Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 To stay put in the eye
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  3:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Shweta

Thank you!

This post is a response to your question in the "Drop til you drop" topic......I'll come back with the link.

Ok...here it is:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4351

quote:
Hi Katrine,
When you say you live in "the eye".. do you mean third eye or your physical eyes?

Both and neither......let me see if I can explain....
During one of my walks to work earlier this week I was so full of joy walking through the graveyard.....there are so many beautiful flowers and awsome trees there.....and the grass is so, so green.......and while I earlier used to look at it all with my eyes........the way I perceive now is completely different. Instead of looking at the world.......I am quiet.....collected inside.....I rest in myself.....and what happens is that all the beauty pours in through the gate that is the third eye.....which is not an organ.....it is just an openness...like the pupilla of the presence. It is like having a V on the forhead....the bottom of it located between the eyes....and the top going all the way up blending into the frontal fontanella and the crown. Everything within the V is the pupilla...the openness .....I am split open.....and I tried to verbalize it through a poem.....but it couldn't be done. All I could say was

Today I drink the world
and what pours in
lands in heart
where it smiles
and radiates back
the preciousness

But it wasn't quiet it.....because there is no act of drinking. There is only receiving of the drink. I call it drink because it falls into heart...like a liquid...just very subtle....and when it reaches the heart there is smiling ....and the smiling makes the liquid potent and then spreads it like a vapour.

So....to me...it feels like my eyes are not looking (there is no waste of energy through them) yet they see what they see.....they discern the objects...., but the third eye is an open gate that is the same as the presence.....the third eye is the awareness......it is connected to heart and navel. And the most peacefull rest is in the navel......all the way down...but the spreading is from heart (I don't know why that is.....maybe spreading can come from navel too....I don't know)

So.....when I say I "stay put in the eye"........I guess you could say it is like being in the eye of the hurricane....being in the pupilla......being the awareness. The clarity is immense and likewise the peace......and when drinking the world...the joy.... is the love.... is the reason it has to move back out.

When in consultation with people...this is how I perceive.....how I read them.....it is a wordless coming in of information. I am very quiet.....and then the speaking is effortless. It is not that I know what to say.....there is just the saying of it.
When being ready with my hands....it is the same. Something pours in....and at the same time spreads ......

I am silently crying right now.......because my hands want to receive and spread and my heart wants to listen and inform the ones in need.....yet right now noone else is here (other than my flowers ....I commune with them). It is like being full of love and ache at the same time.....I don't understand it yet.....this ache (it is not the ache for God...it is different)....I have to cry even though I am blissfull

But I do know I am being moved. The above is the work I am here for........I am through working in the office......it may be months....a year at the most....but not more than that. I trust that. I will jump when needed. And then the rest will just materialize. People are trickling in......one now and then....and then there is the meditation group starting on Wednesday.......

Ok.....this is about all
Thanks for that question, Shweta......

Edited by - Katrine on Aug 28 2008 3:18:53 PM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  4:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
listen to Nithyananda's explanation in Balancing between I & Mine - Discourse & Meditation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMO9gjpZ7GU

I just listened to him.....that was great, Shanti, thank you!

Yes.....he said "by doing this technique the seeing is transformed into the seer"....

Yes......so it seems that what I call the looking......he calls the seeing.........and what I call the openness/pupilla/awareness ...he calls the seer......

And I can see now why there is not full understanding of the ache....it is because in his case (Nithyananda) the identity is one and the same.....he is fully merged with the awareness. That is why he says "seer".......yes.....

You see....when I perceive the presence.....then i am gone.....there is only the spacious love.......but to embody it fully I sense that there must be a full understanding of the fact that it is also the identity of what I am. And this understanding is connected to the work I yearn to do.

In other words:

I am not gone.

I am very much right here.

I am
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  5:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful posts Katrine, thank you.
Your perceiving of the world like that sounds amazing.

You said:
I am not gone.

I am very much right here.

I am

I really love that you said this
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  9:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

I am silently crying right now.......because my hands want to receive and spread and my heart wants to listen and inform the ones in need.....yet right now noone else is here (other than my flowers ....I commune with them). It is like being full of love and ache at the same time.....I don't understand it yet.....this ache (it is not the ache for God...it is different)....I have to cry even though I am blissfull

Beautiful post Katrine.
Thank you.
Anytime you feel lonely and want to spread the love.. send some my way... I am always ready to receive.

The pain you feel is energy moving.. don't remember how you were with the crown.. but you may want to try and let the the energy move upwards... it wants to move out. I have found this a great release for this ache (the not for God kind). Just feel the crown wide open and let the energy flow out into the world.

But then as you know, you have to be careful with the crown. Don't push too much.. and yet don't be afraid to try. Like Yogani says it's OK to experiment.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  3:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta

quote:
Anytime you feel lonely and want to spread the love.. send some my way... I am always ready to receive.

That's great I will remember, Shweta

By the way......I never feel lonely. On the contrary - I feel full, though alone. I haven't felt loneliness since the divorce last year. And the ache is ..........it reminds me of being overdue when I was pregnant with my daughters....you know, going days over the set time for birth.....that kind of....ache

You suggest letting out through the crown.....ok....I'll taste that food for a while before doing it......but you could be dead on. There is always something happening up there....maybe it's time I let it out......as Andrew said ......in the post linked above, it might be that it is the carefulness of the crown opening that holds me back......I never go up there, you see. I flow through the Ajna.

Of course....birth happens in due time
So I'll follow the moment at hand.

Amen to that !
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  4:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,
quote:

......as Anthem11 said ......in the post linked above, it might be that it is the carefulness of the crown opening that holds me back...

Just following along, but not very well it seems because I couldn't see the link to those words you spoke of in the quote here?
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  5:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
*laughing*...........

Sorry, Andrew.......

Hang on......I'll go look for the right topic...

**********laughing***********
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  5:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, Andrew....here it is:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4351

I think I mixed who said what......and you didn't mention the crown....but what I ment was the general discussion of being too afraid of adding practises....or allowing changes....when it comes to energy balanced with silence.

In my case......it has been crucial to stay away from the crown up until now.

And - as long as there is already activity going on up there....it seems things are taking care of themselves. There is an inflow up there......
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  5:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for clarifying. Ironically, when I think about it, I may have said such a thing a year or two back in a post, that's why it rang a bell and I was looking for those words.
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  01:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

love your posts katrine. yes, spontaneous sensitivity tuned into the oneness realm

this flow is the expansive now. its magic is in having dissolved the 'i'. its truth the allowing that flows. its reality is the stillness that holds the knowing that enables divine patience.

gratitude, divine one!

aum

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  04:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
The pain you feel is energy moving.. don't remember how you were with the crown.. but you may want to try and let the the energy move upwards... it wants to move out. I have found this a great release for this ache (the not for God kind). Just feel the crown wide open and let the energy flow out into the world.

I find this interesting Shanti because what I take out of Katrine's words is that the ache is an ache to "give" or the "serve" and when this need for spontaneous giving or serving is not being fully fulfilled, their may be an ache like this. (Maybe Katrine can clarify if this is in anyway accurate)

I guess that you are picking up the same meaning and are suggesting that this ache to serve can be dissolved through expansion of the crown. Have I got this right or am I in the land of the leprechauns
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  04:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nandhi

quote:
this flow is the expansive now. its magic is in having dissolved the 'i'. its truth the allowing that flows. its reality is the stillness that holds the knowing that enables divine patience.

I love your poetic expressions. Thank you

So....the "stillness that holds the knowing".......this is what I perceive as the real I. Since I am here as a human being....this is the real identity..

This fact is what still needs to be fully drunk......so that the understanding is embodied.

Please correct me If I am wrong, Nandhi......
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  04:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis

quote:
I find this interesting Shanti because what I take out of Katrine's words is that the ache is an ache to "give" or the "serve" and when this need for spontaneous giving or serving is not being fully fulfilled, their may be an ache like this. (Maybe Katrine can clarify if this is in anyway accurate)

This is exactly it
I am full to the brim......and I yearn to give.......
It is not enough that I give at work...to collegues and customers......in communion with my daughters.....with fellow singers......with friends.....strangers in the street...

I want to flow towards the ones that are themselves on a road to giving. So that the multiplying effect.....the resonance....... is the greatest.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  08:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The limitations of form are only in the mind.. and keeping the energy within is a concept that keeps the energy within.

The experience I had was one of spontaneous crown opening followed by the experience of the inside and outside being the same.. the same awareness.. at first we go inwards to find the silence, the awareness.. but it is everywhere.. in every form and non-form. From childhood we are taught to keep ourselves bound to this form.. and once the crown is open.. we are no longer just holding energy within.. because really.. there is no within.. if the mind did not think that the energy belongs to "me", or that the energy is flowing through me.. and I am overflowing with it.. and I am giving it away.. and I need to open.. none of it would exist.

Please don't get me wrong.. I am not trying to say these concepts are wrong.. drop it.. etc.. It will stay for as long as it will stay and then dissolve away.. Just being open to the idea that our boundaries are not solid.. they appear solid because they are made of ice.. but stay open to the idea that there is a chance of it (the boundaries) melting away. I have lived in the "me" for the longest time.. and believed all of what I have written above.. and still do to some degree.. but the boundaries between the "inside" and "outside", the "me" and the "mine" are getting more fluid.

This is not something you can get with the mind.. you need to experience it. The only way to do it is keep practicing meditation etc. In Katrine's case, maybe working with the crown will help... dunno.. just a suggestion.

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 30 2008 10:14:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  1:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  5:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti

quote:
The experience I had was one of spontaneous crown opening followed by the experience of the inside and outside being the same.. the same awareness.. at first we go inwards to find the silence, the awareness.. but it is everywhere.. in every form and non-form.

Yes. This is clear. When quiet....when with stillness...I never feel a difference between inside and outside. The whole issue is gone. The chuckling presence is absolutely all over the place. I am everywhere.......everything is perceived as the same presence.....And the body is only slightly more familiar than that of the person standing next to me. Only in that sence is it "my" body.
There is already energy streaming out of and into the crown, I guess, or else this perception would not be so clear.

But I still feel an inner pull to spread specifically....as if there is a hidden design that can only come fully into function when acted upon. I have pondered this issue today.....The ache is a yearning to serve (perhaps this is a more accurate term than "giving") And I am not sure that this ache....the pull to serve.....is something that should be relieved in any other way than just that: Serving.

See.....the prime desire is not relief of the ache. The prime desire is the specific serving.

But the "letting it out of the crown" is something I will continue to chew, liquify and swallow........I'll report back if I happen to go in that direction....

Thank you, Shweta

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  03:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Today I drink the world
and what pours in
lands in heart
where it smiles
and radiates back
the preciousness

So....the "stillness that holds the knowing".......this is what I perceive as the real I. Since I am here as a human being....this is the real identity..

This fact is what still needs to be fully drunk......so that the understanding is embodied.

aum

yes, like a new born each moment!

at first- drunk in the bliss of the real and unreal as one that expands to be everything to witness ourselves in the human cage and the essence that is liberated to simple BE.

then- realizing the spirit as the yogic experience that adorns the 'me' 'i' mind that perceives to awaken to purpose to be in the human that is limited to the numbers of breath, the spirit of the breathless and the mind within breath- seeking union through this stillness. this is tapas. this is the tantric 'weaving'- that which causes the inner fire.

inspired in the knowing, life's journey is a pilgrimage that evolves in having completed its purpose while sustained in the evolved grace of source.

katrine, thank you for sublime words that unfolds these thoughts.

aum

Edited by - nandhi on Sep 01 2008 04:04:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  2:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nandhi.....that was absolutely beautiful.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  01:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

katrine, always nice to be 'drunk'!

gratitude!
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  8:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
samsara's a storm

with a hurricane's eye

so stay safe and warm

in that hurricane's I
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000