Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 About Mahasivrathri : Celebrate the Eternal Yogi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  01:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
aum namah sivaya

Mahasivrathri is the day & night of the yogi. Mahasivrathri is a once a year celebration of Lord Siva, the awake Spirit within each of us. For several thousands of years, yogis and nearly 60% of all householders, i.e, ordinary people in
India, observe this auspicious day by staying up all
night chanting and singing to Lord Siva. Mahasivrathri
is the gift of realized Sages to enable everyone
experience turiya, the state of higher consciousness.

Observing Mahasivrathri is transforming as we awaken to whom we truly are. Lord Siva, the dissolver of ego enables clearance of past karmic negatives that have blocked us from our true potentials. Mahasivrathri is rejuvenative as we tune into the eternal yogi within ourselves as the surrender of our body consciousness to the awake soul, the eternal yogi. The objective of Mahasivrathri is to
experience turiya, the realm of enlightenment. Proximity
of the mind with Source does align our thoughts to be
empowered as we are in touch with our inner wisdom of
calm, serenity, inspiration, abundance and knowing.

Preparing for Mahasivrathri in a yogic manner:
- Mark Feb 09 Full Moon as
the day to start observing Mahasivrathri. Meditate with
the intent and prayer to be guided through this inner
journey to be Self.

- Our journey from Feb 09 until Feb 23 of Mahasivrathri is to be the experience of Spirit. We turn our mind inward and gradually shift our consciousness from the body into the soul. As the moon wanes and dissolves, we dissolve our ego states of 'me', 'mine' and 'i' into the higher consciousness of oneness of that of Lord Siva.

Mahasivrathri is the celebration of the Spirit by the Spirit. Empowered worship of Source is from the intent of wanting to be Source.

- In our inner journey of meditation; "fasting"- fruits, nuts and juice diet intake that is gradually reduced; and puja we transform be Lord Siva. These are moments for detox and cleansing of mind and body.

- Jump into your personal Mother Ganga each morning! By slipping into a cold water shower each morning, we are dissolving our primal bond to the body and thus are born again. If getting into the cold water shower in the morning is difficult- do yoga and through yoga dissolve into lord siva of five elements and the body becomes easier to surrender into the cold water.

- It is normal for humanity to experience turbulence and upheavals just before Mahasivrathri and then after Mahasivrathri, the calm and inspired realities that unfold. The mind is readily plunges within when ever there
is hardship in our external realities. After Mahasivrathri is observed and complete, it is normal to witness a huge blessing or blessings in our external reality.

- Light a lamp at least once a day and meditate, chant and pray. If this is not possible, still the mind and visualize the lamp within and experience Source as the joys within the stillness of a mind without thoughts. The stillness of mind is Lord Siva, the experience of being the Self, the soul.

- Pilgrimages to sacred places during this period helps the inner journey. Being aware of each thought and setting the mind alight through mantra chanting creates the inner lamp of awareness that gradually shines 24/7.

- Do dharma. The effective form of dharma is to feed the hungry while we are fasting and in satisfying other hunger, we are divinely fed with the subtle energy of Source. Dharma done during this sacred period magnifies. Dharma done in random kindness going beyond our own suffering and discomfort enables the realization of Oneness, the essence of Source.

- Climb within each day and go further beyond the mind into the vibrant light within! Lift our consciousness from the muladhara chakra (root chakra) above to the Guru chakra (above the navel). We transcend the body consciousness of heat and cold, hunger etc through the shift in our consciousness.

- Climb above to the third eye and watch the vibrant light of the mantra dance. In bringing this light in the third eye to stillness, the mind transcends to the mindless realm of joy that Sages call, the sleepless sleep, turiya.

- On the day/night of Mahasivrathri, be the pillar of light, Lord Siva.

May humanity arise in the awake consciousness of wisdom that enables each of us to be the prophets and masters of higher consciousness! May each of us be instruments of Source and in our breath, the ascendance of collective consciousness.

We are the messengers of peace, love and Oneness of Source!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3sz1s1DhNc

jai guruve thunai!

aum

Edited by - nandhi on Feb 03 2009 1:16:16 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  08:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the blessings Nandhi... the energy of the mantra was amazing... and thank you for looking straight into the camera.. felt the energy/blessings flowing through your eyes.. esp the part when you said aum namah sivaaaya.. and you said focus on the third eye.. and I realized I already was saying the mantra there.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  10:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very beautiful post and video, thank you for the blessings Nandhi.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  2:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Thank you for the blessings Nandhi... the energy of the mantra was amazing... and thank you for looking straight into the camera.. felt the energy/blessings flowing through your eyes.. esp the part when you said aum namah sivaaaya.. and you said focus on the third eye.. and I realized I already was saying the mantra there.

divine one, thank you! in the flow within is the ease at which to 'latch' into seats of consciousness from the knowing. esp the third eye

gratitude for your msg!
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  2:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

very beautiful post and video, thank you for the blessings Nandhi.

namaste

divine ananda, grateful for whom you are and for connecting! may all the awake joys unfold!

aum
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  4:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nandhi

Thank you so much.....

I can't believe I missed this post earlier...

Thanks to Shanti I found it today....after our joint meditation.

Very beautiful Nandhi

aum namah sivaya
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000