Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 pranayama "blindspot" - blockage?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andrzej

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  8:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrzej's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,
Long time listener, first time caller etc.

I've been doing AYP for just under a year now and I find that I have a bit of a blindspot in my sushumna. By that I mean that as I trace up and down the spine, I can feel prana (am I correct in my understanding that this is prana?) moving between the bottom of my neck and the third eye, but anything below the neck is simply me going through the motions with the intention of moving prana around. Because I can't actually FEEL anything in there, it's somewhat difficult to lock on to the spinal nerve, something i can do very easily above the neck, for the most part.

I'm in stage 2 kechari and last night I managed to slip a tiny bit higher than ever before and the strength of the sensation of prana intensified noticeably, but was still localised above the bottom of the neck.
Then after yoni mudra and about a minute of I AM, I felt an energy buildup at the base of my spine, and it would intermittently bounce about an inch up the spine a few times, then stop for a little while and repeat. This all subsided after a few minutes.
That was the only time I've ever felt anything in my spine below the neck, and nothing of the sort happened in this morning's practice.

My question (sorry about the long lead-up) is basically this: does this sound like a blockage below the neck, or maybe a lower level of sensitivity there, or what else could it be?

In case it's relevant (and not obvious) my kundalini is yet to rise.

Any thoughts?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  05:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi andrzej

Have a look at the posts in this thread and the links within it I think they will be of help to you.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=2032#2032
Go to Top of Page

andrzej

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  5:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrzej's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Richard, that really cleared it up for me.
Sorry for not scouring the forums more thoroughly before posting
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  7:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Andrzej.

Please don't apologize. You are welcome to ask any questions you have.

Wish you all the best in your path.

Edited by - Shanti on Feb 17 2009 7:06:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  12:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Thanks Richard, that really cleared it up for me.
Sorry for not scouring the forums more thoroughly before posting

No worries you have nothing to be sorry for some of us have been around here a long time now and know where to look for things. we are all here to help each other.
Go to Top of Page

andrzej

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  7:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrzej's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are awesome =)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000