Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 pressure on head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

foralways

Sweden
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  09:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit foralways's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

hey

just feels like someone is pressing something on my head, or around my head. and i feel quite dizzy, and as if i cant "look out" of my head. at times it feels like it "opens up", and its such a relief.
sometimes it feels like something is moving behind my eyes, and it surely feels like it should be seen from the outside (pretty sure it doesnt though)
any thought of what this is?
anyone experienced anything similar?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  1:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi foralways,

This is not uncommon I don't think and I think it is caused by needing to pace a little more actively. At one point in my journey I could not do asanas because doing so caused the same thing you are describing. It got so bad at a couple points (feeling of a "helmet" on the head pressing really hard all over, especially but not exclusively a line of pressure coming up the bridge of the nose and the middle of the forehead) that I actually got spontaneous nose bleeds from the pressure. To stop this from happening I had to cut out all asanas for a couple of months and had to drop pranayama for a while as well. (for about 2 weeks) Then I slowly added pranayama back, and much later, asanas with no problems. I still get some "third eye" pressure but the feeling of a "helmet" squeezing the head is gone. Hope this helps a little. Take it easy, less is more.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  2:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I get pressure in my head, various "bands" in certain places and a kind of squeezing sensation. It is anxiety related with me.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  2:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi foralways,

Thats great advice from Carson all the things you describe are clasic symptoms of purification of the nervous system definitely cut back on practices until things ease off.

If cutting back on practices doesn't help go and see a doctor just to be on the safe side.
Go to Top of Page

foralways

Sweden
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  11:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit foralways's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

nice to hear that im not alone.

and good advice..
been through a bit of a rough phase after this pressures. maybe they were too related to practicing too much, because just as u said, during this time at times i got so completely lost in the meditation (have just started a little pranayama) that much more than 20 minutes usually passed (i used to be able to tell approximately when to stop before, but that ability might be lost right now)
anyways, have had hard times "getting out" of my head, but now its all better. just thought i´d update you, and happy to hear that i am in purification :)

love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000