New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  12:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have gained tremendous benefit from amaroli since I started it a little more than six months ago.

This is an observation/tip/invitation for comments. It could be particularly useful for someone who does not like the taste.

If you have drunk a lot of fluids, your kidneys will tend to get rid of a lot of water and your urine will be less concentrated. You can easily see this by looking at the urine -- if you have drunk a lot of water recently, it can be a golden color or even pale yellow. With less water in your body it will be a much darker color.

My thinking is that water content of the urine dilutes it, so that depending on how concentrated it is, it may be appropriate to use more or less for morning amaroli.

My practice is to judge the concentration of the urine by looking at the color when it is in a white container. (If you put it in a glass and place the glass on a white sink or surface you'll see it very well too.) If it is concentrated, I then dilute it with water until it is a nice golden color. I aim for regular amount of this urine which is adjusted in concentration this way.

The other nice thing about this practice is that, when it is too concentrated, the taste may be unpleasantly strong. With dilution, it tends to be a lot better.

-D

roberto128

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  3:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit roberto128's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David:
What is your regimen? How much and how often?
Thanks,
Rob
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  5:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Roberto,

I do it in the morning as soon as I get up. I drink around a glass (half pint) of this concentration-adjusted urine of which I speak.

There is no hard and fast rule, but I think that about a glass or cup is what most people settle on.

http://www.aypsite.org/amaroli.html

-David

quote:
Originally posted by roberto128

David:
What is your regimen? How much and how often?
Thanks,
Rob

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  6:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
same here. 8 oz first thing in the morning. I had been doing 4 oz for about 6 months and recently increased to 8. I feel that it is important to do on an empty stonach so first thing is best. I never mix with any food in my stomach though a little water feels fine. I liek what David said about adjusting for strength as it can be a little tough to take when it is highly concntrated. Seems like a basi Lager Beer color is best, not so palatable if it looks like a Guiness Stout.
Go to Top of Page

veritasophia

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  10:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit veritasophia's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do the same, first thing in the morning. I also drink everything that comes out until lunch time (about 4 glass fulls) - breakfast of champions . Sometimes I'll have more during the rest of the day, depends on how I feel at the time; if I'm attracted to do so or not.

I usually save evening urine for the following morning's shower. Its a very invigorating cleanser.

It may take a while to get used to, most people' reaction is . If you treat it as help from God for your well-being, it may make it easier to drink up. Enjoy!

Edited by - veritasophia on Aug 14 2005 10:52:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  11:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It may help people to know that freshly-passed urine is not really smelly at all either.

Urine only gets quite smelly after the air has had some time to react with it.

>> I do the same, first thing in the morning. I also drink everything that comes out until lunch time (about 4 glass fulls) - breakfast of champions

This is an interesting idea that I have not tried exactly, but I have tried taking a small glass full about 20 minutes before lunch.
It definitely perks me up.

-D

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 03 2006 11:10:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

gkrheera

India
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  04:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit gkrheera's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been practicing amaroli for the last 18 months and it has greatly benifited me health wise. On reading damar tantra I found that shivambu can be combined with certain ayurvedic drugs to enhance benefits. Has anyone tried it?
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2006 :  11:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I would like to try amaroli. Have a few questions:

1. Do I have to be more "advanced" in order to benefit from it?

2. How long does it usually take to see the benefits?

3. I have read from the lessons that a few drops are enough to have effects. Will the effects still be obvious if I just use a few drops?

4. Can I put that few drops into a large glass of water before I drink it?

5. Should I take it before or after my morning yoga practices?

Thanks for any sharing.

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Jan 02 2006 12:09:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2006 :  11:04:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alvin,

don't be shy about starting your own thread, btw. That goes for a lot of other people on the forum too!

>> 1. Do I have to be more "advanced" in order to benefit from it?

Not at all. But being 'advanced', in the sense of being more highly attuned to your physical and mental energies, may help you to notice it. But you can be highly attuned to your energies and not notice it. It is a very individual thing.

>> 2. How long does it usually take to see the benefits?

Some feel the effects straight away. For others the benefits kick in in several weeks.

I noticed that I was cured of leprosy and tubercolosis straight away! Faster than I had hoped from reading the scriptures!

>> 3. I have read from the lessons that a few drops are enough to have effects. Will the effects still be obvious if I just use a few drops?

A few drops were enough to get me to notice it -- that's an individual thing again. But a few drops was always my starting dose, never my target dose.

Note that I was using the starting dosage of a few drops only because I was having significant side-effects as my body got used to it. So I started on the small dosage and ramped my dosage up.

Some people can leap for the 'full' dosage without any noticeable side-effects.

>> 4. Can I put that few drops into a large glass of water before I drink it?

Certainly. And then you can increase the number of drops over time until eventually you have close to the full dose of a cup of urine in the glass.

I see two possible reasons to want to do it this way.

One is if you are experiencing significant side-effects and need to ramp up slowly.

Another is the 'yuck' factor -- if you are finding it hard to drink your urine, you can make it easy for yourself by starting with a very low concentration and ramping it up, in which case you probably won't find it hard at all. In this case, you might want to start with more than a few drops, say 2% urine in a glass (which you probably will hardly taste) and ramp that up: 2% for a week or two, then 4%, then onwards until you are consuming the 'full amount'.

If on the other hand, you neither experience side-effects nor have any problems with the yuck-factor, there is no reason not to go straight for (or much more quickly towards) the full dosage.

It is surely not the concentration of urine that matters, but the amount of non-water urine substance that you consume. I almost always dilute my own in water, except in the rare cases when my urine is very dilute already (for example after I have drunk a lot of water). And I only dilute because I prefer drinking it dilute.

Do drink on an empty stomach though, with nothing else but possibly water, and give it twenty minutes before you eat or drink anything else.

>> 5. Should I take it before or after my morning yoga practices?

I do it first thing on getting up, and before meditation, and that is recommended in the tradition. I do notice that the practice does pull my mind inwards a little and helps with the meditation.

There are probably many different modes of action to amaroli (and I think one of them is hormesis) -- one of them may also be hormonal -- morning urine does contain hormones such as melatonin, for example, a hormone you secrete while asleep. This (and this is purely speculative) may help you with the meditation.

Regards,

-D

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 04 2006 12:12:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  10:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David - Thanks for all the amaroli info. I think I'd like to give it a whirl, but I'd like to know what you (or anyone else who's practicing this) think about doing the practice if one is a coffee drinker. Do you think the caffeine or the acidic quality of the coffee negates any benefits? Or is that irrelevant. A naive question, I suspect, but I'm curious. I wouldn't be drinking it alongside my morning coffee, of course, and I also wouldn't be mixing it into my morning coffee. :) I think I'd be doing it first thing in the a.m.

Thanks for any responses.

Go to Top of Page

love

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  11:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit love's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David: I was also wondering if you can do it on a fruit diet since fruit is very cleansing. It seems like you will be drinking the toxins your body is releasing. What do you do you think.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  11:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg,

no, I don't expect any specific problems due to drinking coffee -- and see the answer to Love:

Love,

the idea of healing-by-hormesis is that the body's defenses are activated by exposing it to a small amount of a toxin. It could be viewed in a way as giving your body's defenses some exercise.

The toxins that would be in your own urine would be naturally tailored to your own needs and ideal for this stimulation of your defenses.

The way I see it, the effect would probably only be enhanced if your fruit diet is leading to the elimination of extra toxins.

Of course, hormesis is only good when the dosage is small -- obviously, putting all, or too much of the toxins back would be bad, so drinking all of your urine would be obviously bad. The dosage should be big enough to provoke a reaction, but not so big that it produces significant toxicity of its own. The yoga tradition has I expect found for us, in the 'cup of urine' what is a good, optimal dosage, small but not too small.

So Meg, if your body is 'unhappy' with the coffee, there may be some negative chemical result of that in your urine, and your doing amaroli may stimulate your body to defend itself against that negative result.

Regards,

-David

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 04 2006 2:24:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  11:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

By the way, hormesis is scientifically a perfectly respectable effect. It shows up consistently in studies --

see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis

Possible explanation
The reason for the hormesis phenomenon is not completely understood. It is conjectured that a low dose challenge with a toxin may jump start certain repair mechanisms in the body, and these mechanisms are efficient enough that they not only neutralize the toxin's effect, but even repair other defects not caused by the toxin. This is similar in principle to viral vector vaccines under development for diseases such as cancer and AIDS.

Similarly, continuing or intermittent mild stressors such as exercise, environmental fluctuations and even food limitations would seem to stimulate tolerance to sudden similar but more severe demands made upon the organism.

Interestingly, btw, hormesis is found throughout the spectrum of life -- plants also exhibit it!

Hormesis is a perfectly respectable effect, but it is not very well known in the scientific community. One possible reason that it is not well-known is that it may have been scientifically stigmatized through association with homeopathy, which does not produce any results in scientific studies. Homeopathy is based on a similar theory, but in homeopathy the dosage of the toxin is driven so low that no results can be found in scientific studies.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 04 2006 12:14:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

love

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  2:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit love's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David:

Thanks. This is a great place.

Thank you Yogani for starting it.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  10:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I suggest to just do it. I have been doing amaroli 8 oz every morning for about a year. Hard to say if some of the changes that my body has gone through in the past year are due to amaroli or AYP or my job or relationship changes or the stars or political climate.....
When I started I worried about diet. Now I just do it as habit before I brush my teeth and before sitting practice. It feels beneficial and I feel stronger and more balanced than before. Certainly no unpleasant or long term problems.
Go to Top of Page

love

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  12:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit love's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out the link on urine therapy: www.biomedx.com then click on urine therapy. You will learn all about the benefits and how to take your urine.

enjoy
love

Edited by - love on Jan 10 2006 09:20:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

patrick

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2006 :  11:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit patrick's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, i have been doing amaroli for 6 years now and i feel better and better, I drink 90% of it. When I eat raw food it tastes very good I have been doing liver flushes also using castor oil hot compresses on the liver for 3 days and on the fourth day i drink 8 onces of stone ground olive oil and 8 onces of organic lemon juice, I finnish with a coffee oenema. I am 56 years old and i feel like a 20 years old and i look like a healthy 40 years old, my idea is to be so clean inside myself that i can leave on the prana that surrounds us. I will be glad to have a discution and or answer any questions. To drink my urine the first time i went in the arizona desert with no water...Cheers, patrick
Go to Top of Page

love

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2006 :  12:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit love's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Patrick

You’re the kind of person I like to hang out with. Do you mean you drink 90% of your urine all throughout the day or 90% of your morning urine? (Have you done chompers or oximag yet?
Go to Top of Page

yogani99

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2006 :  11:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani99's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Patrick wrote here: hello, it is nice to read about people doing amaroli, I have been doing it for 6 years now and I feel better all the time, I am 56 years old and I look like a healthy 40 years old, never sick not like before, I had psoriasis, flu, shingles, pain in my body, now no pain and joy. I am a raw foodist which give a good tasting urine. I drink 90% of my urine and I massage my body with it which is the second half of the therapy. Cheers, patrick PS: I truly beleive that amaroli is the answer to the problems of this world, political, economical, psychological, environmental and social.

Hi Patrick, and welcome!

Amaroli is an important aspect of yoga for sure. But it is not all of yoga. Its effects are greatly enhanced when combined with a daily routine including deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama and other yogic methods. Likewise, amaroli improves the effectiveness of the other yoga practices. It is a balanced integration of practices that brings the greatest enhancement in all aspects of life -- physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.

There is a tendency we all have to go for the "magic bullet," i.e., the one thing that we hope (believe) will solve all things. Some folks go very deep into one thing looking for that, only to find later that they missed out on what a broader approach to self-improvement and spiritual development can yield.

Which is not to say that your path is too much of one thing. Only that there are other practices to consider that can enhance your excellent results even further. Perhaps you are well aware of this already, and are showing us only one aspect of your practice routine.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 21 2006 2:34:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

noche

Colombia
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  10:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit noche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
isn´t urea very toxic for brain cells? urea is the main product of urine, is the way that the body ejects amino acids already used in the body proteins. urea kills brain cells. see the urea cycle in any biochemistry book
a have visited the webpages about urine and how good is it. is like the perfect food. but i ask why does no animal drinks it? are they too stuped not to noticed that complete source of nutrients they are wasting? never forget mother nature. or is there and animal that drinks its own urine for nutricional pourpuses. or maybe they dont have spiritual poupuses...

in lakesh
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  12:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have observed american Buffalo(Bison) drink it. A female was urinating and a male came up behind her and drank all that he could. I never saw a Buffalo smile like that before! His eyes actually rolled back.
I have also observed Deer drinking human urine on a backpacking trip. They would wait until you had peed and then when you left they would munch on the wet ground where you had just been.
As far as it being toxic all I can say is my own experience of taking Amaroli for about a year now. I have had no ill effects at all thta I can tell and I feel generally stronger and in better health so I don't have any fears about it.

Edited by - Victor on Jan 29 2006 12:33:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

noche

Colombia
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  8:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit noche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mmmm. the only thing that truly convinces me is that the people thar are doing it feel better and healthier. i am starting to try it, i do neti with it, and if i produce sufficient urine i drink it. it feels sometimes like a spank on the face, guaaa! and i have to make the effort of not tasting it so much because then it could turn unpleasant. sometimes i think that the people that are doing it feel better because they have less neurons to worry about...

in lak´ech
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  8:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari OM
~~~~~~~

Hello Folks,
David (et.al)
can you advise on the tangible benefits you have experienced... this would be helpful. Some catagories:
> Spiritually
> Meditation practice
> Socially or during daily activities 'in the field'
> Medically ( measurable e.g. lower XXX or Higher YYY, stuff like that)

Thanks and appreciated , (if you have the time).

Frank In San Diego
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  10:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Noche,

of course there are 'toxins' in urine.

Read up (or the earlier posts) about hormesis to understand why it is sometimes good to take a small dose of toxin. It's counterintuitive, but true.

Killing brain cells, schmilling-brain cells.

The notion should be unpacked carefully. If something 'kills brain cells' it does not mean that it is bad, or that its ingestion should be stopped. Seriously.

In what dose does urea kill brain cells? Certainly not in the dose created by drinking some amaroli....

Because your kidneys don't make the urea, they only pump it out of the blood, and into the urine. You have urea in your blood all the time, because your liver makes the urea and puts it in the blood. Now, no-one says the liver should be removed because it puts something into the blood that 'kills brain cells', do they?

Certainly animals do not do amaroli on a regular basis. But that is not evidence that it is not good -- animals are not in tune with everything which is good for them. Besides, they find it hard to get the cups!

Cheers,

-David

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 30 2006 1:35:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  10:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. I intend to answer Frank's question when I get the chance. Feel free to remind me later.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  5:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just for the record, after reading this thread I was inspired to start amaroli a couple of days ago. Just taking half a glass in the morning.
It does feel good but by far the best benefit so far is the expressions on some friends faces when I told them what I was doing

My wife and daughter have allergies, does anyone know if amaroli might help this. If it worked for others in this regard they might be persuaded to try it.
S

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000