Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 The trials of Job -- Rough kundalini awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  3:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Folks,

I thought you might find this interesting. In 'The Secrets of Wilder', John has sores break out all over his body at some point as a result of Kundalini awakening. I thought it had some similarities to Job of the Old Testament, and sent Yogani the following question:

quote:

Hello Yogani,
did you experience the sores breaking out over your body like Wilder?

You are free of course not to answer, as in everything...

The reason I am asking is that it seems a little like the trials of Job. Job of the Old Testament had something similar happen to him. Of course, there is not necessarily one, or even any, Job, but the Old Testament story could well have been put together from things that happened to one or more people. Maybe some prophet or holy man had Kundalini issues and this happened and it got recorded.

Do you know if this particular event is a 'known' phenomenon, or is it a very specific thing?

If it did happen to you, did you have a very strong sense afterwards that it happened as a result of over-pushing? I mean, are you convinced that it would not have happened if you paced yourself better?

Regards,

-David

Yogani to me

quote:

Hi David:

Job must have been trying to awaken kundalini without the benefit of spinal breathing, which is what John Wilder was doing. And yes, I did it too. John's experience is a dramatized version of what I went through around 1990. And, like John, when I got hold of spinal breathing later on, everything immediately stabilized and spiritual progress took off like a rocket. So John's whole-body rash experience, including prelude and aftermath, is a direct dramatization of what I went through, as are many of his experiences. It may be a novel, but it is as true to life (and the Gospels) as I could make it.

AYP is structured in such a way so as to avoid the excesses that were experienced in John's (and my) life. You will recall, John also got it together and ended up offering an AYP-style program that kept his students out of the kundalini frying pan, beginning with Devi. He was very careful about it, and so am I, as you know.

For those who do things in the wrong order, and are aggressive over an extended period of time, such mishaps in one form or other are inevitable. The spiritual diaries (East and West) are full of stories about the kundalini excesses (by whatever name) of intense bhaktis. Ironically, preventing these difficulties is not so much a matter of divine intervention, only a matter of education on correct methodology. So many sages did it the hard way, driven by raw bhakti. The tools were primitive, but they were going to do it anyway, come hell or high water. God bless them. We are standing on their shoulders today, and able to reach for the heights with much less wear and tear.

The recorded knowledge of integrated practices, their correct sequencing and self-pacing are the keys to making the spiritual path user-friendly and effective for everyone now and in the future. It has happened already in so many fields of applied science, ranging from aviation to x-rays. It will happen in yoga too. AYP is an attempt to make advanced yoga as easy as "point and click" did with computers. Just add bhakti, and away you go, minus the rash!

The guru is in you.

Yogani

People interested in the old-testament story of Job might want to take a look at the following link, which discusses in a nice kind of way the allegory/myth of the story of Job:

http://www.wcg.org/lit/spiritual/tr...trialjob.htm

Edited by - david_obsidian on Sep 01 2005 4:12:49 PM

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  09:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,

I did not think that the episode with the rashes is real. I thought that kundalini imbalances manifest themselves as psychological conditions (like weird dreams, irritability, dullness or worse) and this episode is an artistic metaphore for that but now reading this it appears anything can happen.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  10:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Lili,

yes, the 'rashes' are real and literal all right. The symptoms of Kundalini problems are not by any means confined to mental. May you experience none of them!

-D

quote:
Originally posted by Lili

Hi David,

I did not think that the episode with the rashes is real. I thought that kundalini imbalances manifest themselves as psychological conditions (like weird dreams, irritability, dullness or worse) and this episode is an artistic metaphore for that but now reading this it appears anything can happen.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Sep 02 2005 11:04:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  6:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Kundalini problems can include, psycosis, extreme pain,heat or even death from a spontaneous forced awakening.Gopi Krishna was extremely unlucky to have experienced most of these and his life was hell for a number of years.
L&L
dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000