New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  09:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been thinking of something for awhile (esp. since Sadhak has complained about the meditation time.. and from next week may not be able to join us since the India time will now be 9.45pm) and think I should at least ask about it here. Would anyone be interested in starting/joining an AYP Global Meditation Group-East (AYPGMG-East)? We could decide on a time convenient for countries in the Eastern part of the world. I don't mind managing the times etc. for both the groups.. if however someone else would like to be the organizer for this new group (or the current AYPGMG-West), that is fine by me too. It would be nice if we could make AYPGMG-East group on Sunday too.. if however there is a majority who would prefer another day we could change the day. Also the samyama list could stay the same.. meaning the same person gets the healing by both groups. Anyone interested????

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  10:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
Thank you for the suggestion. This would be really fantastic if there are more takers. I would like to join up since I haven't been able to keep up 8.45 pm Sunday too often either. I'd been actually thinking since some time that it would have been nice to have an earlier time for the 'East', but didn't really see anyone else who'd want that. A regular large group participation would have a great improving effect on me! Come on East time, let's see the show of hands. (I'm not yet volunteering to coordinate because I'm dismal at that... but will do if I must). Let's see if there are enough people.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  11:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi S and S
I'd be on for that, if it suits me it should also suit the rest of Europe, since Europe time is 4.15pm and 5.15pm.

It may actually be possible to do both groups if they are spaced enough apart.

How much earlier where you thinking?

I don't mind volunteering, perhaps along with someone else, to split and share the load.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  12:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sadhak, if its OK with you, I'd like to make New Delhi the fixed time for calculations (Like I make NY time the fixed time in the West)

IF we make the meditation start time at New Delhi 11.15 AM..
We can include New Zealand at 6.45 PM
and Dublin/UK would be 5.45 AM

OR

IF we make the meditation start time at New Delhi 12.15 PM..
We can include New Zealand at 7.45 PM
and Dublin/UK would be 6.45 AM

OR

Play around with the times here...
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...xedform.html

Enter the date of 10/28/07 (since the time in Europe is going to change on the 28th), time of 11.15 AM (or whatever time seems convenient for you) and Location as INDIA-DELHI- New DELHI
Do a sort by Time Zones that way you will get a better picture.

Let me know, if we do go with a group for the East, what time seems good for you?
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  12:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak,
I hope You are Conducting Group Mediation in Gurgaon at 9.30AM local time, I had done 5 sittings till now on every Saturady from here at 12PM local time .
Hope it is going well, and wishing You to have many people for this Group.
Even I had experienced heavy silence throught the day on two occasions.
I am willing to join any Group for East, as I am practicing AYP daily.

Thanks
Srinivas
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  4:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It would be lovely to have a possibility to join both a morning and an evening meditation on Sundays! I will be joining as much as possible whatever time is decided.

Great idea!
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  12:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta, Srinivas,Sparkle, Emc,

Srinivas, yes we do the Group Mediation in Gurgaon at 9.30 a.m. local time regularly. Sometimes there are more people, sometimes less... but it is always done.

quote:
Even I had experienced heavy silence throught the day on two occasions

Thanks for your feedback. I take it to mean that you experienced the positive kind of silence. It's great to have you regularly joining us, and now that you, Sparkle and Emc are ready for a Sunday group East time too... we're in business for another group, aren't we Shweta?

11.15 a.m sounds fine by me (thanks for all those calculations!) ... let's see what the others feel...

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  07:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

11.15 a.m sounds fine by me (thanks for all those calculations!) ... let's see what the others feel...

Louis would 5.45 AM Dublin/UK time be OK for you?
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  09:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta
5.45am would be ok for me as well not much earlier than i usually do my morning med. That would give me two global meds every Sunday great
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  2:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Louis would 5.45 AM Dublin/UK time be OK for you?

mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhh yes, well I suppose I could always go back to bed afterwards. Yes, definately, count me in.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  3:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK.. so I guess we could get the AYPGMG-East started on Sun Nov 4th.

Do you want to keep the same Samyama list.. or do you want to skip samyama or do you want a separate list?

Srinivas.. this would be 1.45 PM Singapore time on Sunday for you to start mantra meditation.. anything else like spinal breathing etc. can be completed before 1.45pm. I hope this time will be OK for you. Thank you for joining us.

PS: EMC your time will be 6.45 AM.

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 29 2007 3:59:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  08:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
It is Ok for me to join at 1.45PM Singapore Time. Mean while , I would like to clarify if I Can do the regular morning Practice on Sundays apart from Group Meditation.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  08:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Srinivas_Mallya

Mean while , I would like to clarify if I Can do the regular morning Practice on Sundays apart from Group Meditation.

Hi Srinivas,
I replied to a similar question here..
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=8#26169
You may need to try it out and see if it gets too much to add an extra session or make this your second session...

quote:
Some do, some don't. Its your choice. If you think doing 2 normal sessions along with the group one is OK for you go ahead.. if not.. make this one, one of the two you do during the day.
Here is what Yogani had to say...

quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....hpage=3#9206
quote:
In lesson#37 Yogani says..
Group meditations are not a substitute for your regular twice-daily
meditations. Your individual practice is your primary practice, and
should always be. This keeps your spiritual destiny in your hands, in
your daily practice, regardless of other circumstances. Groups come
and go. Group meditations can be a wonderful boost, but they will
come and go too. Don't rely on them as core practice. Think of them
as bonuses. Life is always changing on the outside. Be sure that your
daily practice is ingrained as an inside aspect of your life, not
subject to being waylaid by outer events.

The intent in the above lesson was to discourage folks from relying on group meditations as a primary source of practice, which some of us might tend to do. Much more important is to have our home routine well-established and be self-sufficient in that. Then whatever else comes along in the way of group meditations, etc., we can regard as a bonus.

When preparing the lesson, I was not thinking of worldwide long-distance meditations, or their potential power for wide-scale purification and opening. In this case (or any powerful group meditation situation), it is incumbent on all of us to keep self-pacing in mind, as needed, whether the group meditation happens to be during our regular routine of practice, or in addition to it. It can be done either way. Each should weigh the results and make adjustments accordingly, as I see many of you are doing already.

Smart self-pacers, you are.

The world meditations are a wonderful new program, with very promising long term potential.

Gee, how many thousands can join in, and what will be the long term effect on world consciousness? Let's find out...

The guru is in you.

Thank you for joining us.

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 30 2007 08:58:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2007 :  09:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Srinivas,
Not sure if you know about the Group Samyama healing that we do after the group meditation.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1565
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1337
Let me know if you'd like me to add your name to this list.

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 31 2007 09:48:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  09:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
You Could also add my Name in Group Samyama Healing.
I am also doing Samyama daily at the end of the Session.
I think We need to add additional 30 Seconds in Samayama on the Name of the Person, who is the recipient in that Week.
Thanks for Your message
Srinivas
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  09:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, thank you Shanti. 6.45 will allow me to participate every Sunday morning when I happen to be awake at that time.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  11:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Srinivas,
I have put your name on the list. You will be up for the group healing on 11/18/07 (mm/dd/yy).
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  9:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Shanti, for adding my Name in Samyama List

Srinivas
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  01:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks to all for participating in the group meditation this morning.
It felt really nice and supportive.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  09:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
I think we can activate this group again. We have many practitioners from India now and I think it will be a wonderful addition to AYP to have people from all over the world have an opportunity to join a global meditation group.

I have made a slight change in the times.
The start time for this group will be 11.45 am India time. This will mean that most other countries can start mantra meditation 15 min past the hour. Please look at this site for the start time of your country.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...1=176&sort=2

I have tried to make sure the time is such that Europe can join in for their morning meditation with this group and join in for the evening meditation with the other existing group. You guys are in for a treat!!!

We will meet Sat and Sunday and will use the same samyama list.

When we started the existing Global Mediation Group on July 2nd 2006, we were not sure what we were getting into. There was even a point at which I though about dissolving the group, because I was not sure about how many people really participated, and/or how many were still interested. But people discouraged me from that. Thank You!!! Now, as many have experienced, you don't need to know how many people are joining in to feel the strength this group has these days.

So I have a lot of faith in the Global Group East becoming powerful too. It will pick up strength as it continues. And I appreciate the help of all of you who participate in person or with intent, in making these global groups possible.

I will soon put out a topic to give the details like I have with the existing global group meditation (or change the existing one).

If any of you have any suggestions, ideas, complaints, please feel free to post them here.

Thanks again for all the support.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  10:08:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti:

Reactivating the Global Group Meditation - East is a great idea. I assume you will include this in the main Global Group Meditation and Healing Samyama announcements also, so many will see it.

All the better to illuminate the planet with pure bliss consciousness.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  10:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Shanti:

Reactivating the Global Group Meditation - East is a great idea. I assume you will include this in the main Global Group Meditation and Healing Samyama announcements also, so many will see it.

All the better to illuminate the planet with pure bliss consciousness.

The guru is in you.

Yes Yogani will do so. Working on it.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  12:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Can you check this and let me know if it's OK.. or is it confusing.. or it should have more info/less info.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5232

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  2:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti

Wonderful to have a morning session in common too

I might be confused about this....but is it correct that the exerpt below is included twice in the info post?

*Check here for a list of cities with start time for the Group-West
OR
You can calculate the meditation start time in your country by going here. Enter a date, time of 11.15 AM and Location as USA-New York-New York to calculate your meditation start time.

**Check here for a list of cities with start time for the Group-East
OR
You can calculate the meditation start time in your country by going here. Enter a date, time of 11.45 AM and Location as INDIA-DELHI- New DELHI to calculate your meditation start time.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  5:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine
Do you mean once in brown and once in black?

That is because once it is a part of a footnote for the summary (brown), and once it is a part of the description.

I changed the brown one to a smaller font size so it looks like a part of the footnote.

Does that look better? If not, I can change the description part of it so it is worded a bit different.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  03:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti

Yes - that was it

It looks fine now - thank you for mothering these groups Shanti
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000