Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 "Higher" Beings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Proton

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  4:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Proton's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For a very interesting look into the possibility of "Higher" beings, advanced civilizations not of this planet ( no, not another UFO book!), and multiple "dimensions"/Universes, etc. read the captivating work of Physicist, Michio Kaku. His books are all available at amazon.com.
Before I read them, I considered all ideas of higher dimensions and beings as wishful "what if's", but Kaku ( in plain English anyone can grasp ) offers clear, logical, and very interesting explanations for what is not only possible, but very very probable.
Check them out if you'd like. Metaphisics and mysticism is okay, but cutting-edge physics now shading deeply into what sounds mystical and metaphysical is equally interesting. I think, anyway.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  06:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear proton, most of the practicioners here in ayp have met with higher beings now and then.

plus in yogani's book spinal breathing pranayama, yogani speaks about lower and higher beings and about the low and high vibrations and that practice like spinal breathing pranayam take the person to a state of higher vibrations where it is very likely that a person might encounter one of these higher beings you've mentioned.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Proton

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  7:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Proton's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You say that "most people" have met with "higher beings"? And what were they like? human-ish? Completely different than humans and/or animals? I'm just wondering because as I understand it, there are very deep image structures in the human psyche which some think of as "higher beings", but which are merely reflections of one's own personality....and contact with same amounts to one level of the self interacting with another level. On the other hand, true, distinct, "higher beings" would, I'd guess, be perhaps something that is intruded upon by altered consciousness of the Yogi. They might appear in forms that even defy description in any normal sense, and unless simply curious about the Yogi, their reaction might be one of surprise or fear or revulsion or complete indifference.
I mention this because man seems to have the knack ( in all cultures ) to be able to maintain a supreme sort of vanity whereby he somehow always thinks of himself as ending up as both the center of attention and the center of desire to "help" on the part of superior beings or life forms ( Gods, angels, demons, spirits, etc. ). But I've often wondered about why such beings would be any more interested in humans than humans are in ants crawling around in the nearest anthill?! I personally can't come up with any logical and good reasons for it. So, with this perspective in mind, I'm always skeptical about claims of contact with higher or superior beings or intelligences as happening either regularly or as containing any serious interaction....unless these contacts are just events where deep seated "built in" image structures ( reflections of the deep levels of personality ) happened to get triggered and then are percieved by the meditator.

Edited by - Proton on Jun 05 2008 12:11:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  11:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am hoping Ananda will answer this because I don't consider myself one of those who meet with higher beings. Except for communicating with God and receiving answers, which I do all the time. However I'd like to offer a couple points:
It is common as one progresses on the path to see that we all are part of the same continuum, so whether a being is part of oneself or not becomes a moot point. In other words, if you are the same entity as God, since God is everything, then you also are the same entity as anyone, in a sense. so any higher being could be considered a part of oneself, or not depending on how you look at it.

The other point is, the reason higher beings would be interested in humans is related to the first point. They wish to raise the consciousness of every being, so that the entity that contains all beings can reach a higher level of perception collectively, and because "higher beings" have an outpouring love for everyone unconditionally, so to them we are not lesser beings.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  12:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Proton

You say that "most people" have met with "higher beings"? And what were they like? human-ish? Completely different than humans and/or animals? I'm just wondering because as I understand it, there are very deep image structures in the human psyche which some think of as "higher beings", but which are merely reflections of one's one personality....and contact with same amounts to one level of the self interacting with another level. On the other hand, true, distinct, "higher beings" would, I'd guess, be perhaps something that is intruded upon by altered consciousness of the Yogi. They might appear in forms that even defy description in any normal sense, and unless simply curious about the Yogi, their reaction might be one of surprise or fear or revulsion or complete indifference.
I mention this because man seems to have the knack ( in all cultures ) to be able to maintain a supreme sort of vanity whereby he somehow always thinks of himself as ending up as both the center of attention and the center of desire to "help" on the part of superior beings or life forms ( Gods, angels, demons, spirits, etc. ). But I've often wondered about why such beings would be any more interested in humans than humans are in ants crawling around in the nearest anthill?! I personally can't come up with any logical and good reasons for it. So, with this perspective in mind, I'm always skeptical about claims of contact with higher or superior beings or intelligences as happening either regularly or as containing any serious interaction....unless these contacts are just events where deep seated "built in" image structures ( reflections of the deep levels of personality ) happened to get triggered and then are percieved by the meditator.

Hello again my friend :), and sorry for the late reply too bad i didn't notice it until today in the morning but didn't have the time to answer it then.

well first i am with etherfish's reply 200% and too bad it took me a while to learn that but thk god i'm here now.

but concerning to what you just proclaimed i have some answers about it since this area was sort of my expertise in the past and b4 continuing escuse my bad english.

k as you know here in the middle east we have vast cultures,traditions,system etc of spirituality.

and there are two kinds of people who deal with spirits here suffis and magicians or as we call them here sohara and rouhaneyin and healers.

and the sohara here deal with jin in particular and these are really easy to summon but you don't see a particular shape but the shape of a black shade in real life but in your dreams u see different shapes as animals and figures as those in chinese and japanese folklore etc

but concerning higher beings and the visions of angels and doves and divine smells and that amazing and toxicating stuff well it's the expertise of the rou7aneyin and the suffis in special.

and concerning jins and that stuff we're going to leave it behind cz that stuff is as you people name it in general (black magic) and plus there are higher and lower jins and some of them are musilm christians buddhists etc.

but for you to believe smthg like this you should experience it yourself and well for me i don't teach that stuff to anyone no matter what that person says or do cz this is bad stuff and it backfires when a person least expects too.

so i won't teach anyone such stuff nor point toward som1 who knows this stuff and if you're up to it seek and though wilt find.

and by the way jin feed on our energy and incense plus most of them are forced to come under the saher's will etc

but concerning the other stuff that suffis and advanced yoginis and jnanis well they see them due to the purification that's happening in there nervous system.

and here we are delving into the popular subject of astral projecton and going to lower and higher dimensions and so on and on the way you meet some spiritual beings some of them look like angels other like white dust other in the shape of humans others of never seen shapes b4 etc.

and well out of personal experience when i ever experienced these sort of meetings i don't know why but a lot of times i would remenber all the scenarie but i wouldn't remenber all the words of the higher beings that spoke with me but the meetings where amazing i must admit that.

but to speak out of some of my friends among whom there are suffis these beings as yogani spoke about the star vision in yoni mudra kumbhaka well in order to see them and do bus :) with them we need to do a lot of purification for our nervous system or as suffis call it tazkiyat al nafess.

and yoginis such as lahiri mahasaya are written about in autobiography of a yogi where they are surrounded by angels etc

but all that stuff is just scenarie it's just small things and what etherfish shared with us is the best reply to what you're asking for and all going arround in circles for spiritual experiences and encounters well to be honest i've experienced and it's fun but it's microscopic stuff in comparison with self realization which is all we are really unlimited of that i have no doubt anymore.

and i receive msgs too as etherfish mentioned especially in meditation and when praying.

so my brother all i can say to you is forget about all these unnesacary details and stop looking ont he outside.

just relax and be, know yourself as free;if you think as yourself as free then it must be true thinking makes it so.

so close your eyes now and enjoy bliss which is your true nature.

free yourself, from yourself.

Namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Proton

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  11:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Proton's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmm....my last comment to Ananda appears to have been deleted here.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  1:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello again proton :), check what happened with yogani there might be a reason why it got deleted.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  6:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Proton

Hmmmm....my last comment to Ananda appears to have been deleted here.

Hi Proton:

Neither the moderators nor I recall deleting a post of yours here. If you can provide some information about the post (date and content), we can try and retrieve it. Or, if you have a copy, feel free to repost it.

Sorry about the missing post, and all the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Proton

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  6:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Proton's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yogani!
No, that's okay, I probably hit "Preview Reply" and forgot to submit before leaving the site. In other words, I no doubt deleted it myself!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000