Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 another group meditation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  09:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hopefully I am not overstepping my boundries here. I would be interested in a group meditation on saturdays if anyone else would like to participate. For me saturdays work better then sundays, although I did particpate yesterday and some sundays will work. Saturdays I stay around the house a lot and unwind, sometimes fast aw well, etc... We could do the same time frame as sunday.
thought I would throw it into the universe.
Neil

Edited by - brother neil on Sep 01 2008 10:00:35 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  2:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful idea Neil.
I will not be able to make it on (most) Saturday, but I am sure there will be others who could.

Anyone interested in AYP Long Distance Group Meditation on Saturday?
Even if there are a few who speak up, we could start it and there will be others who will join in, even if they don't speak up.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  3:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good to me I would love to join in
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  10:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tubeseeker

Tell me the time and if I can make it I would be delighted
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  9:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
we could just use the same times as the sunday meditation, that way I dont have to figure out the timezones
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  03:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tubeseeker

we could just use the same times as the sunday meditation, that way I dont have to figure out the timezones

Good thinking I'll put the alarm into my mobile phone or as you might call it - cell phone
This is the best method I have found for remembering the meditations.
Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  08:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So going forward, we will have a Long distance meditation group on Saturday.. starting at 11.15 am eastern time USA.
8.15 am PT (USA)
9.15 am MT(USA)
10.15 am CT(USA)
11.15am ET(USA)
11.15 am Toronto
4.15pm Dublin
4.15 pm UK
5.15 pm Norway
5.15pm Germany
6.15pm Sofia/Bulgaria
8.45pm India.

To find your local time you can check
The World Clock - Time Zones or use the The World Clock - Time Zone Converter

We will use the same samyama list? Or no samyama on Saturday?

Edited by - Shanti on Sep 05 2008 08:08:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  08:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti

I think using the same Sam list is the best idea its going to get too complicated otherwise and also make more work for you

Individuals can always chose whether to carry on and do Samyama or just Finnish at the end of their med.

Edited by - Richard on Sep 05 2008 08:59:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  09:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds great Richard.
Thank You.

I will modify the list to add the 2 dates and add a new topic about all the long distance meditations groups we have currently with times, instructions etc.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  09:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good to me.

I am sure all the others will join me in saying thanks for all you work
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  4:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
shant, thanks for your assistance
thanks to all who are participating
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000