Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Sharing Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  3:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Lately I have noticed that the energy of others has a pretty significant impact on me. We all know of psychic vampires that come around only to zap and feed off of our energy. We try to ground ourselves and not let them impact our enery fields - sometimes successfully and sometimes not. We also notice that attractive people (physically or mentally) can give us a little energy nudge. This too can be a distraction because we can get caught up in the Maya and lose our grounding.

More specifically, there has to be some co-mingling of energy fields with people (or animals and plants for that matter) that we can consciously work with. To hold your loved ones hand after many years still feels pretty good. What's that about? Not to mention a tender touch, a kiss and so on...Obviously when we become aroused our second chakra becomes active enough to cause visible swelling. Can our other chakras become as affected by others energy?

I love music. I am a guitarist. When I hear an incredible song and I get affected by it, I can feel ecstatic conductivity rise into the crown. My crown is active now as I type this.

I have noticed that the longer that I have been in this meditation lifestyle the more that I begin to notice when something affects my energy in a positive or negative way. I bet that there is probably a slew of tantric techniques out there to take advantage of co-mingling energies. Perhaps creating energy circuits with your lover through combined or mutual mudras, such as a kiss, touching fingertips together, eye contact etc..

Any pioneers out there that could offer some revelations?
With Peace and Respect,
Paul

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  09:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Paul,

It is very nice that you are able to have positive impact from the others around you. I am not sensitive enough to judge the energy impact of relationships and social interaction but have the feeling that relationships and social activity rather take up energy in one form or another. Of course they also offer invaluabe things that every one of us needs but not in terms of energy. This is subjective and I am sure that the rest have a lot more deep and meaningful things to add

Edited by - Lili on Aug 17 2005 5:02:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  1:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Paul:

As ecstatic conductivity advances, our inward sensitivity in all things increases. Then a glance or gentle touch of our beloved can send us into an ecstatic reverie. Ramakrishna, the great 19th century sage, was famous for literally falling down in bliss at the mere thought of his ishta (chosen ideal), the divine goddess.

This is how progress in tantra expands to greater sensitivity, yielding divine ecstasy. It comes with the opening of inner sensory experience -- ecstatic conductivity throughout the nervous system. And, as you are noticing, all the things we love will touch us more deeply, even in small doses -- our ishta, our lover, our music, our art, our sacred work, etc. In time, all of life can become filled with the many dimensions of ecstatic bliss.

Certainly the flow of energy can be felt coming from us going outward as well. The more pure our nervous system becomes and the more we spontaneously radiate our innate joy, the more will be flowing out in the form of divine love. That will influence everyone around us, and be perceived by others according to their own inner sensitivities.

As for the suction of energy vampires, etc., we become more aware of that too, but our vulnerability to it does not increase. We just have a better barometer on the energy dynamics around and within us, so we are able to manage and navigate through the energies more wisely than we did before. This is covered in a variety of ways in the "Secrets of Wilder" novel.

While we become more sensitive, we also become unshakable like the proverbial "rock" due to our rising inner silence. So, while we are becoming infinitely more sensitive and attuned through ecstatic conductivity, we are also becoming infinitely more stable and peaceful through our inner silence. These two together comprise the two essential poles of enlightenment. That is why we build up the AYP practices the way we do -- so we can cultivate both in a balanced way.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  3:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani for the input.
Your last paragraph really makes so much sense. Inner rising ecstatic conductivity + inner silence (Shakti + Shiva the 2 central poles of enlightenment). Taking meditation out of the meditation room and applying it in every awakened moment. When we realize that we are getting caught up in the world, we try and catch ourselves (gently return to the mantra) and witness what is going on from our higher consciousness (hopefully with a gentle smile). Over time it becomes second nature - in the same way that it becomes easier to gently stay with the mantra.

Now regarding Tantra. Playing with the ecstatic conductivity and mutually sharing it with your loved one. I am curious to explore this more fully. My wife is an AYP practioner as well. Years ago we purchased a book by Margo Anand called the Art of Sexual Ecstasy. We dabbled with it some but I think that at that time, I probably wasn't ready for it fully. I think that it is time to dig this book out and give it another look.

Has anyone out there had any experiences with Margo Anands methods? I recently heard that she was a follower of Osho. I recall that Deepok Chopra was impressed with her teachings.

This is the Tantra section of the forum right? We've got to have some dabbling Tantrics out there. Seed retention is important, but there has got to be some other advanced techniques to enhance ecstatic conductivity and inner silence. In the meantime, I'm going to do some homework this weekend....
With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

quickstudy

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  5:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit quickstudy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"...We wanted to maintain sexual arousal, so when the excitement began to fade, we returned to our usual style of lovemaking. Then, just before the peak of orgasmic release, we stopped, relaxed, and became still once more. We repeated this pattern several times, and then something totally unexpected happened. Suddenly, we both seemed to be floating in an unbounded space filled with warmth and light. The boundaries between our bodies dissolved and, along with them, the distinctions between man and woman. We were one. The experience became timeless, and we seemed to remain like this forever. There was no need to have an orgasm. There was no need to make love. There was nothing to do, nothing to achieve. We were in ecstasy."

~Margo Anand
From the Introduction to "The Art of Sexual Ecstasy"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000