AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Deep meditation in the dark
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  2:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste my friends,

i was wandering if being in a dark room gives our meditation session more efficiency.

and i'm asking this cauze i'm experiencing more toxicating ecstacy+ void and unlimitidness when i meditate in a dark room.

another question(s) since i'm going at it; don't know if anyone here has ever been there but have you ever felt transparency through out all of your body (in and out) and a total destruction of bounderies between you and everything else in existence plus seeing things clearly and focusing on little details that you never focused on b4 and gave a lot more interest and appreciation to what they are...

light and love,

Ananda

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  4:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ananda,
withdrawing the senses is a good thing in meditation I believe. SO I would think a dark, silent, oder free place would be best. However for some people they could probably do it anywhere, anytime, any condition and it not matter one way or the other.
my place of medittion is not alway quiet but I do my best and drop the concern of my space not being "perfect". To change my space would not be the easiest, unless I were to move. So I accept it and see it as perfect I guess
I am lvoe, I am peace, I am joy, and so are you
I am neil\
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  4:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi tube :), and thx for the nice reply.

i just went into yogani's lesson 31 ( http://www.aypsite.org/31.html ) and it explained a lot of what i'm going through in that post concerning the in and out experienve plus the point about the outdoors.

but still i must admit more ecstacy and stillness are there when i meditate in a dark room.

p.s: we had guests chatting in our place at the same time i was meditating this evening.

so i think it's not about having a quiet place, in the end each one of us is different one way or another who knows maybe i just feel more relaxed in the dark perhaps perhaps perhaps as the song goes.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  4:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi my dear Ananda .

i like doing meditation exercices in a dark room too , i feel more comfotable , more relaxing .

love and peace
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  9:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is obviously going to be conducive to deeper states of meditation to be in a dark room or with other senses deprived for that matter.

on the other hand i usually no longer strive to achieve ideal environmental conditions mainly because i think it is good training for the other 95% of the day when you may find yourself trying to give yourself to stillness on a crowded bus, with someone elses music or conversation, or with (my personal favorite...) a neighbor or two who mows and weedwhacks his lawn every other day.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  03:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are many who offer "dark retreats", where you sit in a dark room for very long periods of time and meditate, so the phenomenon is well known.

quote:

have you ever felt transparency through out all of your body (in and out) and a total destruction of bounderies between you and everything else in existence plus seeing things clearly and focusing on little details that you never focused on b4 and gave a lot more interest and appreciation to what they are...

Yes. Both in and out of practices. The transparency and total destruction of boundaries is as I see it the waking up from the Matrix, seeing the world as it IS - the emptiness in everything, going into Reality, leaving the distorted mind created illusion that the world is substantial... and this brings a total fascination and feeling when realizing the miracle happening when Form appears, so it brings awe and wonder over tiny details that never has been seen before! The divine beauty appears clearly and there's a flowering occuring whatever happens.

Listen to Adyashanti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLQD90Las5c
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  3:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,

I always meditate in dark rooms, it takes me more easily to the ecstatic sensations, and also I can feel more the energy of Shakti, although I also meditate in day light, but I always prefer dark places, maybe cause it makes more easy to the nimittas to be seen.

Namaste
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

namaste my friends,

i was wandering if being in a dark room gives our meditation session more efficiency.

and i'm asking this cauze i'm experiencing more toxicating ecstacy+ void and unlimitidness when i meditate in a dark room.

another question(s) since i'm going at it; don't know if anyone here has ever been there but have you ever felt transparency through out all of your body (in and out) and a total destruction of bounderies between you and everything else in existence plus seeing things clearly and focusing on little details that you never focused on b4 and gave a lot more interest and appreciation to what they are...

light and love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  10:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello zinon, anthony, emc, neli.

thx you guys for dropping in, a reasonable explanation anthony and thx for the link emc it was beautiful guess what i'm going through is enlightenment milestones.

namaste my friends,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000