Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Shakti-chalana-mudra technique.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  11:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"Sit down into Siddhasana, Padmasana or Gomukasana with the soles diverted to the sides, holding the ankles strongly by the hands, and with slow inhalation carry out a complete, very harsh mula-bandha, try to tighten as much as possible the intra-pelvic space and force its contents to move upward. Remain in this stressed state from 5 to 15 seconds, after detaining respiration as far as possible, slowly breathe out and relax. Repeat 10 or 20 times. Carry this out twice during the day - in the morning and in the evening. Effect. The precise fulfillment of this mudra conquers lust, it frees from the night pollutions and it makes it possible to preserve seed, directing it and the sexual energy upward in the process of their sublimation. The one who completely mastered the skill of sublimation of sexual force into the energy of the highest plans, is called "urdkhva-reta"."

[The above is the beginning part of an article I translated from another webpage. I might translate the rest sometime. The reason I share this technique with others here is because it is something that has finally removed my problem of nocturnal pollutions (that is, if I practice properly and regularly .. )]. I have found that it is the daily evening practice that is especially crucial. The way I do my practice is 10 minutes of this mula-bandha combined with udditya in full padmasana then followed by AYP Pranayama etc.. If you have problems with nocturnal pollutions then try this practice for a few weeks and see if it works.]

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  11:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Damn. That would kill me.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  07:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chiron,
quote:
The precise fulfillment of this mudra conquers lust, it frees from the night pollutions and it makes it possible to preserve seed, directing it and the sexual energy upward in the process of their sublimation.

I was just wondering, what are the night pollutions?
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  08:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Spilling your seed I'd guess!
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  11:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, nocturnal pollutions = uncontrolled ejaculation during sleep, wetdreams, involuntary orgasm etc.. dunno what the proper term for it is.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  05:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chiron

quote:
Yup, nocturnal pollutions = uncontrolled ejaculation during sleep, wetdreams, involuntary orgasm etc.. dunno what the proper term for it is

Thanks for clearing that up.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  2:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pun, Christi.. :D
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  3:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron

"Sit down into Siddhasana, Padmasana or Gomukasana with the soles diverted to the sides, holding the ankles strongly by the hands, and with slow inhalation carry out a complete, very harsh mula-bandha, try to tighten as much as possible the intra-pelvic space and force its contents to move upward.

I tried it, with rather amusing results.

The first time I tried it was just before bed. After only three repetitions, I felt a strong burst of energy coming up and stopped there. I liked the sensation, and thought to myself, "maybe this is more pleasurable than wet dreams... maybe I'd be willing to do without wet dreams..."

I went to bed buzzing with this wonderful energy. Then, in the middle of the night I awoke with pains in my whole abdominal wall and inability to breathe deeply. I got out of bed to try to walk it off, but the pain got stronger. I started to groan out loud and it awoke my wife. She offered to get me some water, and I said that sounded ok. When she left the room, I laid back down on the bed, groaning in pain and I let myself go into automatic yoga: my stomach spasmed and my body convulsed for about a half minute. My wife walked in in the middle of it. After thirty seconds, I felt fine.

In retrospect, the cause was clear: The pain had been caused by automatic tensing of a layer of abdominal muscles that I had not accessed before, energetically speaking.

Next thing I knew, I was not only out of pain, I was in great erotic pleasure. And I was in such pleasure as I drifted back to sleep.

The next time I awoke, I was having a wet dream.

Edited by - bewell on Nov 20 2007 4:26:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  4:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

LOL! Thank you for sharing, bewell!!!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  5:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  2:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds like a rough experience bewell. Maybe try it without or with minimal breath retention, that should have a softer effect. Also I think its a good idea to follow up immediately with AYP Prananyama and meditation to dissipate the energy.

So this practice had an opposite effect on you eh? It gave you a wet dream instead of preventing it. Doh. I guess our circumstances are different. I don't have a wife or a girlfriend so there is much less erotic arousal in my environment. You probably have alot more energy to deal with than I do, so maybe it will take a longer time for any noticeable effects. Dunno.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  4:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron

Maybe try it without or with minimal breath retention, that should have a softer effect. Also I think its a good idea to follow up immediately with AYP Prananyama and meditation to dissipate the energy.

Thanks Chiron, I think those suggestions would make some difference. At present, I'm not continuing the practice, but if I try it again, I'll keep those options/refinements in mind. With wet dreams, cause and effect is difficult to discern -- I had a wet dream, but I wouldn't say the practice caused it. On the other hand, it sure did not prevent it.
Go to Top of Page

Pauliotto

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  04:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pauliotto's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chiron Thank You so much for posting this. After being addicted to sex for the majority of my life and then beating it back for 6 months with Kriya. I go and have a wet dream it was horrible the first time. Like I raped myself. I'd wake up during the orgasms so I couldn't even fully enjoy them and I'd been set back. HA. ANYWAY I wanted to add a mantra that goes with this practice. Pronunciation will be in (). Aim (Eye eem) Hrim (Hu(like hut) reem) Srim (Shreem)during the inhalation then we hold and pause for 5-15sec like Chiron says then relax and exhale. At the exact moment of relaxation think Hrim Namah.
NAMASTE
Also I believe Lahiri Mahasaya said if we do have a wet dream we must bathe. Most likely because the spilled seed carries lust in it. At least we don't have to leave for 7 days or whatever like in the old Hebrew camps HA!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000