Kundalini Overload: Grounding/Front Channel Block
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  10:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
TI, AYP cautions against premature crown opening, so I"ve steered clear of any practice there.

Albert, I'll start shoveling this afternoon, though I'm afraid Mrs. Shansky, my next door neighbor, may grow alarmed, and her semi-feral cats will have a field day licking the perspiration off my undefended forehead.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  8:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,
I believe I read somewhere that Yogani states that you can test the crown.
http://www.aypsite.org/287.html

What I don't understand is why, in other practices like Reiki Tummo, Chakra Meditation, Taoism etc the main idea is that opening the crown lets in divine, cosmic or spiritual energy, which is a higher/finer form of energy that also cleanses blockages.

WHEN YOU SMILE :) IT OPENS THE CROWN.

If you shake a coke bottle when the cap is on, and then release the cap, BANG! Big mess.
If you shake a coke bottle when the cap is off or has a hole in it, yes, there is much less pressure in the bottle, and not so big of a mess.

Jim, how long has your kundalini been active? Are you stable but just building up pressure? Have you tested the crown?

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  10:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Read the lessons (at link above) for Yogani's rationale, which makes great sense. AYP, fwiw, doesn't totally leave the crown cold and untouched. The practices nourish the crown for sure, and gently prod it. Just nothing violent. A smile would be an example of the former rather than the latter! The issue is that the final, dramatic full crown opening should happen when nadis are nice and clear and the neurological system is capable of handling lots and lots of energy SAFELY.

My kundalini first awoke 2 years and 361 days ago (yup, was Valentine's day). As it has slowly grown more and more continuous, overall energy has been increasing, but pressure is not increasing. Per my reply in another thread today, I'm keeping pace with handling the energy increase. But only just barely. I'm feeling totally fine, no pressure, but there's not much headroom. And surrendering to it amplifies it.

As for testing crown, I'm not actually all that interested. My interests right now are 1. increasing my energetic headroom, and 2. more and more settling into the wondrous conclusion that nearly everything we do and have ever done was nothing more nor less than the sublimation of deep-seated yearning toward God's love (tragic, as, per the dishwashing soap commercial, we're SOAKING in it). Including the idiot driver honking his horn at me, for whom my speedy acceleration is God.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Feb 10 2008 10:27:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  3:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

I just stumbled on a practice I find very effective in drawing the energy down the front, at least to the dan tien per automacy, and with a push it's easy to get it down through your feet. I read it in a magazine, tried it and found it working immediately. And it is so simple... I wonder if you recognize it or get the same effect as I do?

The brain likes "cross movements" it is explained in the article, so you just take your right hand up and hold it in front of you, and then move it in an eight figure (eternity figure) while watching the thumb all the time.

After a while (I just do it until I feel effect) do the same with your left hand, and if you manage - the last part is both thumbs simultaneously. (Must admit I didn't understand the last part of doing both at once - same pattern or opposite? And if opposite, where are your eyes supposed to focus??? *sigh* magazines... So I just skip the last part! It workes fine any way!)

I found it surprisingly easy to get energy down from the head to the navel area with this method. What's your experience with it?
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  12:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma
A smile would be an example of the former rather than the latter!

Jim, don't underestimate the power in a smile.
quote:

My kundalini first awoke 2 years and 361 days ago (yup, was Valentine's day).

Jim, do you have any posts about your first experience with kundalini? For example, what were you doing at the time? What did you experience? Did you know what it was? I would be very interested to read your initial experiences.

emc: There is a practice in Qi Gong that is very similar to that exercise. You hold both hands out like you are rotating a large ball in front of your abdomen, crossing over the hands as it turns. I think it balances the yin and yang and strenthens the connections between the left and right brain. I wonder what would happen if you also did kechari at the same time...

TI
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  11:04:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EMC, thanks very much for thinking of me (there are lots of possible little moves out there...it's kind of remarkable!) but things are really opening up right now re: grounding, and I don't want to add on anything else at this moment. If they jam up again or I otherwise plateau, I will definitely try it, and report back! Thanks again!

Tibetan Ice, the first AYP lesson I ever read was the one about engaging mula banda and connecting to sambavi mudra. Never did that before. After reading one paragraph... "pow". The connection was made, and it felt like puberty. The immediatecy probably resulted from 1. years of lots and lots of asana, service and tapas "priming" me, 2. unusual natural awareness of my energetic body since childhood, 3. never imagining that brow-to-root connection before, and 4. Yogani's bhakti-permeated, highly contagious prose. Best description I can give is highly cliched...though I only came to learn it was a cliche after I'd experienced it and then started reading up: it felt like every cell in my body was in a state of continuous orgasm. It certainly felt sublime, but I wasn't in this for kicks, so I quickly realized it was as much a distraction as a blessing, hence http://www.aypsite.org/258.html

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Feb 12 2008 11:34:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  12:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma
Tibetan Ice, the first AYP lesson I ever read was the one about engaging mula banda and connecting to sambavi mudra. Never did that before. After reading one paragraph... "pow". The connection was made, and it felt like puberty. The immediatecy probably resulted from 1. years of lots and lots of asana, service and tapas "priming" me, 2. unusual natural awareness of my energetic body since childhood, 3. never imagining that brow-to-root connection before, and 4. Yogani's bhakti-permeated, highly contagious prose. Best description I can give is highly cliched...though I only came to learn it was a cliche after I'd experienced it and then started reading up: it felt like every cell in my body was in a state of continuous orgasm. It certainly felt sublime, but I wasn't in this for kicks, so I quickly realized it was as much a distraction as a blessing, hence http://www.aypsite.org/258.html

Hi Jim :)
Oh, that was you! I remember reading that lesson a few months ago and thinking to myself that the perspective presented was quite unique and unconventional.

That is wonderful to hear about your initial experience. Thank you!

I truly believe that the only way to relieve kundalini pressure is to push it through the crown, or, open the crown and pull down cosmic or divine energy to mix and cool down kundalini. I've read that in Reiki Tummo, kundalini combines with divine or cosmic energy a few feet above the head. The two energies mix and the resultant shower of sparkles is then absorbed by the body, granting health, joy, peace and more blessings.

Also, meditating on the heart is supposed to grant access to cosmic love: http://www.yoga-age.com/modern/kun4.html#_VPID_48

When I asked Jesus about you, Jesus created a vision of a donkey. Then, he jumped on the donkey while holding and twirling a lasso in the air, as if he wanted to ride off and lasso something. However, the donkey just sat there and didn't move. What exactly this means? I'll leave that up to you. I just report what I see..

I realize it is entirely up to you, what you do. It is your body, your exsitence and your path and it is only you who is responsible for your well being. I wish you the best with your success at grounding.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  12:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have friends who would definitely agree with the donkey imagery for me! Jesus really nailed it...

Thanks, TI. As I said above, it's opening up. And since the thing I like about AYP is its discouragement of tinkering, so to speak, I'm very happy to just let it all be and do my practices, so long as there's nothing to be alarmed about (e.g. low energetic headroom).
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  6:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a great one. If I'd stumbled upon this first, I might not have needed that other stuff. Or perhaps the other stuff prepared me. Hard to know. Anyway...here's another thing to try. Again, self pace, and only tinker with this stuff if you're in the position I was in....doing very little practice, yet still right on the edge of overdoing.

Breathe into/out of the area about three inches beneath the navel (i.e. just above the pubic bone). Touch tip of tongue to roof of mouth while you do this, but don't tense the tongue. Don't control the pace of the breathing, and don't pause the breath. Breathe as close to naturally as possible, but direct attention to that point. No straining. Resist the urge to add things onto this, or to modify it, or even to "think about it" too much. Keep it simple. Once it becomes something you can do without concentrating, do it while walking, and put all attention into the soles of the feet and their interface with the ground.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  04:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To keep focus on the feet is what Bernie recommended as well. You are always where your feet are. Keep focus on them and you'll both be grounded and never leave yourself.

I found another very fast way to get energies from head to drop down: Listen to hard rock! I put on a record with 'System of a down' and down the system went...
Go to Top of Page

Lookatmynavelnow

52 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  06:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I found another very fast way to get energies from head to drop down: Listen to hard rock! I put on a record with 'System of a down' and down the system went...

The problem with rock music is that the energy you loose is used feeding the astral entities that goes with that music, as well as the musician. If someone do not have a primary source of light, then they have to get it by “stealing” it from other sources. There is no such thing as a rock musician with a raised kundalini, except he be a black magician.

I prefere to starve them.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  07:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well... I prefer sharing my light! If I have too much I'd just love it if it went to someone in need! (By the way, if you read the lyrics of that particular group, I think you will find that they are quite aware in the middle of all the dark!)

quote:
[picked out phrases]Melt in the sun, Who wants to come with me and melt in the sun? Hide in the sky, who wants to come with me and hide in the sky? Come join the cause, Realize you're blind, and we're out of time, It'll show your mind, melt in the sun
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  11:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There is no such thing as a rock musician with a raised kundalini

I disagree.
Go to Top of Page

Lookatmynavelnow

52 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  10:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lookatmynavelnow

I prefere to starve them.

I agree.
Go to Top of Page

Amaargi

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  12:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amaargi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,
Your post on grounding and the front channel has really helped me immensely. Before AYP I had for many years meditated on moving the sexual energy up the front of the body and the chakras and up out thru the crown chakra. This led to many mental/emotional problems and eventually ill health.

It has taken me a long time to get the energy back down the front and into the perineum. It still flows too easily up the front and I have to focus on it to bring it back down. I also now follow AYP methods and move it up the spine, which I find brings relief and relaxation.

What I would like to ask advice about is another problem I have due to meditating in the wrong way.

When I started meditating I would sit in a chair and visualise the Earth energy coming up thru the soles of the feet, up thru the legs and the front of the body etc. I also visualised walking on a beach with different coloured stones (chakra colours) and also walking into the water up to knee level.

Now, many years later I've realised I've opened up chakras in the feet, ankles and knees and this energy - above all others- is driving me crazy. I can distinctly feel these chakras and also feel emotional issues from an unhappy childhood, personal relationships and many other issues rising up and firing off chakras in my body. Then it disappears somewhere and within a few days all of the emotions and memories are experienced again as they flow out through the heart for cleansing. It is very devastating and draining to say the least.

I've tried walking but with present health issues can't walk for long periods - when I did walk I didn't find much help to alleviate the problem.

I was wondering if the down movement and grounding like you have described (to the perineum) can be extended in someway down thru the legs into the earth that would help me. I shy away from focusing on the feet as it opens up the chakras there - I have a lot of trouble trying to close them and calm them down.

Also, I don’t know much about the Taoist way but I did see a description once and realised that the big toes on both my feet is 'energised?' and I feel the energy rising up like following a nerve from the top of the big toe, up my shins and up into the perineum area somewhere.

What I'm really trying to find help with is if there is a way I can ground this energy down into the earth safely without firing up the energy from my feet- should I try through the opened chakra....or thru the toes?

Any help you or others in the forum can offer would be appreciated

Amaargi
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  6:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Amaargi
I was wondering if the down movement and grounding like you have described (to the perineum) can be extended in someway down thru the legs into the earth that would help me. I shy away from focusing on the feet as it opens up the chakras there - I have a lot of trouble trying to close them and calm them down.

Also, I don’t know much about the Taoist way but I did see a description once and realised that the big toes on both my feet is 'energised?' and I feel the energy rising up like following a nerve from the top of the big toe, up my shins and up into the perineum area somewhere.

What I'm really trying to find help with is if there is a way I can ground this energy down into the earth safely without firing up the energy from my feet- should I try through the opened chakra....or thru the toes?

Any help you or others in the forum can offer would be appreciated

Amaargi

Hi Amaargi
Did you know that you have reflexology pressure points in the center of your big toes that correspond to the pineal and pituitary glands? Sound to me like your crown and brow chakras are open. How do your thumbs feel?

Have you tried the MicroCosmic Orbit?
Here is the link: http://www.tehutionline.com/newpage30.htm

Funny how the MC Orbit uses the tongue on the palate and a form of the root lock.. Hmmm..

In that document there are instructions to connect the feet to the earth and then draw up energy from the earth to add to your rotation of the fire which is probably not what you want to do. I think you need to correct the direction of the flows of energy. Circulating the fire upwards through the spine (back) and then the water down the front might help balance your energies. The MC Orbit contains a method to store the excess energy back to your lower tan tien. It is performed at the end of the orbit. I'm thinking that this is an alternate to grounding; instead of sending excess energy to the earth, store it instead for future use. :)

Yesterday, I had quite a bit of heat in my head, shoulders and arms so I decided to try the MicroCosmic Orbit for 20 minutes. After I was done, I felt refreshed and balanced.

Keep in mind that you can also close chakras by moving your hands over them counterclockwise. You can also close a chakra by tensing the corresponding body area.

You can also buy a chunk of black tourmaline or smokey quartz and hold it for a while to ground yourself. Keep it in your pocket during the day and rinse it off for 2 minutes under running water every day. That will help ground you.

But mostly, I think the MicroCosmic Orbit would help establish the correct direction of flow for the energies. I suggest trying it a few times to see if it helps.

TI
Go to Top of Page

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  9:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim

I always have great interest in what you write. You seem to have a gift for describing concepts that are very "not this, not that." :)

I have noticed a growing sensation of the "vaginal sucking" you have referenced in the past, and more balance seems to come for me as that has increased. Initially, the sucking seemed to only come from the bottom/front, with the conductivity moving to the top through the "back." As Yogani has said in the past and I agree, the spinal nerve for me has always been a center-thing, starting out thin and liquid, then growing in force and size until our very being is the flow.

Lately, the image has hit me that we are a two-sided lingam of energy, pushing and pulling into both an upper and lower yoni--and the drawing power of that yoni is irresistable. It is very much a foreign feeling as a man, to have both the penetration feeling going both ways.

For me, the front/down grew stronger after I worked on your throat opening technique, which I think was a transfer of the skill of releasing, allowing the feminine. Is there anyway there is just an imbalance between the inner silence and the conductivity---and since you are moving at higher speeds, the "flap" you experience is the difference between "flying your hand" out the window of your car at 35 mph and 90mph?

Love your posts.

Big love

scott
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  11:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amaargi, I'm afraid I can't be of much help. I'm trying to "do" less and, as much as possible, disappear into my meditation practice, without looking "under the hood" unless something goes specifically wrong (e.g. my unusually tenacious grounding issue).

You're trying to intentionally do lots of specific things. I'd suggest that this approach can lead to the problems you've described. Spiritual work is about letting go, and letting a greater intelligence do its work on you. The less we actually "do", the better. And you're doing a ton. I get the impression from your posting that so many mental concepts and energetic actions may have gotten you into trouble...and you're hoping yet more concepts and actions will solve the problems.

So I'm sorry if my posting has fed your thirst to "do". If I were you, I'd drop these concerns and tweaks and moves and actions and concepts, drop the need to "understand", and simply sit quietly and meditate per AYP's instructions (see the "main lessons" link at the top of the page). Meditation and spinal breathing, and that's it. Do them casually, like brushing your teeth twice per day. No big deal. Let the cosmic barber trim your hair during practice, and, other than that live a normal well-rounded life. That's your best bet, I think...or at least my best advice. In any case, I wish you the very best!
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  11:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott, thanks for the good vibes. You won't love my reply, but here goes: I'll give you the same advice I gave Amaargi, and the same advice that was given me...which I ignored. Don't spend too much time puzzling it all out and checking stuff out. I know, I know...it's like a new tooth or something...you want to explore, you're inquisitive, you want to try stuff out and understand and learn.

Keep things Ivory Soap mild. Mild like Yogani's tone of voice (it's a good time right now to reread the lessons). Do your practices without striving, like brushing your teeth. Then go out in the world and FAHGEDDABOUDIT. Don't play with yourself. Don't explore. Just engage. And for goodness' sake, stay out of this thread, which is very specifically for people having a specific sort of problem. IF YOU DON'T HAVE SERIOUS GROUNDING PROBLEMS, SIT BACK AND LET THE COSMIC BARBER DO HIS THING!

All the crap I went through and had to learn in order to create this thread was DIGRESSION. It all was a jag. It was a necessary jag because of some alarming health issues I was having. I'm glad you find it intriguing reading, but I wasn't looking to offer mind candy to non-afflicted onlookers.

This whole forum is mind candy. Beware. The more tumultuous and dramatic your practice times are, the better it is to stay Ivory Soap mild, and keep your mind off the spiritual thing for the other 23 hours per day. We all want to DO stuff. Please, for the love of God (literally!), just let. That's it. That's all. Just let. Let go and let God.

And if you ever have overload symptoms, walk. And if lots and lots of walking doesn't do it, sigh deeply, you poor bastard, and have another read through my posting at the top of this thread. And start working and conceptualizing sucking front body vaginas and throat deconstrictions and abdominal breathing, all of which are the complete opposite of "Let go and let God".

Please take this seriously, Scott. It's hard-won knowledge. It's nothing Yogani doesn't say, though I express it in a different way.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Mar 05 2008 12:03:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  02:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A problem I have with that advice, Jim, is that perhaps some kinds of soap are better than others. They will leave your skin feeling better, than Ivory Soap mild.

In other words - perhaps it's good to go under the hood and fix the problems you have after a long time of practice. Perhaps it's not the cosmic barber knicking our scalps, but it's the razor he's using...maybe it is time to tweak things, if things aren't going well.

They weren't for me, so something obviously had to change. Old yogic methods which were apparently tried and true had pretty horrible side effects for me, which weren't from the kundalini itself. Letting go wasn't any use at that point...the snowball effect of accumulated practice had already occurred and there was an upward avalanche getting stuck in my head and making me unbalanced and ungrounded.

Yes, bringing the energy down is all about surrendering...but that doesn't mean you can ground and bring energy down when you're simultaneously doing upward-moving-third-eye practices, no matter how much you surrender.

So if someone IS having the problems like you described in your first post here, then it IS good to read this stuff and try new things in order to alleviate those problems. I am of the opinion that it does take a change in technique.
Go to Top of Page

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  09:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim-

I didn't hate your reply. Your almost parental concern is wonderful at times as I truly grok the pain you have been through, continue to go through, and understand your warnings are grounded in the conflagration.

You are correct in that I am inquisitive and am curious about everything in the world--I was always the kid who read ahead in the text book to be ahead of the curve. I understand this practice is not like that, and getting ahead of the curve may not really be possible and attempting to do that can be dangerous and counter productive.

Maybe my half a dozen posts don't equate in your mind to much experience, and in the grand scheme of things, it certainly doesn't. I don't walk on water, couldn't write a book on spirituality unless it were mostly fiction, and if I touch someone it's to give them a backrub not shaktipat, however I am growing and changing. That's not a statement of pride or defiance--it's the truth. You make it very clear, and Yogani makes it very clear that one of the most important aspects of this entire journey is to be able to continue the journey, and the way to ensure that is to NOT GO TOO RAPIDLY. Ego is what whispers, "Drive Faster...you can handle it."

I just started driving, so maybe I don't need to read about car accidents just yet--you are probably right.

I just started driving, so I shouldn't be thinking about testing the limits of the vehicle I am in.

I can look at the Porsche, though. And I have, and my conclusion is that I am not going to be driving in one anytime soon, so the best thing to do is get used to the vehicle I have right now, learn to accept and love the driver's side door that doesn't open, the windshield wipers that leave streaks, the broken air-conditioner and bald tires--it keeps me moving forward. At the right speed, and without a sense of pride.

Spiritual puberty is a painful place--I get that. In the afterglow of inner-lovemaking it's easy to say, "Oh, yeah, I'll slow down."

Silently our ego whispers, "You can slow down tomorrow."

I appreciate your concern--it feels like love. I hope I have that feeling right.

Big love-

Scott

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  8:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott (i.e. JUST "Scott"): we don't disagree (we never seem to actually disagree...we just LOOK like we're disagreeing!). If you gotta open the hood, you gotta do what you gotta do....and that's why I posted. For people with that specific problem. NOT, though, for people trying to pull their own puppet strings (if that metaphor works for you)....i.e. "figure it all out" just out of mind thirst. I would never suggest anyone immerse in this stuff if they didn't HAVE to. That's my point. Make sense? BTW, forgive the digression, but PLEASE be safe...I'm lucky enough not to know anyone hurt over there, and I'd like to keep that perfect record....

ScottFitzgerald: "Parental concern"...ouch! If you met me in person, you'd immediately grok that's not my sort of vibe at all.

What I'm doing, here and in all my other postings, is trying to scatter some personal breadcrumbs. I've been helped a lot by little iotas of insight I've gathered here and there over the years, but there've been gaps where a message hasn't penetrated to me, cuz it wasn't available in the sort of voice that speaks to me, and I've had to grow my own insight. So I throw stuff out there that'd have helped me if I'd seen it. If it helps, great. If it doesn't help you personally, bear in mind that for every poster there are a whole lot of lurkers (I think people forget that). I feel like that's the best good that can be done on an online forum...if my particular way of stating stuff doesn't help the person I'm nominally talking to, maybe someone in the peanut gallery will get a mild "aha!" out of it. I myself treasure "aha!" moments, so even if 1% of my postings offer that to some single person, I'm really really glad! :)

So, yes, it's love, but it's in no way personal. If it fits your situation, great. I'm not leaping to conclusions about you...I'm just trying to share. I'm telling you what I wish people told me, and saying it in the same way that would've worked for me. But nothing works for everybody. And I'm certainly not "judging" you in any way. Who's got time for that? ;)

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Mar 05 2008 8:38:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  9:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got you J and HK...we can all hear the notes we all play, and some are more personal.

Very thankful you continue to post.

To me love is the Scott Peck definition, vaguely--doing things (posts) that are to the benefit of the love objects spiritual growth. That has never been in question. Your concern for ALL who come after is admirable and grokked. :)

Big love

Scott

Edited by - scottfitzgerald on Mar 06 2008 08:22:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  11:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Y'know, I was wondering if I should read Scott Peck. At your recco, I will.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  11:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,

I would be cautious writing my email openly on a web page, the spam engines love to pick them up. At least writing it like scottfitz65 at yahoo dot com or similar that is not read as an email by a machine. Also email can be sent here to anyone by clicking on the icon above the post "Email Poster".
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000