Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Born with a certain numbe of breaths
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paresh

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  11:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Paresh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi - I'm looking for the source of that idea...one of the samhitas? I can't find it. Anyone know? Thanks!

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  9:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard that associated with Islamic teachings before.

Doesn't say much in favor of Bastrika does it?

Edited by - anthony574 on Feb 09 2009 10:12:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Paresh

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  10:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Paresh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
exercise too... I think the idea is to slow down the breath over a lifetime
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  7:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
B.K.S. Iyengar mentions this briefly in the Introduction to Light on Yoga. However, he doesn't say much about it and doesn't name a source.

I tried the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, but didn't find the reference.

PEACE
Go to Top of Page

Paresh

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  09:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Paresh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  10:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think Yogananda in his Autobiography of a Yogi mentions something to that effect also in the Kriya Yoga Chapter. Something about the less breaths the more you live, or something like that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000