Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Need help with an experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Locrian

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  3:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Locrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone!

I cannot remember if this is something that I actually read in the AYP discussions, or if my mind was playing tricks on me..again...but I have a vague memory of their being a discussion regarding a point in the shoulder and I was wondering what it was called so that I could re-read the discussion.

A while back I was at a point where my "energy" was getting much higher than my comfort level. Many things happened during this, but one that still confuses me is when at a key moment I felt a shot run through my shoulder...almost exactly as if someone shot an arrow at me. At the time I didn't want to discuss it as I was way too immersed to hold a "normal" conversation, but as things leveled out...I found myself curious about the incident.

Am I inventing a discussion that never happened? (LOL) Also, has anyone ever experienced such a thing?

Thanks for your help :) I am enjoying this new forum!!

Edited by - Locrian on Jul 26 2005 3:29:26 PM

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  9:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Locrian

Hello everyone!

I cannot remember if this is something that I actually read in the AYP discussions, or if my mind was playing tricks on me..again...but I have a vague memory of their being a discussion regarding a point in the shoulder and I was wondering what it was called so that I could re-read the discussion.

<SNIP>
Am I inventing a discussion that never happened? (LOL) Also, has anyone ever experienced such a thing?

Thanks for your help :) I am enjoying this new forum!!

Hello Greg,

I've read most of the discussions in AYP and I don't remember anything specific about the shoulder. I do know however that some Kriya Yoga schools do concern themselves with shoulder points in their 'Thokar Kriya' which is what Yogani calls 'chin pump'

http://sriramchandra.org/books/saty...IYA_YOGA.htm

So maybe you saw a discussion somewhere.

Best regards,

-David
Go to Top of Page

Locrian

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  11:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Locrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much David!
This is actually Paula...I didn't like that my Yahoo used my real name, so I'm ducking out under the name Locrian LOL. I used to use my old yahoo ID for work and it was actually my real name, but after some scary "stalker" issues, I thought it best to be in cognito!

Anyway, it would not be unlike my mind to make up some conversation in order to make sense of something that really made no sense at all....it was so weird.
Thank you for the link, and I will look into it. At first it disturbed me so much that I wanted nothing to do with it...but now I find myself wanting to know.

I really appreciate your reply -
Thanks
Paula
(but you can call me Greg any time ;) )

Edited by - Locrian on Jul 27 2005 06:46:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000