Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Sambhavi and self pacing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2007 :  4:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Yogani,

A few days ago I was reading your book Asanas etc. and tried the Sambhavi Mudra as an experiment. I was not doing any other practices at the time. I felt a very nice and strong surge of pleasure and a loosening of some stuck stuff It is usually prescribed to be done with Pranayama, correct? I have seen this topic mentioned several times since then on this site. One such post you state that headache is mostly the only symptom of overdoing. I am very eager to try again. Last night, in the middle of the night when I awoke, I put my attention on the ajna. Once again, nice feeling, with a definite sense of purification and inner guru insights going on. Also, some beautiful visions. I have been doing AYP about 8 months and have written to you recently about some wild energy stuff, but this feels like it is doing a good thing. I know that my bhakti is strong and this feels like the missing piece I've been looking for. I would just like to hear you or others tell me how much is too much and can I do it as a stand alone practice?

Thanks so much for all your help,
Jill

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  2:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jill:

Sounds like a good beginning with sambhavi mudra. As for how much is enough or too much, it depends on your own experience, with self-pacing utilized as needed.

Beginning sambhavi in our spinal breathing pranayama session is a good place to develop the habit. Going forward (especially in the formative stage), it is a good idea to regulate the daily time for sambhavi, so we can keep track and not to overdo too much. Later on, sambhavi may occur spontaneously as an "automatic yoga." Even then, we should use our common sense in self-pacing to avoid overdoing. Automatic yoga is not necessarily in our best interest at all times, sometimes leading to overdoing. It is a question of how well adapted we have become to the increased ecstatic energy flows within. When we are ready for more, we will know. And when we are not ready for more, we will know also.

As we become more advanced, sambhavi can be used at any time to stimulate and regulate our ecstatic conductivity. This leads naturally to the "whole body mudra." But not to rush things too much. See this related post: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=2921#25495

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  12:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again.

Jill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000