Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 How to control the loss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  7:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I am trying very hard to adapt to "brahmcharya" standards and try to avoid as much as I can but still every week in middle of the night I have this loss happening.

I am married and always have been healthy by this nocturnal emissions are really hurting my sentiments as I want to progress further spiritually.

Is there any way to control this? Or any ideas?

Please help

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  10:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey SS,

What makes you so sure that the nocturnal emissions are preventing you from progressing further spiritually?

I have ejaculatory orgasms from time to time, perhaps once every week or two and have still seen progress in my spiritual expansion including the areas of tantra and expansion of inner energies and ecstasy.

If it were me, I would enjoy them rather than resist them and see where it leads.
Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  10:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for boosting the moral but here is what is hurting me.

I am NOT having any sexual thoughts nor having any sexual contacts to preserve all the energy and then this loss happens in the night.

I feel so bad that all my efforts are wasted.

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  11:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeekingShiva

Thanks for boosting the moral but here is what is hurting me.

I am NOT having any sexual thoughts nor having any sexual contacts to preserve all the energy and then this loss happens in the night.

Hi SS,

You seem to have provided yourself with your own answer. Is there any chance that what is hurting you is not allowing any "sexual thoughts" and "sexual contact"? Perhaps if you allow yourself to explore this during the day, the body won't feel so inclined to do so at night? Worth a try?

quote:
I feel so bad that all my efforts are wasted.

18 days of successful preservation of energy hardly seems a waste from my perspective. There are other ways to preserve energy, perhaps reading the main AYP lessons and tantra lessons might be of some help to you?

http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html
http://www.aypsite.org/TantraDirectory.html

Edited by - Anthem on Nov 13 2007 11:23:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  11:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A great many people in a number of traditions have lived great spiritual lives with no attention whatever to semen or energy. We yogis happen to heed energy concerns. But it's not the central issue. In fact, advanced energy experiences can be distracting tumult (albeit extremely pleasant distracting tumult) which must be transcended. So be careful what you wish for!

Abide in your silence, and let that steer you. What you are seeking is there, not in energy. I'm completely awash in energy, and it only deepens the challenge of finding my silence within the drama.

If there is a health issue in these emissions, that's another thing. Unless you're very young, it's an unusal symptom, and you might want to make inquiries.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Nov 13 2007 11:25:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  7:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeekingShiva
..."brahmcharya" standards and try to avoid as much as I can but still every week in middle of the night I have this loss happening.

Hi,

I am on somewhat the same path as of this past year: married and avoiding waking ejaculations. I also have nocternal emissions, about 26 in the past 15 months.

I have sexual thoughts and have intimate sexual contact with my wife regularly, mostly cuddling, but without waking ejaculation. I am confident that it is normal to have nocternal emissions when abstaining from waking ejaculations; that is, it is not a sign of a physical problem, nor will it be a cause of a physical problem.

As for how to stop nocternal emissions, well, the most effective way is to have waking ejaculations. There are various problems with that; the main one, for me, being depression. I not only have pranic energy loss when I ejaculate during waking hours, my mood sinks. The more I have abstained, the more I become sensitive to these mood shifts.

The other problem with waking ejaculations, from a pranic energy standpoint, is that they are, in my experience, more draining than nocternal emissions. I have discussed this with other men who have wet dreams, and they agree with me on that.

As for contolling it when it happens during sleep, the moment the feeling of orgasm wakes you up, you can try to hold back by squeezing the PC muscles. I tried that a couple of times, and I found it a very frustrating experience. Holding back led to retrograde ejaculations: the semen went up into my bladder, then came out in the next urination. I have decided not to try to hold back.

Better, in my opinion to enjoy the experience. For me, nocternal emissions have had an energy balancing effect. After each one, I take time to rest and enjoy the energy and be grateful. The more I receive it as a gift, the more it has become a wonderful experience.

I wish you well on your journey, and I hope my sharing will provide some useful information for you.

Edited by - bewell on Nov 14 2007 7:21:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  01:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell
For me, nocternal emissions have had an energy balancing effect. After each one, I take time to rest and enjoy the energy and be grateful. The more I receive it as a gift, the more it has become a wonderful experience.

I have of late inferred that nocturnal emissions are more draining than willful ejaculations. because the last 2 tiems I caught intense colds are after I had nocturnal emissions. I didn't used to catch cold after willful ejaculations(which I don't do anymore). And I don't think my nocturnal emissions are due to supprssed sexual urges, it happened without any dream, and with no recollection of it having happened.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  10:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus
...the last 2 tiems I caught intense colds are after I had nocturnal emissions.

In all my experience with nocturnal emissions, I've never caught a cold after one. Indeed, I seem to be immune when others around me are suffering colds. However, I have noticed that bodily changes and stress often presage wet dreams. Have you considered the possibility that it was the cold coming on that triggered the emission, and not the other way around?
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  2:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
swami sivananda says, he who practises pranayama seriously, drys up the semen. i think a nocturnal emmission may be a build up. It being energy not yet drys up, or subliminated into higher energy.

I used to preform the microcosmic orbit for this problem, but their are wholes in that method "alone". and the ayp practise dosnt take care of my nocturnal emmisions.

though i am trying the root lock with much more emphasis, not tight enough to hurt yourself. but consistant, if the root lock is the same as pressing the toung to the palate. ive noticed on inhial and exhail, the anus will relax, or wants to, so with deep breathing and a root lock, it may be all that needs to be.
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  02:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
I'd like to share this for all of those who are too much concerned about preservation of energy.
I never managed to preserve energy for more than a week until I started Samyama and went on Vegetarian diet. I think they both contributed (probably 70% for Veggie diet and 30% Samyama) and together enabled me to go on for months without wasting sexual energy.
If this works for you the way it worked for me, you might be able to get back to your normal diet gradually and keep the preservation or like me decide to stay on the veggie diet. I think in either case it's a lot better than having to worry about the energy loss.

Cheers,
Emil
Go to Top of Page

insideout

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  12:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit insideout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The other problem with waking ejaculations, from a pranic energy standpoint, is that they are, in my experience, more draining than nocturnal emissions.

Had a nocturnal emission last night, the first in a while, and I agree with the above quote. In fact I woke up earlier than usual, feeling very energetic ?!?

Even having orgasm without ejaculation is more draining than the recent nocturnal emission.

I remember, about 3 years ago, having a wet dream while Sri Yukteswar (See Autobiography of a Yogi by Yogananda) nodded approvingly . That's when I learned to not worry about this kind of thing. It's an evolving process, let's just get out of the way and let our phisiology do what it needs to do as it purifies.

Edited by - insideout on Mar 19 2008 12:09:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000