Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 SW Florida Group -- Anybody Know or Interested?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nancy

USA
71 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  8:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nancy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hello To All
Does anybody know if the SW Florida Group started or not? Also what section of SW florida?
Finally I am in SW Florida - Cape Coral, which is near Ft. Myers, Naples, Bonita, Sanibel - Anybody close by & or interested in forming a group?

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  1:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nancy:

None that I know of.

You may want to check with these folks, though they are on the other coast of Florida -- Boca Raton/Miami area.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2244

I know there are folks doing AYP in Tampa/St Pete, but few down Ft Myers way. It may be best to start a local group and teach them deep meditation yourself. That is what others have been doing. If you can't find local AYP practitioners, then help create them. Where there is the will, there is a way...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy

USA
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  11:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nancy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani
Thank You for your reply - I believe I am ready to take this step, did you mean start out easy, like invite a few people to my home, and pretty much begin reading lesson #1 to them and go from their?
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  09:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nancy:

Yes, it is best to start small with a few friends who have interest, meeting in someone's home once a week. Meditate, talk a while, have a snack. Making it a regular weekly thing is good, so everyone will know it is coming up and be looking forward to it.

Plowing through the lessons (the big book) may be too much for some. If that's the case, the little Deep Meditation book is also a good starting point. The Enlightenment Series books can be used for spoon-feeding like that, a series of courses on the practices. Whatever works.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  09:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nancy,
I agree with what Yogani says.. except (and not trying to say I know better than Yogani.. maybe what he says works great too.. ) I find it better (and so did someone else running a group from her home) if you don't offer snacks and tea and refreshments etc... because then that becomes more social.

In the beginning tell them how the meditation is done from lesson 13.
I hand out the Deep Meditation book to all new participant.. if you'd like you could buy a few in bulk from Yogani and either hand them out for free, or ask them to pay for it.. works out very cheap in bulk.. and I don't think anyone would mind paying $5 or $6 for a book. You could also charge them the $11 I think.. that is what the price is if you buy it retail.

Here are a few tips from others who are running meditation groups:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2898

Wish you all the best.
If you do start a group, do let us know.. and ask whatever questions you may have.. we would be glad to help.

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 20 2008 09:29:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  2:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nancy
That's great news you starting a group.

You have some great info already.
In our group none of the people go on the internet so they depend on me to keep them updated, even though they have read the books
Basically all you have to do in this regard is keep logging in here and reading and joining in, as you are.
The information and understanding you accumulate from this will be more than sufficient to handle most situations.
If you have anything you can't answer you can bring it to the forum.

Best of luck

PS. I like refreshments

Edited by - Sparkle on Aug 20 2008 2:35:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy

USA
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  11:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nancy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Guys _ I appreciate the well desired support. I will keep everyone afloat.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000