Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 New AYP Class in NYC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  11:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone - A new AYP meditation group has started in Manhattan, and last night was the first meeting. I had no idea what to expect, but was open to anything. It was a very small but open-hearted group, and the big treat for me was that another AYP member, BeWell, showed up. I knew that he was coming, so it wasn't a surprise, but what did surprise me was how connected I felt to him. I knew nothing about him whatsoever, but because we share this powerful inner journey, there was for me an instant connection. Like meeting a family member for the first time. It was hard for me to say goodbye, and the whole experience affirmed to me how important it is that we meet each other when possible. Personalities may connect or clash, but underneath the particulars, there is the profound 'seeing' and 'being seen' by a soul who knows and shares your inner path.

The group meets on Tuesdays. My format is to share what I know about the AYP practices, basically following Yogani's textbook and building a solid platform of meditation and inner stillness. We'll slowly add to the practices; I feel no need to rush. The informal lessons are from 7:00 - 7:30 pm, then the spinal breathing and meditation are from 7:30 - 8:00. Teaching is not my 'thing', and I was grateful last night that BeWell was there to help clarify the finer points of deep meditation. I welcome anyone with a solid basis in AYP to come and help me out with this, if you're interested. Classes are free. Yogani's books are available by donation of $5 t $8. I'm strongly urging new members to buy the Deep Meditation book.

The location is West 32nd Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues. It's just a few blocks from Penn Station. If you'd like to come I'll need your name and phone # for the doorman, which you may send to me through AYP, and we'll take it from there. It's not in a private residence, but in a busy set of offices with lots of people, so there is the need to be accountable for all the people who come. It would be great to meet more AYP members, so if you're coming to or through NYC, plz try to come. I sense that one's practices could benefit by it considerably.

Edited by - Manipura on Sep 12 2007 12:15:33 PM

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  1:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greg (bewell) asked me to come with him, but I was not able to at that time. You may expect me sometime in the future however :)
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  09:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by meg
...there is the profound 'seeing' and 'being seen' by a soul who knows and shares your inner path.

Thanks, Meg, for your generous affirmation of my visit. It was a profound experience for me too. I'm in a phase where many parts of my yogic journey are bringing me to a new level -- clunking into the wonders of stage 2 kechari mudra, enjoying i am's embrace/full body mudra. So adding to that, my first experience of meditating with another person doing AYP was truly a milestone experience for me. I am sooo grateful.

Yesterday, I had a second experience meeting and meditating with another person into AYP when fellow Baltimoran, Anthony, came by. Truly a joy. There is always more to experience on this journey.

Meg, I wish you success in your second NYC meeting. I so wish I could be there, but alas, the practicalities.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000