To Those Not Making Progress
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  12:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by newpov

Jim's posting,

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=3#38432

was a profound contribution, in my opinion.

Thanks, but there's nothing particularly profound about a practice. Practices are mere squeejees and rakes for removing the dirt from our windows. If what you're saying is that my suggestion's helpful, I'm glad you're helped by it!

quote:
I've heard it said that humility is possibly the first of all preconditions for joining with the divine. Could there be any greater humility than the awaiting or abiding and highly respectful listening practice that Jim has suggested in his posting?

Humility is an add-on. It's another thing to be. As we stop our ceaseless attempts to wrestle the world, and ourselves, to fit a certain bill, the result looks like humility, but it's just an absence of stakedness. Re: joining the divine, there are no preconditions (I'll avoid a McCain/Palin foreign policy wisecrack). The more you maneuver, the more you perpetrate your delusion of separation. It's a letting, not a doing (so long as you don't let the letting become a doing). Let the letting. And let that.

quote:
Yogani, I hope Jim's insight makes it into the next volume of Easy Lessons.

This is a helpful little trick, but there are untold zillion of such tricks out there, and AYP doesn't (and oughtn't) scoop them all up and pile them in a heap. The beauty of AYP is its streamlined simplicity. The human mind always tries to complicate. Complication is mind food. Yoga is subtractive.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Oct 29 2008 12:05:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  1:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A 2nd Powerful Practice For Those Who Feel They Are Not Making Progress

This is not something that appears in the AYP writings, but is very powerful, it put me over pretty easily so put it out there for those who are looking for ways to ramp up the potency of their practices. Obviously caution is key here as there can be a delayed affect and this can open things up pretty quickly.

Sound is a powerful force that can move energy very effectively. This can be done prior to pranayama spinal breathing in the AYP routine, maybe start with 5 minutes and go from there into regular practices.

While sitting in Siddhasana, audibly intone the word "hum" in as deep voiced way that you can while elongating the syllables and doing mulabandha. So something like "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Start with the above, a second enhancement for greater potency would be placing the fingers of the right hand on the root chakra with the palm of the hand resting on the bottom portion of the genitals, with the left hand holding or resting on the upper part of the genitals. Obviously gender differences will require some modifications and experimentation to make this comfortable and to maximize the effects. Let go of this hand position once regular AYP practices begin.
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2022 :  02:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find this nice to read. There is less doing going on over here at my palace!

quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

To those who feel they're not making progress, here's a small but extremely powerful adjustment to try. First, two very important cautions: it's not for anyone who's spent less than a year or so on AYP meditation, and it's not for anyone with overdoing symptoms.

Instead of "saying" the mantra, listen for it.

You'll find it much, much easier to lose the mantra, because it's far more subtle and less "grab-able". In fact, you may feel like a beginner again, constantly having to return to mantra. But returning to mantra is the practice, so don't sweat it.

And I wouldn't worry too much about going into "unapproved, off the map" territory, in conflict with Yogani's lessons. It doesn't contradict AYP at all....at least not if you've spent enough time doing AYP meditation that the mantra's "baked in" pretty well. Yogani notes that mantra gets more and more subtle and refined, and this is simply a way to encourage that process.

Finally, I won't get more detailed as to what I mean by "listen for it". There is beauty in simplicity, in spite of the mind's tendency to complicate.

Note (edited in): if you listen for mantra, but don't here it, that's a sign that you're not ready for this step. Go back to the old way, and maybe try again in another 6 months or a year.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2022 :  10:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2022 :  05:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for resurrecting this thread! It was a fun read, especially when Yogani chimed in.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000