Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Deep Meditation Group in London
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  05:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

My name is Josh, I work in central london (mayfair) and live in south east London.

I'd like to form a deep meditation group, is anyone here from London interested in doing this?

Thanks

Josh

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  11:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
more information about this, also posted in satsang cafe:

Hi guys,

I post this here, because I wonder if more people look at the "Satsang Cafe" regularly than they do "events".

I am trying to form a London (UK) based meditation group.

This is because I'm very interested in finding out what may be set in action when a group of people, with shared intent of spiritual realisation, get together to meditate.

When would we meditate?

It seems to me a good idea to do this at the same time as the AYP global group meditation, so we also fit in with this global collective intent.

Days : Saturday and Sunday
Time : 11.15 am ET USA. / 15.15 pm UK time (moving to 16.15 pm UK time when we are DST adjusted)

What would practises would we do?

Spinal breathing practise followed by deep meditation. If anyone else wanted to add their own practises, that would be fine. But these practises can be performed by both beginners and veterans alike.

Where would we meditate?

Central London.

Options -
a) I think we could plan to go to Hyde Park when the weather is good
b) For practises which are pretty discrete, like SBP and DM, there is a beautiful and quiet church in Mayfair which I go to. It's not an organised thing, but I often just take an hour out of work and go to the church to meditate. All are welcome to sit quietly in churches, and the peace is very conducive to meditation. I personally think its fantastic to revive the use of these wonderful buildings, which have dwindling numbers of churchgoers, as quiet spaces in the city for sincere spiritual practise.
c) I may be buying a small apartment in Bayswater, W2 which is literally just across the road from Hyde Park. If so, we can always use that. But I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to buy now or wait till next year.

Who are you?

My name is Josh. I am 23 years old. I work in Mayfair as professional/consultant raising money from wealthy investors for hedge funds. I am a very sincere spiritual seeker, and have been driven to "god" (please disregard any preconceptions as to the meaning of this label) always since I was young.

How would it take place/what would happen?

Basically each week, I would e-mail everyone who is interested the time of the meditation and where it is taking place. You tell me if you're going to come.

You arrive and we meditate. There is no need for conversation, I'm not so interested in forming a discussion group. In fact it would be nice if we arrive silently, kindly and silently acknowledge one another, and then if we wish leave silently too. Or we can talk aftwerwards if people want to.

What a quiet and beautiful experience, just to arrive and sit peacefully with one another, kindly acknowledge one another with warm and welcoming energy (but no spoken words), and then leave silently to continue our lives.

What this won't be is
a) something anyone is forced to commit to. people can come and go silently as they wish. there will be no pressure on you to come, or to come regularly. you will just be allowed to feel "yes I think I'd like to do that, then I will go today".

b) a discussion group/social convention. I have no interest in applying social conventions where everyone has to tell each other their story, and make banal conversation!! =) If you feel compelled to talk to me, someone else, or I to you, after the meditation, then fine. Otherwise just use your energy to say hello, good bye, and good wishes to us all, instead of your mouth.

I would really greatly love to hear from anyone who interested in taking part in this exciting spiritual experiment.

Thank you and Best wishes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000