Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Yoga Nidra and Kundalini Connection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  2:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

This may not be the right place or right form so please bear with me.

I came across a wonderful yoga nidra audio which really puts me into a yogic sleep really fast and then goes through various samayana as well as goes through each chakra systematically.

I love doing this whenever time permits besides the daily doses of meditations.

Now my question is does it help? If it does what is the connection?

To me it looks like another form of meditation but can we count it as a meditation.

Would really love hear your opinions, guidance or anything else which comes up regarding yoga nidra.

thomas

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  3:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi seekingshiva,

Can you share the name of the one you are refering to and if it is described and can be purchased on the internet? Have you read the topic on cosmic samyama in Yogani's samyama book which can also be done as a form of yoga nidra practice.

To some extent it depends on the specific yoga nidra practice. I feel it can help if done/used properly within the context of self-pacing. It is an opportunity to rest at a deeper level and utilize the time we spend in sleep to cultivate the witness and better realize the true nature of the waking and sleeping states.

Thanks,
Thomas

Edited by - thomas on Nov 16 2007 3:50:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  3:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

http://www.amazon.com/Experience-Yo...45896&sr=1-4

This is the Yoga Nidra CD I am refering too.

This has two sessions. One session makes you go through heaviness, lightness and stuff like that and also includes going through the chakra's.

Now I am not trying to preach something here nor I have any links to this person but I am wondering is it, whether there is any link or I am wrong.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  4:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, interesting!

A tape with this very version of Yoga Nidra was given to me some 15 years ago, and I used it for relaxation and help to go to sleep in the evenings. It must have worked heavily on my consciousness although I didn't understand any of it.

I listened to it again a few months ago and had a very strong experience from it! That guy, Swami Janakananda is actually working here in Sweden!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  09:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone gave me that tape a few years back, emc

I used to listen to it several times a week. I also brought it with me to the classes I taught in Sweeden....used to end the lecture with this tape.....I loved it very much.

One day...about a year and a half ago...I sat straight up during the mentioning of the "golden egg". I remember "shouting out loud" within myself: I understand the egg!!!

It was....extremely exhilarating....because I could not for the life of me put into words what it was that I understood. It was just a profound inner knowing.

Since then; I never listened to it anymore. (I don't know why....it was as if i was finished with that particular communication)

It is a very potent tape.
As always - consider self pacing.
Go to Top of Page

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  11:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These sorts of things are nice training wheels for some for a bit. Eventually, you will have to give up objects of the senses. My guess is you are not really in "yogic" sleep. If you are you are very aware and awake consciously but you can observe the body asleep. Of course, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. It was in the 80's I think.........

You might want to strongly consider taking up the Cosmic Samyama technique offered by Yogani. No props necessary and will do far more than listening to any recording can. You'll have that practice with you every night for the rest of your life and maybe retain the skill in the next. Recordings don't follow us through the cycles of birth and death!
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  10:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Seeking Shiva,
Yoga Nidra is a technique used to get in touch with your subconcious mind, and plant positive 'sankalpas' or resolve or direct positive intent to help you in your yogic path. It is often used by the student of yoga, and combined with guided meditation to achieve deep relaxation and trigger a sort of cleansing that can resolve deep seated conflicts.

I suppose you could try it for a while to see whether it goes well together with what you are doing.

I agree with Swami Vajra - insofar as planting positive intent is concernced Samayama as per Yogani's instructions seems to be safer and more powerful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000