dorje
Bodhichitta is more than a wish. One has to feel the love.

Maybe in lower teachings. In Dzogchen, bodicitta is a natural facet of rigpa, all types.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 19 2009 3:34:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  3:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Konchok Ösel Dorje

quote:

What you say is true, except that one should look at others not a deluded thoughtforms, but with pure vision. One should see all beings as the Guru.

Thats what I mean, except instead of guru, I would say Buddha
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  8:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so have either of you made it to the basic stage of seeing the inner light (bindu) or do u just wear the bindu or vibhuti or blessed ash on your forehead and think that means something? i think ill take my leave and not bother arguing with you two
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000