Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari -- tender pharynx
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  9:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I've been in full Kechari for about 2 and a half weeks now. What I've been finding is that in the very earliest days I could stay in for long because the entire pharynx became quite tender. When it gets tender like that, the thin mucus layer on it seems to start to become more viscous and eventually so much so that the tongue will not slip on it it -- I believe this is the 'dry' pharynx of which Yogani speaks in the lessons.

But over the course of the few weeks, it has become less tender over time and I'm finding that my tongue is able to spend more or more time in there. My max was about 20 minutes per day in the very early days, now it is more than an hour. I think eventually, there will be no limit; my pharynx will adapt, kind of like the eyes gradually adapt to a hard contact lens.

I'm wondering if the others who have reached full Kechari have had a similar experience?

-David

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  03:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just gets easier and easier. I often find myself in kechari during my day without having conciously doing it. I am driving to work and realize that my tongue is in kechari. Its getting more and more comfortable to do when not eating or speaking. Just a natural resting place for my tongue. i don't believe that my pharynx was as tender as yours but certainly felt like an effort for awhile. Now no effort at all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000