AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 too much 'fire', not enough balance in tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikael

27 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  03:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i was reading this article - the quest for the spiritual orgasm by michael winn http://www.healingtaobritain.com/p6...alorgasm.htm

and found his experiences with tantra to be quite interesting. what do you guys think?

quote:
Shortly after meeting Chia, I described my White Tantric Kundalini Yoga practice to him. He diagnosed it as "heating the room" - I was driving all my sexual fire up the spine and out the crown, where it dispersed into the room. As soon as I learned to recirculate my rising kundalini energy down my chest through the front Orbit channel and began practicing semen retention, I quickly grew physically stronger and more grounded spiritually. Most Tantrics work only with the spinal fire path and not the water path in the front.

the main gist i got is that tantra is too focused on fire, bringing the sexual energy up, and ignores bringing the grounding of bringing the energy down. read the article if you're interested in hearing more. this guy has practices kundalini and kriya yoga for some time and isn't come strictly from theory but from experience.

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  09:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The kriya yoga school Michael Winn was in was about cultivating fire and not much (if at all) about cultivating silence. And, FWIW, he's completely abandoned his yoga practice, and reports that his kundalini is dormant.

For many/most people, a practice like AYP (with its balanced spinal breathing and balanced approach to silence and energy) ensures that recirculation and grounding issues will take care of themselves "under the hood". You'll notice that Yogani and many other teachers/writers strongly suggest lots of walking for those with over-energization symptoms. It's a crude (but effective) grounding mechanism. Grounding asanas (i.e. standing poses) and general physical exercise are also helpful.

For those who do build up strong over-energization in spite of the above (usually due to a block in the front channel...a part which AYP deems "under the hood" and doesn't discuss much directly), the Chinese/Taoist practices unquestionably offer the best toolbox.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Nov 30 2007 2:08:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  11:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
doin tantra, has anyones pecker turned black, or a darker color in that direction?
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  09:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
doin tantra, has anyones pecker turned black, or a darker color in that direction?

WHAT!!!!!

Good grief I hope not that would be frostbite or gangrene
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  5:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
negative. it only comes with tantra. as soon as i stop doing tantra it resumes normal color. the darkening, is really only promonate during the night around 9 oclock, and a certian time of day. i also believe it has somthing to do with the chi spot. alchemy states that blackness is a stage of heat and moisture. any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  7:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

quote:

WHAT!!!!!

Good grief I hope not that would be frostbite or gangrene

I have to admit Richard, I laughed so hard at your alarm here, I nearly cried!

But to allay any fears of a "pecker turning black" it probably depends on what colour it is to begin with?! Our African brothers would probably be equally alarmed if their peckers turned white!
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  11:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by avatar186

No, but it's become twisted into the form of the Sanskrit "Om".
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:56:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, do you think that is a siddhi?
Think balloon animals.

Mac
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  12:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can make a sword.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  1:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

hilarious!
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  1:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

(mental note) Do not practice tibetan burning palm:

http://www.ironpalm.com/Awards3.html

ROTFLMAO:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Feb 09 2008 2:12:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  3:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
haha, blackness being the stage of heat and moisture, white being just heat, and yellowness a continuation of that heat. i believe this pertians to the chi spot, but could be wrong.

So if no one knows of this, does anyone know how to make the fire active?
active rising heat activates the redness of the body. ie the sun burns the skin it turns red, hot shower the same, inner heat, the same but slightly different.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  5:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In all seriousness, I have no idea about the blackness. I hope you're in good health.
Go to Top of Page

Echo

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  3:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Echo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

No, but mine lights up at Christmas!

But seriously, I remember recently reading somewhere that during Tantra, you should let your lingam lose it’s erection now and again in order to let the blood circulate. Perhaps the blood in your penis is turning dark due to lack of oxygen. Just a thought…………
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  6:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
does anyone do pranayama during tantra? IE make the life force vibrate in order to get a clear secretion, instead of white semon?
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  8:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what about reddining of the skin?
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  9:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, avatar, I just wanted to let you know that I was joking, as we all were, not to poke fun at you, but at the way you worded your dilemna.

Anyway, maybe it would be good to go get a checkup. It couldn't hurt, right?

Take care and, as Scott said, I also hope that you are okay:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  11:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

does anyone do pranayama during tantra? IE make the life force vibrate in order to get a clear secretion, instead of white semon?

This is a regular part of my practice, what do you want to know about this?
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  2:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well, my ability to make the the life force vibrate is a little hazy.

but, with practise of semen retention, ive experianced a reddining of the body, blackening of the pecker, and eventually an internal heat.

The blackening goes away if i loos much semon. and only really occures during two times of the day, same time everyday, around 9 oclock at night, and a certian time of day.

alchemy says black is heat and moisture, and pranayama is supposed to dry up all the semon.

so whats your method for the vibrating?
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  7:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

well, my ability to make the the life force vibrate is a little hazy.

but, with practise of semen retention, ive experianced a reddining of the body, blackening of the pecker, and eventually an internal heat.

The blackening goes away if i loos much semon. and only really occures during two times of the day, same time everyday, around 9 oclock at night, and a certian time of day.

alchemy says black is heat and moisture, and pranayama is supposed to dry up all the semon.

so whats your method for the vibrating?

All I do is add a little pranayama (both directions), from root to brow, during tantra and the good feelings rise from the root chakra and circulate randomly throughout the spinal nerve and sometimes are sensed more in the chakras. I am not sure what you mean by vibrating, but I literally sometimes experience intense vibrating in the head region when things heat up.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  4:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so fire is a purification process yes? will the body assimilate this heat in time per say? or with pranayama practise?

the tingling force stimulated, i believe is the sorce of fire.

but! when the root lock is used. ot tightens the anus, do you aim for up the spine, or to move the experiance into the chi spot?
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  11:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

so fire is a purification process yes? will the body assimilate this heat in time per say? or with pranayama practise?

From my perspective, heat is felt as energy runs into resistance or "blockages" in the nervous system. So yes a sensation in the process of purification can be heat.

Pranayama spinal breathing is a great tool for clearing out resistance (blockages) and accelerating the purification process, but is only second to deep meditation. Regular, daily, sitting practices as outlined in the AYP Main lessons found above, will bring the pleasures of tantra to fruition far more quickly than relying on just tantra itself.

quote:
the tingling force stimulated, i believe is the sorce of fire.

but! when the root lock is used. ot tightens the anus, do you aim for up the spine, or to move the experiance into the chi spot?

From my perspective, the root chakra is the source of energy that moves up the spinal nerve. Root lock with spinal breathing will help the energy move up the spine. I believe it is important to breathe in both directions and not just up with spinal breathing and tantra. Though with tantra it can be tempting to breathe just up.

I don't know what the chi spot it, so can't comment, sorry.

A

Edited by - Anthem on Mar 03 2008 11:30:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  3:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
two inches below the belly button, the dan tien or chi spot, is seemingly connected to the sexual organ.

Ive decided to do spinal breathing, and master that, as with good pressure moving in the body, it seems very easy. long as theirs a mobile pressure. the taoist method of breathing up the back, and down the front of the body, seems to be more of a fire method. it definitly enlarges the energy coming out of the head, and eventually will start bringing heat up the body.

Though in alchemy, their is a fire process. in whitch you slow cook, i believe when the body is fattend with the white women. whitch might be whats tought here in ayp, then you multiply the red man.

when the sun burns the skin its red, too hot a shower, mabey even a cut. internal heat will do the same thing. except all over the body.

thus fire and water, heat and moisture brings the color blackness, whitness after black is a drying of the moisture, and yellowness further. hitting white befor black in the vessal, ie the sexual organ, brings about a very hot fire.

I dont know about you guys, but doing spinal breathing, i experiance the vibrating wayyy easily, long as theirs a mobile pressure.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  11:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
two inches below the belly button, the dan tien or chi spot, is seemingly connected to the sexual organ.

Hi Avatar,

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't familiar with the term "chi spot" for this area.

quote:
Ive decided to do spinal breathing, and master that, as with good pressure moving in the body, it seems very easy. long as theirs a mobile pressure.

It's great that you plan to start spinal breathing pranayama, but without deep meditation added into the equation, you won't be moving along as quickly as you could. In addition, pranayama alone can lead to imbalances as inner silence isn't present to help us through all that is released and brought to the surface with pranayama.

You can find out about deep meditation here:

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

quote:
when the sun burns the skin its red, too hot a shower, mabey even a cut. internal heat will do the same thing. except all over the body.

Yes have experienced this on numerous occasions, I call it an "inner sunburn". Ouch!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000