Kechari Mudra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

mufad

44 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  03:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit mufad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah well,
Guess I will just go with the 1/8" jaw at http://www.folica.com/Mehaz_777___4___d958.html , that should be enough no ?
Mufad.
Go to Top of Page

mufad

44 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  03:12:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit mufad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update,
The folica.com site did not ship to my country, so I purchased this one
http://www.venusworldwide.com/cutic...ipper_18.htm
Now I am waiting for it to arrive !
God Bless,
Mufad.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  04:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mufad

Update,
The folica.com site did not ship to my country, so I purchased this one
http://www.venusworldwide.com/cutic...ipper_18.htm
Now I am waiting for it to arrive !
God Bless,
Mufad.

Hi Mufad - You have verily purchased the Rolls Royce of cuticle cutters. It ought bring your tongue into kechari with speed, accuracy, and style. Please post on your progress once you start clipping, and good luck!!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  1:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So far I was practicing kechari outside of practice.. I found it very distracting to do it along with my practice. OK! first, I have to agree with you guys.. staying in kechari over an extended period can play with your head.. never done drugs.. so I will take your words for it that that is how drugs make you feel.. I agree with Scott about "feeling all blissed out".

For the past 3 days, I have been in kechari during spinal breathing, and it does make spinal breathing feel so much stronger and for the lack of a better word... so much closer. Last night and this morning, I stayed in kechari through my entire practice.. last night I was lost during meditation.. this morning I could feel an expansion in my head.. it was lovely. Meditation and shamyama were awesome.. actually very different.. its like I was not there and yet I was there. Chin pump felt different too.. but I badly gagged during Yoni mudra and had to give up kechari.

I love the way the tongue finds its place and settles down.. so comfortably. It's almost like it knows where it has to go.. the tip settles down at one of the nasal passage openings, and the rest of the tongue has a place to rest along a groove... feels like it has it's own bed.. Also, without realizing it.. my tongue seemed to move and block the alternate nostril during spinal breathing.. like I was actually doing alternate nostril breathing along with spinal breathing.. The saliva is decreased a lot. It still hurts and burns like hell the first time I enter.. but then it is fine.

Thank You Yogani for making this available to us...
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  2:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"It's almost like it knows where it has to go"

I definitely experienced the same phenomenon.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  9:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know anyone who has achieved stage four?

I suppose being able to get your tongue that far up, and the the body forging the appropriate level of connection/conductivity are one in the same, so has there been anyone who had anything to say about it?

Maybe in a previous thread?
Go to Top of Page

sparkyfoxMD

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  09:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit sparkyfoxMD's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Friends on this baord
Thanks for all your help. I am progressing slowly but surely.

I have discovered something which is quite interesting.
In my slow progress from stage 1 to stage 2 (not there yet) I have found that as soon asI wake up, first thing in the morning, it is much easier to stretch the tongue and make an attempt at stage 2. I nearly succeeded this morning.
Any idea why this should be? Any thoughts anyone?
sparky
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  10:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose there is less tension in your tongue when you wake up or something... but at the same time, I'm surprised and a little at loss to explain, since muscles are usually a little shorter and stretch less when you wake up, aren't they?... so go figure ??
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  11:55:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone I'm in the club too now.

Just short of the dangly thing at the moment and struggling to get past gag I seem to get it even without touching the back of the throat. Never mind I'm on a mission now, got to get into stage two something is driving me on

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  4:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It has been said many times in this thread, if your tongue can reach the uvula with some finger help, you should be able to enter stage too.

Had I known how close the entry way was before, I could've entered stage two a year ago.

Use your finger to push your tongue back so the tip reaches just beyond the uvula. Then let the tip play around behind the uvula. If you can help the tip to feel just behind the uvula, you will easily enter it.

The uvula is like the front of the slip. It is the flap of tissue that keeps the entry way to the cavity closed. Once you enter you will be blown away at how close it was the whole time.

Be well.
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  7:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyman

Had I known how close the entry way was before, I could've entered stage two a year ago.

I had the same thought, but perhaps I really wasn't ready yet. When you find out how close that you've been for some time you just think "You're kidding me?!"

This site is going to be famous for "Kechari Khurners"
Go to Top of Page

jooescorpion

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  4:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit jooescorpion's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

I always touch the roof of my mouth just behind the teeth. I don't get any noticable improvement if I go back to the joining of hard and soft palates, and my jaw gets tired after 5 mins like that. Can't get tongue behind uvula yet.

I'm wondering if it might not be a bad idea to have a dental surgeon do a frenectomy...take a lot of the jitters out of the process....

Try pushing your tongue down and way back
to your throat with a couple fingers , then point your tongue back and up, push up hard. The first time I did it, it felt funky. I've only made it to phase 2.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

19 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  2:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
FYI, I moved Jim's (flying_fakir's) post here for a better fit:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1534

Go to Top of Page

Le Biotechnomoine

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  3:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Le Biotechnomoine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyman

Does anyone know anyone who has achieved stage four?

I suppose being able to get your tongue that far up, and the the body forging the appropriate level of connection/conductivity are one in the same, so has there been anyone who had anything to say about it?

Maybe in a previous thread?

Hello,

i am new on this forum ans i warn you all that i don't speak very well english. I'll do what i can and hope you will understand.

I have look the different levels of kechari mudra and i would like to say that there is more levels than just four. I can say that i am on level five (that i call the "cobra tongue"). I did cut twice my "tongue-ligam" with a rasorblade, just the size of a hair. I look your techniques to cut without pain and i thank you to share all these secrets, it's very interesting. Even if i can go very far in the nasopharynx, i am still attracted by cutting more (to actually reverse totally my tongue in the throat and to press on the low rachidian bulb, center of control of breathing).

To go further in the nasopharynx, it is very important to smile inside (to be happy to do it) and to relax well the throat, at the level of the chakra. I don't think that milking can be usefull and cutting is not necessary. My tongue is not longer than anybody else. I like my tongue very much and it helps...

One more little funny technique is to rub your "tongue-lingam" with butter before to slide it in. But the most important is to abandon/surrender yourselve. You can also try to swallow your saliva when your tongue is up and the vacuum that it triggers will pull your tongue further.

Good luck to every body. Hope you can read me easely.

Le Biotechnomoine (the Biotechnomonk)

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  10:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Le Biotechnomoine, and welcome!

Stage 5 kechari is discussed in the AYP Easy Lessons book as an addition to lesson 108. That is "down the gullet," as per the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. It is one of the more challenging techniques. Its effects can also be achieved by other means -- earlier stages of kechari (with base of tongue pressing down), chin pump, sat karmani (swallowing and withdrawing a long thin cloth), and the use of other prosthetics. In the end, kechari stages 2 & 3 and chin pump will be likely enough to cover all sins in the deep throat. Of course, we will be inclined to go where our bhakti calls us, tempering with common sense for safety.

Thanks much for sharing, and all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Le Biotechnomoine

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  1:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Le Biotechnomoine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

"down the gullet,"

Hi Yogani

Do you mean the tongue goes backward in the mouth and not in the nose?

If yes, do you think it is possible without cutting the frenum?

(i'm sorry to not be able to buy your book, the biotechnomonk is very poor, for now only i hope)

Read you soon

Thanks for your wishes and good words

The Biotechnomonk
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  2:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Biotechnomonk:

Yes, stage 5 kechari is tongue folded back and down. Stages 2-4 are up behind the soft palate. Stage 1 is tongue on roof of mouth with tip at the point where hard and soft palates meet. To do stage 5, the frenum must be all but gone -- either born without it, or removed. It is discussed and illustrated in the AYP Easy Lessons book -- the ebook version is pretty inexpensive.

But not to worry about it too much. Kechari stage 5 is not a primary prerequisite for spiritual progress. In fact, neither are kechari stages 2-4. Far more important are daily deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama and a balance of other practices that anyone can take on step-by-step, with prudent self-pacing.

The journey cannot be made with kechari alone, or, for that matter, with any one practice, except deep meditation. Cultivating inner silence daily over the long term is the key to all spiritual progress -- that is done primarily through deep meditation.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Le Biotechnomoine

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  3:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Le Biotechnomoine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Biotechnomonk:

Yes, stage 5 kechari is tongue folded back and down, and stages 1-4 are up behind the soft palate. To do stage 5, the frenum must be all but gone -- either born without it, or removed. It is discussed and illustrated in the AYP Easy Lessons book -- the ebook version is pretty inexpensive.

But not to worry about it. Kechari stage 5 is not a primary prerequisite for spiritual progress. In fact, neither are kechari stages 2-4. Far more important are daily deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama and a balance of other practices that anyone can take on step-by-step, with prudent self-pacing.

The journey cannot be made with kechari alone, or, for that matter, with any one practice, except deep meditation. Cultivating inner silence daily over the long term is the key to all spiritual progress -- that is done primarily through deep meditation.

The guru is in you.

Good,

I completely agree. I practice daily meditation (zazen) since I'm 16 (i'm 31) and i'm buddhist monk since 10 years, i met my master when i was very young. No problem with that, really.

Did you know that frogs practice khechari mudra during wintersleep?

I discovered khechari mudra five years ago. Nobody teached it to me (it came like this during meditation) so i'm surprised to see that so many people are interested to it (it is not the use in zen to practice that). I crossed really a lot of phenomenons with this, which gave a real new dimension to my zazen and to my entire life. I am amazingly happy of it. I deeply give thanks for that...

If i have well understood, "bhakti" (?) is calling me to level 5 and my intuition was right about the position of the tongue (yepee). I have to say that i am looking further for it. Thanks you very much Yogani.

Gassho

The Biotechnomonk
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  10:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wondered that about those frogs, and other animals as well.

Go life.
Go to Top of Page

blackmuladar

USA
17 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  6:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit blackmuladar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi, everyone

on Oprah Winfrey show today she had Dr.Oz on, he said to help relieve a brain-freeze (like when you eat ice cream to fast) you could put your tounge on the roof of your mouth, then he said it was a meditation technique.

the world is changing is it not!
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  2:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, I'm loooovin it.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  2:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
People should research how the pineal gland forms in babies. The epithelial tissue of the roof of the mouth goes up and creates the anterior portion of the gland.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  01:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,

I think you meant pituitary gland, just for the sake of accuracy. Here is a description of its development from healthline.com:

"The pituitary gland is formed during early fetal development. An understanding of its formation explains its position in the endocrine system as well as its neurological importance. Early in the development of the fetus, a small sac of cells forms at the top of the oral cavity and moves upward. These cells are known as Rathke's pouch. At the same time, a small fold of neural tissue extends downward from the hypothalamus. During fetal development, the two structures continue to move toward each other; they meet and fuse to form the anterior (originally Rathke's pouch) and posterior (from the hypothalamus) lobes of the pituitary."
http://www.healthline.com/galeconte...uitary-gland

The pituitary sits in the sphenoid bone directly above the little indentation that is just back of the septum on the roof of the secret chamber. In Kriya Yoga performance of kechari, this is where you place the tip of the tongue according to their website. In ayp, this is stage 3 kechari. http://www.aypsite.org/205.html Probably review for anyone reading this.

It is interesting in that respect because the Taoists talk about completing the microcosmic orbit by performing stage one and the Kriya yogis say they are completing a circuit when they touch the tongue to the indentation, altho it is not clear which, to me(the front channel?), and Yogani talks about closing a switch with stage 2, if I understand correctly. Do you know if all 3 of the circuits are the same one? Your post is interesting because there seems to be a physical body anatomical correlate for a subtle energy circuit.

Best, yb.

Edited by - yogibear on May 19 2007 01:17:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  10:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't read the whole discussion, but... Yesterday I talked to a yogi and asked him if he had clipped his frenum and he looked at me like I was crazy :) I looked at his tongue and he didn't have the frenum. He said he used to have it, though. So I'd say it's possible to learn kechari mudra without clipping, with the frenum gradually stretching so that it eventually almost disappears.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  1:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tadeas,
it may or may not be possible. In my case i needed no clipping and now do kechari effortlessly. I was one of the lucky ones. There are a number of others here who are clipping and clipping and making fairly slow progress and certainly most yogis don't even try kechari at all so that is no way of knowing. It is a matter of genetics or luck or karma or whatever you believe but its simply different for everyone. I would certainly recomend trying without clipping and if the going is slow then clipping is an option depending on how important your desire for it is.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000