New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Christi

United Kingdom
4370 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  8:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Osel,

quote:
Your view of what "the Buddha" taught is very fixed and limited. I know you think you know what the Buddha taught, because you read some books, but you are missing the vast majority of the Buddha's teachings. There is a living tradition of these teachings you don't know about.

You are the one putting people down and asserting your fixed views about what the Buddha taught. Each one of your criticisms of us is evident in your own comment. Funny really. Just serving as your reflection.

I have been practicing Buddhism within the living tradition for the last 20 years. Maybe it is time to stop playing games?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  8:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Osel,

quote:
Your view of what "the Buddha" taught is very fixed and limited. I know you think you know what the Buddha taught, because you read some books, but you are missing the vast majority of the Buddha's teachings. There is a living tradition of these teachings you don't know about.

You are the one putting people down and asserting your fixed views about what the Buddha taught. Each one of your criticisms of us is evident in your own comment. Funny really. Just serving as your reflection.

I have been practicing Buddhism within the living tradition for the last 20 years. Maybe it is time to stop playing games?

Christi

Don't be angry. I'm not playing games. I'm just pointing out a fact. Your comments reflect a very limited scope of what the Buddha taught and how Buddhists are supposed to act. There are many teachings that don't really resemble what you wrote. If I recall correctly you are a Theravada practitioner. Am I right? Very textual originalism. I shared that view briefly, but I didn't get stuck in it.
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  02:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a practice I did for ten years; no one taught this to me; it just came naturally. This was before I knew anything about Buddhism:

I would visualize the entire universe coming into existence as I exhaled A at the top of my lungs. The universe abiding at U in the middle of my breath, and the universe dissolving at M at the end of my breath. Then, between breaths seeing the void.

This is a very powerful meditation on impermanence. By "seeing" the void, one realizes the void is one's mind. One can have out of body experience, fly through space, and see the planets.
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  04:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Osel, you need to hear what the group, this sangha, is saying, that you seem very stuck, and resistant to attempts to show you this, directly or via irony. The libraries of books can be of no help, if used in this way. None of the concepts that the best of them contain are intended to be reified, unless the teacher is as deluded as the reader. Until we can 'see through' the words and the systems, most especially our own, we remain on the voracious quest. More is not better. All such knowledge slips away when the truth is known. Omniscience depends on this.

Peace

chinna

Edited by - chinna on Aug 07 2009 04:53:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  11:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chinna, I do appreciate what you are saying. I think you all misunderstand what this debate between Alwayson and myself was about. It was my attempt to get him to stop reifying a set pattern to buddhahood. My arguments to him were exactly what you are saying to me, that the nature of mind is beyond concepts. His point was the the nature of mind can only be discovered via Togal, which is not a concept, it's a technique of sun gazing. Because I practice Essence Mahamudra, there is no Togal. The practice is Mahamudra, which is also not a concept, it's a technique. Then, we got into a debate about whether Mahamudra is a technique or just another name for Buddhahood. I also tried to get him to understand that in Togal one does not merely relax into shamatha, but one must rest in rigpa, another name for the "natural state"/mahamudra. I was trying to get him to see the way one can look at these practices in a way that transcends the lineages, by taking manifestations as ripa as the path. We had this debate, because he was using the language of the Sakya lineage. I was using the language of the Kagyu lineage. Once we understood each other, we had some discussions over email and the debate was over.

Then, because this discussion between he and I was very technical, from teachings with which you perhaps you are not familiar, some of you became frustrated. I'm sorry about that.

However, Chinna, Christi, I don't reify concepts. I am not engaging in ad hominem attacks. I'm not trying to tell you what to think or act as some kind of authority about what the Buddha really taught.

So Chinna you can stop reifying the concept that people don't need teachers. Maybe Maharshi didn't need one, but I'm sure that's not gonna work for you. If it did, you wouldn't be on the internet, you'd be at your ashram with your wise students. The fact is that almost everyone does need a teacher, and most will not get anywhere by just inquiring into "I am."

Christi can stop reifying the concept that the Buddha was just the man Shakyamuni. There have been numerous buddhas who have lived since then and who live today, and have left excellent methods for the swift attainment of buddhahood, methods that take into account the relative needs of the students with varying levels of capacity, and not some naive, one size fits all, overly simplistic method.

Perhaps you all need to climb outside of your little boxes from Advaita and Theravada and see what the Vajrayana masters have to say and have to teach. Why not? Surely you are not attached to 20 years of conditioning.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 07 2009 11:27:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  11:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Konchok Ösel Dorje

His point was the the nature of mind can only be discovered via Togal

I said Buddhahood can only be obtained by thogal or anuttarayoga (and also empowerments).

Thogal goes beyond the mind wind, so how can you use it to discover the nature of the mind?

There is no higher method than thogal in Dzogchen. You may say your instantaneous essence Mahamudra is higher, but that is not acknowledged in Dzogchen.

quote:

another name for the "natural state"/mahamudra.

If you are talking about all schools as a whole, the natural state/rigpa is NOT Mahamudra.

------>Anuttarayoga is Mahamudra<------

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 07 2009 11:33:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  11:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

quote:

His point was the the nature of mind can only be discovered via Togal

I said Buddhahood can only be obtained by thogal or anuttarayoga (and also empowerments).

Thogal goes beyond the mind wind, so how can you use it to discover the nature of it.

There is no higher method than thogal in Dzogchen. You may say your essence Mahamudra is higher, but that is not acknowledged in Dzogchen.

quote:

another name for the "natural state"/mahamudra.

If you are talking about Tibetan Buddhism as a whole, the natural state/rigpa is NOT Mahamudra.

Anuttarayoga is Mahamudra.

Okay, you've stated your point. Acknowledged. Essence Mahamudra is not Anuttarayoga and doesn't say empowerments are required. Furthermore, in Dzogchen and Mahamudra the meaning of mind is different. In Dzogchen the meaning of mind doesn't include rigpa, in Mahamudra it does. And according to Essence Mahamudra ripa is mahamudra. Rigpa means the energy of unborn possibilities which manifest as rainbow lights in meditation.

You can continue to cling to your set view about a tradition with which you have no exposure or you can open your mind to a new possibility. If you want to hold to your view, there are teachings that are meant for you; you are already talking about them.

I'm not saying Essence Mahamudra is higher than Dzogchen or even Togal. What I'm saying is that there is an Essence Dzogchen, expressed by the 3 Statements of Garab Dorje. The key point of either is Direct Introduction by the realized master. There are such masters alive today who are capable of such a service. In my opinion it behooves anyone with a connection to seek one out.

It's not about higher or lower. Both are highest. It is about sudden or gradual. In any event, sudden and gradual are relative terms, one person's sudden is another's gradual and vice versa. Direct Introduction is not that sudden and a little gradual. Togal may be part of that sudden or gradual approach, but not always, as in the case of Essence Mahamudra. In any case, Guru Yoga (where the buddha's samadhi is the guru), is the primary practice. That is due to interdependent nature of buddhahood. And that is a practice you can do right away without any initiation. The simplest Guru Yoga is white A at the heart.

In any event, my intense study of Dzogchen and Mahamudra is that there is a path transcending these lineages. It comes about due to Garab Dorje 3 Statements. 1) Direct introduction to manifestations as dharmakaya 2)Dispel Doubts 3) Continue with confidence effortlessly

My examination of all the pith instructions is that the most succinct instructions for direction introduction are the Essence Mahamudra pith instructions that go along with Tilopa's Song "Ganga Mahamudra." The best way to dispel doubts is to have a realized master spin you around and point you in the right direction. Then effortlessly one can resolve all obscurations in swift and efficient self-liberation.

This path is truly wonderful. It is the path of the Mahasiddhas.

And Dzogpa Chenpo, Great Perfection, in sanskrit is Maha Siddha.

The lineage is blessed with the path of effortlessness.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 07 2009 12:20:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  12:34:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm not saying Essence Mahamudra is higher than Dzogchen or even Togal. What I'm saying is that there is an Essence Dzogchen, expressed by the 3 Statements of Garab Dorje.

So what?

Dzogchenpas dispel doubts about the nature of the mind on day one with a guru, then practice thogal for the rest of their lives.

Similarly in Mahamudra, they dispel doubts about the nature of the mind on day one, and then practice generation and completion stage for the rest of their lives.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 07 2009 12:48:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  12:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
I'm not saying Essence Mahamudra is higher than Dzogchen or even Togal. What I'm saying is that there is an Essence Dzogchen, expressed by the 3 Statements of Garab Dorje.

So what?

Dzogchenpas realize the nature of the mind, dispel doubts etc. on day one with a guru, then practice thogal for the rest of their lives.

In Mahamudra similarly, they realize the nature of the mind on day one, dispel doubts etc., and then practice generation and completion stage for the rest of their lives.

If you want to take your whole life that's fine. That's the gradual approach. Some yogis can make the trip in two years.

I'm not getting any younger jib jabbing with you. *wink*

Honestly some reach fruition in Togal after 2-5 years. Here are MY observations based on MY experience and understanding. I'm not speaking for anyone.

Essence Mahamudra one can achieve fruition without empowerments, two stages or Togal, but with Guru Yoga.

Dzogchen one can achieve fruition without empowerments but with Togal and Guru Yoga.

Thus, there is a way to fruition without empowerments or Togal, but must include Guru Yoga. And this is nice, because not everyone lives in a sunny place. This path is very wonderful and transcends lineages, names and specific methods.

One doesn't necessarily need a physical guru to receive the direct introduction. The pointing out instructions are all over the place. What follows is natural liberation.

The essence of the swift method is faith.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 07 2009 1:25:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  1:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Jigme Gyalwai Nyugu was the illustrious disciple of Rigdzin Jigme Lingpa. He became the root guru of Dza Patrul Rinpoche. He used to receive teachings from Jigme Lingpa, go into retreat and practice for months in solitary places, then return to his enlightened teacher for further instructions.

Once Jigme Gyalwai Nyugu was practicing Dzogchen meditation in a cave in Tsenrong for two or three years. Despite severe physical hardships, he practiced continuously with joyous diligence. One day, after his afternoon meditation session, he left his cave and gazed at the sky, which was brilliant blue with one immense white cloud. He had the feeling that his lama, Rigdzin Jigme Lingpa, and all the gurus of the lineage were in that cloud. Praying to them with fervent devotion, he lost consciousness.

At the moment when he regained his senses, his mind and the guru's mingled and he recognized the rigpai nelug, the natural original state of primordial awareness. This was due to his unhesitating devoted prayer, the blessings of the lineage, and the intensive practice he had been engaged in. Thus he realized the absolute nature of mind and all things. Those three spiritual factors are needed to gain realization: devotion, blessings, and awareness practice. One will not achieve it by mere study and analysis.

http://www.dzogchen.org/library/bio...-lineage.htm

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 07 2009 1:49:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  1:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Essence Mahamudra one can achieve fruition without empowerments, two stages or Togal, but with Guru Yoga.

Only you believe that. Possibly not even your lama.

Have you specifically asked your lama whether you will gain omniscient Buddhahood while alive (not during bardo) via this?

Because a lot of Vajrayana practice is about future lifetimes and after death which is not the point of this thread.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 07 2009 1:55:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  2:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Only you believe that. Possibly not even your lama.

Have you specifically asked your lama whether you will gain omniscient Buddhahood while alive (not during bardo) via this?

Because a lot of Vajrayana practice is about future lifetimes and after death which is not the point of this thread.

I had dinner with my lama last night, Tibetan momo, delicious. Dipping them in homemade mexican salsa, wierd, but very delicious.

We discussed this very issue. Along with the teachings of Lord Jigten Sumgon in Gongchig.

You should know Alwayson, this discussion was brought on because of our discussions. Your questions, became my questions. I love you.

He told me that he was giving me a teaching. The teaching was called Essence Mahamudra. He broke down the point and history of empowerments as being the path of karmamudra (sexual union). This path Milarepa gave to Rechungpa his lesser disciple (the doubting Thomas). The empowerments are now merely symbolic, since monks are celibate. Tummo is a powerful shamatha practice where the karmamudra is now just visualized. It brings on great joy. However, some practitioners have naturally arising tummo, because tummo is natural to the body.

But Gampopa was Milarepa's heart disciple and received the essence of Tilopa's Mahamudra practice. Hence the term Essence Mahamudra. Also Gampopa was a monk. Also Tilopa taught that karmamudra was a practice for those of lesser capacity. Namdrol is misinformed when he says that Tilopa taught two stages. Two stages is not discussed in Tilopa's song. Gampopa was highest capacity and was reborn disciple of Shakyamuni. Gampopa's tummo arose instantly, in one day. The extra juice that makes enlightenment possible in this life is Kagyu's special Guru Yoga.

And just like Gampopa did, one can gain omniscient buddhahood via Essence Mahamudra. Essence Mahamudra is shared among all the Kagyu traditions. His Holiness Taklung Matul Rinpoche was present there, and took and active part of this discussion. He is at the same level as the Karmapa in terms of status. He confirmed all Kagyu lineages share Essence Mahamudra.

However, Essence Mahamudra is not taught to everyone. One needs to be thoroughly examined, etc., etc.

Because Essence is Essence, there must be an Essence Dzogchen, just like there is an Essence Vedanta which includes Guru Yoga (See Nisargadatta Maharaja).

So why I am so juiced is that a very concise overview like Gong Chig, a powerful Guru Yoga, a very concise pith instruction, and direct introduction makes for a very very amazingly efficient path to omniscient buddhahood that one can practice in any weather condition and without books. It transcends lineages and paths, and brings us back to the source, the path of the Maha Siddha.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 07 2009 2:48:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  4:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quick question, Osel:

The Dzogchen essence lineage you refer to: is that the lineage of Chatral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche?

gri
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  4:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by grihastha

Quick question, Osel:

The Dzogchen essence lineage you refer to: is that the lineage of Chatral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche?

gri

I am referring something in the abstract. The lineage of Vajradhara/Samantabhadra. It appears and manifests in many ways. It manifests by the teachings 1) Direct introduction to the nature of manifestations as dharmakaya; 2) Methods dispelling doubts; 3) Continuing effortlessly with confidence.

That being said, Chatral Rinpoche and Dudjom Rinpoche's lineage is very excellent, wonderful. If you have an opportunity to meet yogis from this lineage, do it fast.

The above is possible with his lineage. His are wonderful Dzogchen teachings.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Aug 07 2009 5:19:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4370 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  6:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Osel,
quote:
Don't be angry. I'm not playing games. I'm just pointing out a fact. Your comments reflect a very limited scope of what the Buddha taught and how Buddhists are supposed to act. There are many teachings that don't really resemble what you wrote. If I recall correctly you are a Theravada practitioner. Am I right? Very textual originalism. I shared that view briefly, but I didn't get stuck in it.

quote:
However, Chinna, Christi, I don't reify concepts. I am not engaging in ad hominem attacks. I'm not trying to tell you what to think or act as some kind of authority about what the Buddha really taught.

I am not angry, but you are playing games Osel, and they are not games that lead to liberation. I have practiced under the Theravadan tradition, and also under the Mahayana tradition (Nyingmapa), and under the Zen tradition. Fortunately, what the Buddha taught is recorded in the Suttas of the Pali Cannon, and everyone is free to read it at their leasure. Noone needs to take my word for it, as they can learn the truth for themselves.

When you first came to this forum, you were using advaita vedanta as a tool to attack people with. Then you converted to Mahayana Buddhism and started using that as a tool to attack people with. So please don't say that you don't engage in ad hominem attacks, because actually, in this forum, you do it ad nauseam. This is why I said it is the very worse kind of spiritual materialism, using spiritual teachings as a verbal weapon to try and put others down with.

The fruits of the spiritual life are gained through intelligent and appropriate spiritual practices. Dzogchen and Mahamudra are advanced practices, and should only be undertaken when certain pre-requisites have been met. I would advise you to leave these things well alone until you have gained a strong foundation in preliminary practices. Taking up these advanced practices too early on can lead to mental confusion and instability. Remember that you are still very new to the Buddhist path, and that it is a marathon, rather than a sprint.

Developing a strong foundation of inner silence and equanimity early on will serve you well when you come to take up intermediary and completion stage practices at a time when they are actually meaningful.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Aug 07 2009 6:37:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  7:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi, Thanks for your heartfelt advice. I really feel the love. I have a lama. He's advising me, very well. I am already well into Mahamudra which FYI is Vajrayana. I'm receiving teachings that have never been taught to Westerners before. Doesn't that mean I already did the preliminaries?

Like it or not, for whatever reason, non-sense or happenstance, Ösel Dorje is receiving the most secret teachings in Tibetan Buddhism. Dzogchen, Togal, not secret. Why? Yeshe Lama's published, a restricted text that I own. How? How do you think? I'm an excellent actor.

The late Kunzang Dechen Lingpa Rinpoche's students know my lama and have agreed to send me all his recorded Terma teachings, including Togal. So did the students of Traga Rinpoche. I've already sat through one year of Choegyal Namkai Norbu's Dzogchen teachings. That's three Dzogchen lineages. I know Dzogchen well, it's very close to what I practice, every day.

The Essence Mahamudra teachings remain only oral. No English speaking person has ever received them. I must have excellent acting skills to fool all these Lamas. I practice Essence Mahamudra because I have a close relationship with Drubpon Rinpoche and His Holiness Taklung Matul Rinpoche.

I don't mind being labeled whatever you like. I don't remember being Advaita. My grandfather was in his own way. But I never attack anyone. Challenge their ideas, sure; question their facts, non-stop. All the time. But I don't resort to ad hominem.

Ad hominem is where you attack the person. Perhaps you feel that way, because you identify so much with your reified concepts. LOL.

Anyway, the Pali Cannon is one source of Buddhism. The Mahayana Sutras is another. The Vajrayana Tantras is another.

My efforts are paying off, too. Many people are turned on to teachings on the "nature of mind." It's really wonderful.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  12:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Osel,

That is interesting that you say that empowerments are historically derived from sexual practices.

Am I reading you correctly?
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  8:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Osel,

That is interesting that you say that empowerments are historically derived from sexual practices.

Am I reading you correctly?

I forwarded the teachings as I heard it. That was what I was told.
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  9:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Had lunch with HH Taklung Matul Rinpoche. He is a very knowledgeable young master, who talked to me one on one about teachings he received from HH the Dalai Lama and his masters.

He was very open about telling me supposedly very secret things. He broke down the whole secret making, secret keeping modus operandi.

I'm sort of blown away right now.

At the same time, ordinary, simple, plain.

No big deal. Love you guys.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  9:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you going to keep secret the reasons why they keep things secret?
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  10:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Are you going to keep secret the reasons why they keep things secret?

Because the fruit is so ordinary.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it true that one's spiritual evolution can be sped up by having a girlfriend?

o
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff. I think I catch your drift.
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Konchok �sel Dorje

H

He was very open about telling me supposedly very secret things. He broke down the whole secret making, secret keeping modus operandi.

Secrets?

Read 100000000000000 sacred texts.

To help others is virture...to hurt others is sin...

This is not rocket science.

....and there are no secrets....

Edited by - machart on Aug 09 2009 12:04:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4370 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  02:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Osel

quote:
Hi Christi, Thanks for your heartfelt advice. I really feel the love. I have a lama. He's advising me, very well. I am already well into Mahamudra which FYI is Vajrayana. I'm receiving teachings that have never been taught to Westerners before. Doesn't that mean I already did the preliminaries?

Like it or not, for whatever reason, non-sense or happenstance, Ösel Dorje is receiving the most secret teachings in Tibetan Buddhism. Dzogchen, Togal, not secret. Why? Yeshe Lama's published, a restricted text that I own. How? How do you think? I'm an excellent actor.

The late Kunzang Dechen Lingpa Rinpoche's students know my lama and have agreed to send me all his recorded Terma teachings, including Togal. So did the students of Traga Rinpoche. I've already sat through one year of Choegyal Namkai Norbu's Dzogchen teachings. That's three Dzogchen lineages. I know Dzogchen well, it's very close to what I practice, every day.

The Essence Mahamudra teachings remain only oral. No English speaking person has ever received them. I must have excellent acting skills to fool all these Lamas. I practice Essence Mahamudra because I have a close relationship with Drubpon Rinpoche and His Holiness Taklung Matul Rinpoche.

I don't mind being labeled whatever you like. I don't remember being Advaita. My grandfather was in his own way. But I never attack anyone. Challenge their ideas, sure; question their facts, non-stop. All the time. But I don't resort to ad hominem.

Ad hominem is where you attack the person. Perhaps you feel that way, because you identify so much with your reified concepts. LOL.

Anyway, the Pali Cannon is one source of Buddhism. The Mahayana Sutras is another. The Vajrayana Tantras is another.

My efforts are paying off, too. Many people are turned on to teachings on the "nature of mind." It's really wonderful

I am well aware that you are an excellent actor. The Buddha advised his followers not to engage in acting.

Sensitivity is something that develops through practice. Gradually heightened sensitivity develops into compassion, sympathetic joy, and divine love. As sensitivity grows and expands it becomes possible to see directly into the hearts of others... to see their pain, their true desires, and the true motivations behind their actions. So it is not true that Buddhists are an insensitive bunch... actually they are some of the most sensitive people on this planet.

Sympathetic joy, sensitivity to others, humility, compassion, divine love; these are the hallmarks of the awakened mind. They are also the fruits of the sadhana, which means spiritual practices applied effectively over the long term. Whatever your teachers are teaching you, secret or not, you have to judge it's effectiveness by the results it is having in your everyday life.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000