Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Hemi-Sync
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  4:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started using the Hemi-Sync Gateway system about a month before I found the AYP lessons. A week after starting my meditation practices, I felt I was subjecting myself to too much at once, and decided to put the Gateway system on the back burner for the time being.

I only completed the first wave (out of seven), but I'm pretty sure that this alone greatly helped me find the relaxed state needed to achieve quality meditation. A kickstart of sorts. The later waves claim to achieve expanded awareness, energization, OBE's and much more. According to their website, all of this can be accomplished on a six-day Gatway retreat at their center (utilizing the same system that I was using). I thought that seemed a bit too quick, hence my spending a month on the first wave alone.

I was wondering if anyone else has used this system and where they think it could fit (if at all) on the path towards enlightenment. Also when used alongside a program such as the AYP Lessons, is there a chance that they could compliment each other or would it just be too much?

I found this excerpt from the Monroe Institute's Website (taken from a New York Times article) to be especially interesting :

"One Gateway alumnus, the head of a Zen Buddhist Temple...believes that Gateway students can reach meditation states in a week that took him years of sitting."

Thanks and I'll be looking forward to your insights.

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  10:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While I've not used the Hemi-synch, I've used several other brainwave entrainment tapes such as the Robert Monroe tapes and machines. They do offer an instant meditation experience, which is fun.

I think they have value esp. to people who don't want to "meditate" but just want to relax, play better in sports, manage pain, heal a condition, etc.

Some forms of meditation are simply too difficult for some people to learn, so the tapes would be an advantage.

Inner mantra meditation like AYP or TM releases tension from the nervous system which the tapes don't. Also, inner mantra is fairly easy to learn and get benefits from right from the start unlike many other techniques.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  11:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I was wondering if anyone else has used this system and where they think it could fit (if at all) on the path towards enlightenment. Also when used alongside a program such as the AYP Lessons, is there a chance that they could compliment each other or would it just be too much?

Hello there

I have had the Hemi-Sync Gateway tapes for some years now. I found the system wonderful for deep relaxation. I got as far as being able to bring the relaxed state about by just using the key word and I sometimes do this before i start my practices if I feel a bit tense, so yes it does have its uses. Its mainly for OBEs though and that does not fit in with AYP.

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  11:35:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies, they are greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000