New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  09:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again,

I just realized that my intension to make this translation, was born after a phase of stillness, as my mind desperatly tried to grab something to hold on to.

As Papaji said, the concept of every exhausting spiritual practices which gets you to your desired goal, is a new entanglement in the game of light without substance.

All that is needed, is stillness, to get back and experience what we are.

So if anyone wants to use the stuff i created so far, is welcome. If needed, i can finish the structure of the site.

Atb,
Pan
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  10:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ConsciousEvolution

A question for Yogani:

I'm translating from English to Hebrew right now, at a pretty good pace.
Reading through my translations, they look alright. They seem professional and the vocabulary used is quite good.
The original meaning is conveyed.
The thing is, that they feel mechanical to some extent. There's something a bit lifeless about them.
Remember, Hebrew does not come from Latin so it's quite a different language.
I've been trying to be very loyal to the original text but the problem is that that somehow renders my translations a bit cold, with not enough soul. On the other hand, I might have to wander off quite a bit from the original in order to render them friendlier and more soulful, and then they might not be as accurate and loyal to the original text as they are now.

Anyway, you get my drift...

So? What's your advice? What are the guidelines, what's the preference?
In short, may I take the liberty to simplify it and make it more user-friendly in Hebrew, a different language, or do I stay loyal to source as literally as I can?

Thank you Kindly,

CE

Hi CE:

The purpose of the translation is to convey the content. If it can be done with some "flair" in the language being used, so much the better. Then it is coming alive in stillness.

You have good input from several here with experience translating the lessons, and I concur with their sharings.

My own "translation" went from inner silence to English, and whatever flair is in there just happened. I am sure as you get into it, you will find the same.

Many thanks, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  10:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau

Hi again,

I just realized that my intension to make this translation, was born after a phase of stillness, as my mind desperatly tried to grab something to hold on to.

As Papaji said, the concept of every exhausting spiritual practices which gets you to your desired goal, is a new entanglement in the game of light without substance.

So if anyone wants to use the stuff i created so far, is welcome. If needed, i can finish the structure of the site.

Atb,
Pan

Hi Pan:

Whatever you need to be doing in the present will be best. It was a good start. Maybe you will come back to it later. Tuck it away safely until then.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  11:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your wonderful words.

Doing less, allowing more...
Trying less, enjoying more...

Peace :-)
Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  04:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,
Lesson 46, A. first paragraph
"This will manifest as an emptying of the lungs and then a drawing up from near the bottom of the spine".
What is drawn up. Do you mean just a drawing up of muscles or Prana and can I express that in my translation for clarification.
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  05:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

It seems like AYP is helping me to let go. This again, helps me to translate :)

I hope it isnt a problem, that ive chosen the same domain name. I thought thats also a good way to find it through google.

http://aypsite.at

Done so far:
Lesson 10-15
FAQ 1-28

Todo:
Rest of Mainlessons
Rest of FAQ
Tantra Lessons
Topic-Index
Ayurveda Diet
Forum

Still a lot to go, but i thought its time to publish it, so maybe people can benefit from the first FAQ translations.

Thanks!
Pan
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  06:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Panthau

That's great - your site looks good

just a little detail:

Noticed that this lesson has the wrong number, it is lesson 15, right?

Lektion 14: F&A: Meditation: "Ruhelosigkeit"

Happy translating
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  06:53:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Unfortunately i lack on feedback :)
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  10:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kashiraja

Hi Yogani,
Lesson 46, A. first paragraph
"This will manifest as an emptying of the lungs and then a drawing up from near the bottom of the spine".
What is drawn up. Do you mean just a drawing up of muscles or Prana and can I express that in my translation for clarification.

Hi kashiraja:

It is both physical and energetic (pranic). In time, it is less physical and more energetic, which is the whole body mudra effect. But that is jumping ahead.

Hope that helps.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It seems like AYP is helping me to let go. This again, helps me to translate :)

I hope it isnt a problem, that ive chosen the same domain name. I thought thats also a good way to find it through google.

http://aypsite.at

Done so far:
Lesson 10-15
FAQ 1-28

Todo:
Rest of Mainlessons
Rest of FAQ
Tantra Lessons
Topic-Index
Ayurveda Diet
Forum

Still a lot to go, but i thought its time to publish it, so maybe people can benefit from the first FAQ translations.

Thanks!
Pan

Hi Pan:

Thanks for taking the initiative. The site looks great.

While I do not read German, it appears you are using Wikipedia links to describe terms like meditation, mantra, pranayama, samyama, etc, in the AYP introduction. This can be confusing for those reading the translation, because those links many not provide a view on these terms consistent with the AYP writings. This is not to say that one is right and the other is wrong, only that they are not going to be consistent. It would be fine to use such links in a general discussion about spiritual practices, but not in an introduction that is specific to the AYP system. The Yogani Wikipedia link is fine, but it is requested to move the others out of the AYP introduction. Then I will be happy to add your translation link to the list.

The same goes for any definitions, commentary or forum discussions by others. They should be kept separate from the AYP lessons to minimize confusion about what is AYP writing and what is coming from other sources.

Regarding translating the Forum FAQs, that may not be an easy task. These will be changing over time, and they usually link to multiple other forum topics. It may be best to leave translation of the forum FAQs, and the forums in general, to the automated Google Translator Tool found at the bottom of every website page. That tool is far from perfect, but does address what is current. There is no way anyone can manually translate the thousands of topics in the forums, at least not in this lifetime.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  12:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Done :-)

(I may be sometimes a bit over the top, but not enough to ever translate a whole forum :P)

Thanks
Pan

I wonder, why am i not moderated?

Edited by - Panthau on Jun 01 2010 12:36:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  8:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Done :-)

(I may be sometimes a bit over the top, but not enough to ever translate a whole forum :P)

Thanks
Pan

I wonder, why am i not moderated?

Thanks much, Pan.

Have added your German translation link to the list.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  10:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi again,

Atb,
Pan

Hi Panthau,

do you know that I am working on a German translation already.

http://ayp.forenworld.eu/portal.php

What's about the stuff you created, could I use it?
Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  10:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Lesson 46, A. 6th paragraph.

"So, the effect of meditation on chakras is to calm them, to still them."

It is clear to me what I have to translate.

But, to my understanding the calming concerns only the lower three chakras. The upper three chakras are stimulated.
Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  11:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again,

sorry, Lesson 47,A. 6th paragraph.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  11:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Yogani,

Lesson 47, A. 6th paragraph.

"So, the effect of meditation on chakras is to calm them, to still them."

It is clear to me what I have to translate.

But, to my understanding the calming concerns only the lower three chakras. The upper three chakras are stimulated.

Hi kashiraja:

I'll stick by what is said in the lesson. Deep meditation cultivates inner silence throughout the nervous system, and beyond. Experiences may vary from time to time. Such is the process of purification and opening in each of us, and the unfathomable karma behind it. It is all stillness in action.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  1:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Panthau,

do you know that I am working on a German translation already.

http://ayp.forenworld.eu/portal.php

What's about the stuff you created, could I use it?

Hi!

Yup, ive seen your translation, but i wanted to fit it in a more suitable design, which motivates more to read the stuff :)
The other reason to do my own thing is, that i have another translation style, i try to translate it as near as possible.

Of course you can use all the stuff, though im not as far as you are.
Only requirement is that you link back for every article, like "source:http://aypsite.at."

Atb,
Pan
Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  04:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

I am happy to inform you that I am working on a new website to offer to french speaking persons a translation of the lessons.
With the agreement of French Yahoo group I will have on line the 221 lessons already translated and begin my own translation with lesson 222 and the tantra lessons.
I am confident it will be ready for the end of july with at least 60 main lessons and a few tantra lessons.
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  08:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds great Buffle :)

Btw, kashiraja, i forget to mention, that i think theres place for both translation, as we´re having different styles. Its always good if people can choose :)
Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  4:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pantau,
I think to translate the lessons is the best way to become aquainted with the material. So everyone is welcome to start his/her own translation.
Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  5:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,
today I counted the hits on the lessons of my german translation.

http://ayp.forenworld.eu/portal.php#n

Altogether it is about 1000 hits in about three month on meanwhile about 50 lessons.

That's not too much and while I can't proof that I guess that almost everyone of that hits came through my own advertesing on different german forums.

The reason why I think so is first, that my advertesing on german sites should be good for the above mentioned hits.
Second: Your link to the foreign translations is rather hidden behind many other things. S.o. has to be proficient in English and read and click a lot through your pages before he will find out, that there are some translations, maybe even in his own language. But such a person doesn't need a translation. For him it is best to stick with the original version.

But s.o. stumbling on your site having difficulties to understand because of his poor english won't make it to the translations and maybe is lost for ayp.

Therefore my suggestion: Isn't it possible to integrate into each of your sits a flag with the link(s) of the language where a translation is available as it has become standard for websites.

Everyone interested in a translation will first look out for such a flag indicating his own language.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  7:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Therefore my suggestion: Isn't it possible to integrate into each of your sits a flag with the link(s) of the language where a translation is available as it has become standard for websites.

Everyone interested in a translation will first look out for such a flag indicating his own language.

Hi kashiraja:

Flags would be great, but so far I have not figured out how we could do that with multiple translations at different levels of completion. That is why we have kept using a list.

The list is actually in two places, at the beginning of this topic, and in the AYP website links section. On the main website, direct links to the list are given in three places on every page (top menu, left side menu, and bottom link along with the Google translator tool), and in the forums in two places on every page (left side menu and bottom link along with the Google translator tool). Admittedly, the reader has to be able to recognize the words "languages" or "international translations" to find these.

It would certainly be a plus to use a masthead of flags somewhere and link that to the translations list in the links section. Will put it on the "to do" list.

Thanks for the suggestion, and for the German translation work. I am sure the traffic will grow over time. We'll do what we can on this end to help.

The guru is in you.

PS: I was informed recently that the Arabic AYP translation has over 100 readers now. That is pretty exciting. It is not so much about absolute numbers as it is about how we are doing this year compared to last year. It is all growing...

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  2:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kashiraja and All:

A "flags icon" has been added on top of the left side border on all AYP website and forum pages. It links to a new translations page that replaces the translation links that were on the links page.

It was not practical to provide individual flag links to translations in the various languages, because we have more than ten human (manual) translations (more than one for some languages), plus the Google Automated Translation Tool covering about 35 languages. So we are linking to one page that has everything on it, and hopefully easier to find now with the "flags icon" on the top-left of every page.

Thanks for the suggestion. May many more people easily find the AYP writings in their own language.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  6:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani,

great, I think that's a pritty good solution you found.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  6:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks Yogani,

great, I think that's a pritty good solution you found.

Hi kashiraja:

Just added individual flags for the various languages shown on the new translations page.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000